Bungie's Destiny gets new details/images

Details of Bungie's PS3 and Xbox 360 title, Destiny, have been revealed to IGN overnight.

According to the documents sent to the site, the game is designed to be "fun and accessible to all,"aiming "to create a universe as deep, tangible and relatable as that of the Star Wars franchise."

IGN also reports that the game seems to be aimed at "multiple demographics, perhaps suggesting that Destiny will be less mature than Bungie's efforts with Halo."

"Destiny is designed for your inner seven year old. We want to make it feel like a mythic adventure," says a quote from Bungie co-founder Jason Jones.

Other information shows the game as "social at its core," offering "a world to explore with friends, both old and new." It's unclear whether this confirms comments from Bungie in 2011 that the game is an MMO, which Bungie later called a joke. The document also includes a Destiny logo along with Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 icons, as well as the URL Destiny.com. While Destiny.com is currently password-protected, if it is indeed a URL that's been purchased by Bungie, it could suggest that Destiny will ultimately be the game's final name rather than a codename as previously speculated.

Destiny is to be released on PS3, Xbox 360, PC and future platforms. The series will span multiple games with the first being a timed exclusive to Microsoft, although according to the latest document releases on other platforms will arrive as soon as possible.

Here's some images.

Edited On 28 Nov, 2012

Comments
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
OMG!!!! this looks unreal and I cant for it.. im guessing the future games will be crossing over to the 720.. I was actually thinking the first 1 would be released as a 720 launch title.. but obviously I was wrong.. hoping for a release date so I can start getting excited :D
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
Can't help but love Bungie. I'll be keeping a very close eye on this
ZdravkoN's avatar
ZdravkoN 4 years ago
I don't like this part: "social at its core,". Sounds like MMO or something. It is necessarily a bad thing, but we will see. It looks to be a great and interesting game. I loved Halo (all of them), so I am looking forward to this :)
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Just noticed that it says Bungie and PS3. So they're not exclusive to Microsoft anymore? (I heard rumours that this was why they're not doing Halo anymore.) As for the game itself....I'm hesitant. I enjoyed the first Halo to an extent but after that it became more of the same.
hallben's avatar
Nope, they went their separate ways after Halo 3. They are now an Activision published developer.
hallben 4 years ago
rick75fowler's avatar
rick75fowler 4 years ago
it does look rather amazing going by the pics,first one does look really nice but is it me or does it look a bit like halo 4,not that it bothers me as its brilliant ive not heard anything on this so well done shopto for informing me i shall make a note on this one and see how it will progress and with bungie backing it the game should be excellent
hXcPete's avatar
hXcPete 4 years ago
Impressive looking game 'screenshots' lately, I await more info :)
Greigyboii's avatar
Greigyboii 4 years ago
I thought this was going to be a next gen title, but from the screens I am guessing not! Hopefully be able to see a trailer soon! It sounds pretty amazing! :D
hallben's avatar
Not screen, concept art, so really it doesnt indicate any generation.
hallben 4 years ago
Barada's avatar
Barada 4 years ago
'Less mature than Halo'? Hmm, since when was running around with a gun in hand classed as mature? 'Inner seven-year-old'? Sounds about right! ;)
Solidus 5nake's avatar
Solidus 5nake 4 years ago
These images kind of remind me of a cross between Halo and Killzone, it will be very interesting to see how this game turns out.
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Love Halo and everything that bungie has done, so i only expect good things from this game. Pics are looking ace aswell, looks like a mix of Halo and Star wars to me.
hallben's avatar
hallben 4 years ago
Looks stunning, but it IS CONCEPT art. So take it all with a pinch of salt. So we should expect a big announcement at the VGAs. Maybe even the first trailer, now that is something I would get very excited about. Though now that MS have done Halo better than Bungie ever did, well, I dont miss them that much.
Adam 4 years ago
Awesome news! The concept art looks intriguing, and it certainly has that Bungie vibe to it. I think we can trust them to make more great titles - even without Microsoft's backing. It's one to watch, anyway.
GAZZAAAAAAAAA's avatar
GAZZAAAAAAAAA 4 years ago
Looks cracking from these screens some detail will keep tabs on this.
shiny miller's avatar
shiny miller 4 years ago
Very vague at this point, so while I'm interested I'm not getting excited yet.
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
cant argue with bungie for fan satisfaction, this might shape up to be everything everyone ever wanted