Wii Mini not coming to the UK

The Wii Mini was revealed as an exclusive holiday release for Canada early last week, however according to Nintendo, it won't be coming to the UK at any point in the near future.

Speaking with CVG, a Nintendo rep confirmed the company's position on the Wii Mini, "We have no plans to launch it in the UK. Our focus here is all about Wii U."

The Wii Mini launches across Canada from December 7 for 99.99 Dollars. It has no internet or GameCube compatibility, so is obviously aimed at those on a budget.

Are you happy to see Nintendo focusing on the Wii U in the UK? Or do you want a Mini?

Edited On 30 Nov, 2012

Comments
Solid_Snake753's avatar
Solid_Snake753 4 years ago
what is one of those? looks like a packed lunch box lol :)
LFC Bywater's avatar
Yeh but quite a funky pack lunch box lol
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
I'm happy that it won't be coming to the UK. Most people who would have wanted a standard Wii would have been able to afford them by now, as they are quite cheap to pick up. I'd rather Nintendo kept their attention with the 3DS and WiiU in the UK with no distractions.
hallben's avatar
I couldnt agree more. This is utterly unnecessary and while the re-design looks nice I wouldn't put it anywhere the EU market until at least 6 months post WiiU launch.
hallben 4 years ago
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 4 years ago
So has somebody forget to tell canada there is a wiiu coming out? Like i said before i don't see the point of this console and now that not every country is getting it, It seems even more pointless.
rick75fowler's avatar
rick75fowler 4 years ago
least we know now its not coming which i think is a good idea,with the wii u out i think it would of drowned and the loss would of been quite a big dent it would be interesting to see how sales are tho in canada,perhaps if it does well they might expand it out to all other places
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
It would be nice as a novelty idea. Or for those who like to collect every major variation of the nintendo consoles (I know there are a few out there.) but it just has no purpose of being out here.
Solidus 5nake's avatar
Solidus 5nake 4 years ago
This is a shame, this would have made a good Christmas present for the younger additions to the family :(
GAZZAAAAAAAAA's avatar
GAZZAAAAAAAAA 4 years ago
Good get an Xbox and a Kinect no need for these Wii's lol :)
tomas 4 years ago
Sorry Gaz bud but i disagree, i have an Xbox with kinect but i'd rather play Mario kart wii or resident evil 4 over joy ride or any other kinect game.
GAZZAAAAAAAAA's avatar
I have a Kinect too and Id rather play games like Kinect sports season 1 and 2 and not have to hold things whilst playing these types of games,The Kinect though not amazing is far superior than the Wii but we'll agree to disagree here :)
GAZZAAAAAAAAA 4 years ago
PrometheusFan's avatar
Resident Evil 4 is out on 360 though... and it's a far better and cheaper version than you can get on Wii. Also, Mario Kart is a bit of a joke compared to something like Forza Horizon. Forza Horizon incidentally is actually cheaper to buy than Mario Kart Wii is right now where I shop, which is just an insane scenario to me.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Robichoico's avatar
Opinion. It's whats on for dinner. At least there's only been one Mario Kart on the Wii at least. There's like 5 Forza. All of them looking the same. Damn Nintendo for milking their franchises. Hope Microsoft don't decide to do that.
Robichoico 4 years ago
GAZZAAAAAAAAA's avatar
You obviously havent played Forza 4 mate alot more added than previous like the added Kinect features and the Top Gear features and mini games also check out Forza Horizon for a totally new feel too but still keeping all things great that make Forza the greatest ever racing franchise in my opinion ofcourse :)
GAZZAAAAAAAAA 4 years ago
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
what a pointless idea.. they bring out their new console to remake their old 1! pointless so its a good call to not bring it out over hear!
Barada's avatar
Barada 4 years ago
This won't diminish Wii U purchases one bit; it's like a last hurrah for the mega-success of the Wii; it's a good idea for strictly playing some classic Wii games - which are timeless, irrespective of technology 'moving on'.
PrometheusFan's avatar
Actually I'd argue that Wii games are very much "of their time" and won't have the same lasting appeal of older Nintendo titles... if for no other reason than you're not going to be seeing Wii Remotes on store shelves forever, and a lot of Wii games like Zelda Skyward Sword and Mario Galaxy are too heavily built around that control scheme to reasonably be adapted at some future point on, say, a handheld or something. Just look at Ocarina of Time even... barely works control wise on the 3DS.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Robichoico's avatar
Zelda was fine on the 3DS. Had no issues whatsoever. Usually I end up waiting a gen or two before going back to past gen. Gives me enough time to appreciate them and enjoy them more. I went back to Brawl a few months ago and enjoyed it a whole lot more than I did when it first came out.
Robichoico 4 years ago
PrometheusFan's avatar
"Zelda was fine on the 3DS. Had no issues whatsoever." I found the gyroscopic aiming controls made it near unplayable in parts personally.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Robichoico's avatar
I found nothing wrong with them at all. Took about 5 seconds to get used to it lol. Games like Face Raiders etc train you for stuff like that. In the end I found it easier than the normal way.
Robichoico 4 years ago
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
I think it's a nice idea for people who can't afford the U and could get this with a cheap back catalogue! Games now are around 5 to 10 quid if there really old and Wii games have been generally cheaper than most others! A good purchase for anyone wanting there first games console
yazuka's avatar
yazuka 4 years ago
Can't say I'm either happy nor sad. Perhaps if it had been a "complete" Wii, I would have been a bit sad. But then again, it's not a very nice looking console IMO.
Adam 4 years ago
Don't mind too much - I'm not sure I'd be interested anyway. It's a bit of an odd choice to release it in Canada only, what do others think about that?