Register your 3DS XL and get a free game

Nintendo has revealed that if you register your 3DS XL on Club Nintendo before the middle of January then you will be able to download one of five games from Nintendo eShop for free.

To receive your free game download all you have to do is visit www.club-nintendo.com and register any Nintendo 3DS XL before the 15th of January 2013. Once registered you will be able to choose your free game and will receive a download code.

The selection includes Super Mario 3D Land, Freakyforms Deluxe Your Creations, Alive!, New Art Academy: Learn New Painting Techniques and Share Your Art, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask and Nintendo presents: New Style Boutique. To download your game of choice you simply need to head to Nintendo eShop between January 1st, 2013 and January 31st, 2013 and redeem your download code.

This promotion is valid for residents of the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Belgium, the Netherlands, Portugal and Russia.

Any Nintendo 3DS XL system (European version) purchased since the release in July 2012 is eligible. In case you have already registered your Nintendo 3DS XL system in Club Nintendo, you will still be able to receive the free download if you log in to your Club Nintendo account and follow the instructions on the banner about the promotion by January 15th, 2013.

Edited On 28 Nov, 2012

Comments
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Nice selection of titles. Although I'll be a bit peeved if it's only for new adapters and not for those who already own a XL
Robichoico's avatar
edit. Mis-read. Looks like everyone is getting. Need to decide which one lol. Shame I already put Layton away for Christmas, woulda sold that lol. Might have to go for Boutique or Art Academy
Robichoico 4 years ago
A nice little incentive, but still not enough for me to want to upgrade.
hXcPete's avatar
hXcPete 4 years ago
Hot Hot Hot! Oh wait this isn't HUKD... Still, I want one slightly more than I did before!
rjc's avatar
rjc 4 years ago
Thanks for posting this. Would of had no idea otherwise. Will definitely register the system now.
Barada's avatar
Barada 4 years ago
An actual giveaway by Nintendo (or any compamy) - I'm shocked. About time these businesses were more generous, they've made thousands from us all! ;)
Robichoico's avatar
really? Nintendo gave away about 20 games last year due to the 3DS price-cut. (I'll be VERY interested to see if Sony do the same with the Vita cut.) Not to mention the Four Swords one. And Wii U buyers are getting that code that gives so much back for each online purchase. They've also gave us some smaller freebies like free DLC for NSMB 2. And Sony are charging you £4 a month for like 12-13 games via PS+. Not free (unless you get a freebie trial code.) but can't say fairer than that.
Robichoico 4 years ago
Yep, Nintendo have been pretty good for freebies lately.
Barada's avatar
Bought a 3DS as a present then the XL arrived - annoyed me really. Still a fan of Nintendo - since the SNES days. ;)
Barada 4 years ago
Me too, been a lifelong Nintendo fan since I first played Donkey Kong in the arcades back in 81.
Datastatic's avatar
Datastatic 4 years ago
Have just had a look on there and can't see anything in regards to this. If anyone finds a direct link please can you post it?
Robichoico's avatar
It says January so likely it isn't up. Might see an email from nintendo tho
Robichoico 4 years ago
Datastatic's avatar
found it now, it wouldnt display on Safari but did on Firefox. They email the code to you now and you redeem it after Jan 1st
Datastatic 4 years ago
Solidus 5nake's avatar
Solidus 5nake 4 years ago
Good of them to give out a free game, but until they release a 3DS with a second analog stick, without having to buy a circle pad pro, I have no interest in upgrading.
Cous's avatar
Cous 4 years ago
Oh this is a nice suprise, ill be getting a nice game, probably layton, with my Pikachu 3Ds XL later this new year cant wait. Good job Nintendo!
Datastatic's avatar
Datastatic 4 years ago
If you havent got Mario, its a no brainer. Superb game that makes the best use of the 3DS. I have it so am getting Layton.
Unfortunately I had to cancel my Pikachu XL since I had to buy a new Graphics Card & CPU for my PC so this makes me even more gutted about having to cancel. (goes to cry in corner)
GAZZAAAAAAAAA's avatar
GAZZAAAAAAAAA 4 years ago
Always good to get something for free,well done Nintendo.
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
I'll keep this in mind incase i happen to get a 3DS XL for crimbo. It's on my list to santa anyways... lol
preyalone's avatar
preyalone 4 years ago
I registered my XL back in August, and signed up for the free game last night. It's not the easiest thing to find on the Club Nintendo site. You have to sign into the site, go to 'My Account', then click through the announcement banners at the top until the promotion appears. You'd think they'd have it on the front page once you're signed in....
Cathe's avatar
Cathe 4 years ago
I'm not sure which game I want. I don't own any of them so for me the choice is between Mario or Layton.
Got to be Mario.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
A good idea my cousin will be pleased as he's got one for his little boy. Got to be Mario surely?