Dead or Alive 5 Plus announced for PS Vita

The PlayStation Vita is to get a new Dead or Alive game early next year, according to Team Ninja Head, Yosuke Hayashi.

Dead or Alive 5 Plus will arrive for Vita, bringing along some extra features, although a patch will also be released for the console versions, bringing some new features to the game.

No details as to whether there will be any cross-play/cross-save features as of yet.

Check out the announcement video below.

Edited On 02 Dec, 2012

Comments
Barada's avatar
Barada 4 years ago
Never immediately thought the handhelds were ergonomically designed for button-bashing style gaming. The way most people play beat-em' ups, you'd be afraid to let someone have a go on it - don't break the Vita!
PrometheusFan's avatar
The Vita has been proving itself a perfect handheld for fighting games so far. Best d-pad you can get for playing such games. Button mashing in any competent fighter isn't going to get you very far either.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
Dead or Alive is one of my favourite all time fighters been thinking of getting number 5 on the PS3 but haven't got round to it yet. I remember playing number 2 and especially enjoyed the mode where you had to get all the fruit. Does 5 have something similar?
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Wow. Didn't expect this. Should look amazing on the Vita OLED screen and the online should be tremendous if there's cross play.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
I would like to see more of the cross play its a great idea! It incentivises people to by a PS3 and Vita. I was considering PS all stars which comes with a downloadable vita version.
PrometheusFan's avatar
That's cross buy you're thinking of, cross play is where Vita and PS3 owners can play against each other online. Sadly, Cross buy is very unlikely for this game.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
hallben's avatar
hallben 4 years ago
DOA has always been my fave fighting game. Id love this on my Vita.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
If they can retain the graphics it would be a great success for PS Vita and could kickstart it.
PrometheusFan's avatar
Unlikely. No one ever bought a console to play DOA.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
GAZZAAAAAAAAA's avatar
GAZZAAAAAAAAA 4 years ago
I was a big fan of Dead or Alive back in my ps2 day's and no it wasn't for those two reasons lol it was for the gameplay honest ;)