Great Dishonored sales means series will continue

Bethesda has said that Dishonored will spawn more games in the future after the title managed better than expected sales.

Marketing chief Pete Hines told Destructoid that publisher Bethesda has added Dishonored to its stable of franchises such as Fallout, Elder Scrolls and Doom.

"I can tell you that Dishonored is far exceeding our sales expectations," Hines said, "which is especially cool considering it's a new IP facing a host of well-established franchises this quarter.

"We did terrific numbers again this past weekend, both in stores and on Steam, where Dishonored was listed as the number one selling title over the holiday weekend. And Dishonored has really sold well overseas.

"So, we're very pleased and appreciate all the fans that have supported Dishonored and Arkane. We clearly have a new franchise."

We were full of praise for Dishonored in our review, so it's great to see that the consumer also seems to agree that this is a fantastic game.

Edited On 28 Nov, 2012

Comments
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
I could not of asked for better news involving dishonored :D this really is incredible news for a big fan of the game and its got me in the mood to do another play through! im such a big fan of the elder scrolls fallout and now dishonored.. go on Bethesda!!!
Datastatic's avatar
Datastatic 4 years ago
I dont get this. If its selling so well why is it discounted everywhere already? This seems to be a new thing. I guess my resolution for 2013 will be not to buy games on day one.
Barada's avatar
Skyrim had 2011 Pre-Christmas price-drop as well - also from Bethesda. Maybe it's partly down to them?
Barada 4 years ago
rick75fowler's avatar
rick75fowler 4 years ago
thats good news i hope to see more from them,the game was fun i must say it got a bit dull half way through for me but still enjoyed it and fully completed it,defo worth a buy if you not got it already,graphically its nice and smooth and the gameplay is good and the controls are solid,looking forward to the next installement
commissio's avatar
Loving this game :)
commissio 4 years ago
hXcPete's avatar
hXcPete 4 years ago
Just make sure to release the next one just before Black Friday/Cyber Monday too ;)
Barada's avatar
Barada 4 years ago
They don't mess about announcing sequels do they? By the time I buy Dishonored (in 2013) the next one will be out! ;) Love the way American spelling gets the rest of the world to spell incorrectly! :o
Solidus 5nake's avatar
Solidus 5nake 4 years ago
This is music to my ears, I wasn't really fussed about Dishonored originally, but that all changed when I actually played the game :)
Christopher 4 years ago
Been desperate to get this game since it was released! Looks stunning and, as it's a Bethesda game, there's always a good chance it'll exceed my expectations. Great news they've got a new franchise.
kwok007's avatar
kwok007 4 years ago
I've had this game a while and while not really my type of game am really impressed with it, spent a lot of time on it, definitely worth getting, and will also get any sequels :)
ZdravkoN's avatar
ZdravkoN 4 years ago
I still haven't got the chance to get my hands on Dishonored, but I hear (and read) that it is awesome. I like stealth games (huge fan of the older Splinter Cell games and Hitman), so I guess I'll like this one too. Happy to hear that there will be sequels.
shiny miller's avatar
shiny miller 4 years ago
Always good to see an original title do so well! Not sure when I'll get around to playing it though, I only played Bioshock and Assassin's Creed (the originals!) this year...
Barada's avatar
I wouldn't worry, I only just bothered to finish Assassin's Creed after having it for a couple of years now! Began Assassin's Creed II soon after, still got the other three waiting to get through -although they've already been played (and finished, except for 'III') by someone else in the house!
Barada 4 years ago
hallben's avatar
hallben 4 years ago
I am not at all surprised to here this. Now I personalty had some faults with this game, but I did like the world they had created and wanted to see more of it. So in some ways it did succeed in my eyes. It just doesn't deserve the wide acclaim it seemed to get.
GAZZAAAAAAAAA's avatar
GAZZAAAAAAAAA 4 years ago
This is great news am happy about this!!:-0)
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
Brilliant game, a breath of fresh air in a stagnating pond of sequels... wait what they're doing a sequel?? (Jesus face palm)