Yoshi's Land outed by Best Buy and Future Shop

Yoshi's Land for Wii U appears to have been outed by Canadian retailers Best Buy and Future Shop, with both stores listing the game for a December 31 release.

"Take Yoshi on an epic adventure to remember in Yoshi Land for Nintendo Wii U," says the description. "Check out Yoshi as you've never seen him before: in glorious high definition. Enjoy dual-screen control thanks to the Wii U Touchscreen GamePad, while you'll also be able to experience full integration with Nintendo's MiiVerse service."

Interestingly Yoshi's Land for Wii U has not been officially announced, so whether it'll arrive as soon as December 31 remains to be seen. It doesn't seem likely, although a future release (perhaps next year) is more than likely.

Edited On 28 Nov, 2012

Comments
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
Yoshi best Mario character by far!!
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Considering Best Buy leaked the Mini Wii yesterday I could certainly see it being true. I REALLY hope it captures the charm from Yoshi's Island. I enjoyed Story enough when I first got my 64 but it was pretty damn short and easy.
Interesting, the name suggests something like Yoshi's Island, but possibly not. Whatever it is though, Yoshi is always good :)
Barada's avatar
Barada 4 years ago
Could be along the same ideas as Mario Galaxy but with Yoshi as the sole star. If it's just a re-hash of Yoshi's Island then it already feels somewhat of a lacklustre release. I know, we don't have any idea what to expect, so all we can do is wait. ;)
Robichoico's avatar
Yoshi's Island is still one of the best platformers. And considering the likes of DKC:Returns and Rayman Origins (and heard nothing but good things about NSMBU) managed to pull off something great while still going with 'more of the same' The thing I AM worried about however is that it says this is out in a months time and we know NOTHING about it. While I doubt Nintendo would allow one of their bigger properties go out like a steaming pile it is cause for concern. (especially looking at poo like COD: Declassified and Rollercoaster Tycoon 3DS)
Robichoico 4 years ago
The release date is December the 31st 2013 if you look at the website, so no need to worry about it being rushed.
Barada's avatar
I'm not against re-imagining's of any game; and when these games are released they're usually pretty damn good. But I feel the announcements aren't that overwhelming, now. The Yoshi's island level on Super Smash Bros. Brawl is my favourite one! ;)
Barada 4 years ago
Christopher 4 years ago
If it is true that'd be great, it would be a solid game, and everyone loves Yoshi! But we might have to wait a bit longer than what Best Buy say.