Sony discounts PlayStation Plus

Sony's first 12 Deal of Xmas has went live, giving gamers a 33 percent discount on a 90-day PS Plus subscription.

This means that you can pick up PlayStation Plus 7.99 GBP down from 11.99 GBP. The offer expires at 11.59pm on December 7.

We think this is a fantastic deal, especially since both PS Vita and PS3 are included in PlayStation Plus now. So if you haven't checked out PS Plus yet why not give it a try

Edited On 02 Dec, 2012

Comments
Skyowners's avatar
Skyowners 4 years ago
Thats great news :D was waiting for an opportunity to get ps+ Hmm..maybe ill buy a vita this christmas too :)
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Great. Only 7 days after me paying 11.99 for it. Anyone know if we can buy it again to get 6 months?
PrometheusFan's avatar
Yes. Any Plus purchases stack up.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Pete992's avatar
Ideal i shall be doing the same
Pete992 4 years ago
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
Have never checked it out what sort of games are on there. I remember when they had the outage they allowed Burnout for download but it never excited me then I need to be sold on it as I like my physical games anyway
PrometheusFan's avatar
PS+ was a very different service back around the time of the PSN hack, where you'd get like 3-4 free games available at any one time and a bunch of other free nonsense like themes and avatars. Nowadays including Vita titles you have around 15 free games available at any one time, with 3-4 titles rotating in and out every month. It's great value, especially this month, where the free titles are Vanquish and Arkham City.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
yazuka's avatar
yazuka 4 years ago
That's a really great deal! I jumped on it immediately. After those months are over, I'm thinking of getting PS+ for a whole year. So great with all the free games you are getting.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Decent Price for the 90 day sub. I'll whack it on just to stack onto my current sub while it's this cheap. Looking forward to seeing what they bring out for the rest of the promotion
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
Arkham City really doesn't excite me. I did own it but disliked the game. Vanquish has always interested me though... Anyone played it? I did see Resident Evil 5 but whilst I do have that game would be good to play the DLC for free.
yazuka's avatar
Yeah, I've played Vanquish. I'm not sure what I think about it. A fast paced action game, that feels like an 90-action movie. But for me something was missing.. Can't put my finger on what, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I felt I would/should have.
yazuka 4 years ago
hallben's avatar
hallben 4 years ago
If you have a PS3 and your not on + your mental! Use this as the excuse you need right now!
yazuka's avatar
I agree! I ignored PS+ for a long time, but then I saw all the good stuff. You really do get a great value with PS+.
yazuka 4 years ago
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
But are the games all old or are a lot recent?
PrometheusFan's avatar
I think the rules state that they don't add disc release games that are less than a year old or something. Downloadable titles are sometimes free at launch for plus members though, so that's something.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Beazi's avatar
For the Reto Mega Drive games (bring out Super Hang On!) and Psone classics this would be a great buy if those were free. But I do believe Sega will create San Ultimate collection too. Do you get a free game trial for new releases?
Beazi 4 years ago
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
a vita is on the cards for me I think! anyone against this with there recommendations? cause its a lot of money for something that might not be worth it!
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
I wouldn't mind a Vita but I would like more new exclusive games. A Dead Space would be good as would the Doom collection. At the moment there isn't masses that excite me. Is the Call of Duty on Vita any good?
Robichoico's avatar
The Call of Duty on Vita is an abomination. It brings the Vita name down, the Call of Duty name down and gaming's name in general down. There's just so much wrong with it. Campaign is about an hour long (at max) with some of the worst AI ever. online is pretty much broken. And when I did manage to get online it just randomly kicked me out. And the sad thing is that because of the name people will buy it. And the sales alone will allow the development team to do the same thing next year
Robichoico 4 years ago
GAZZAAAAAAAAA's avatar
GAZZAAAAAAAAA 4 years ago
Good deal that,hoping to get my wee boy a Vita for his birthday early next year depending on the funds:)
Adam 4 years ago
Microsoft need to think about doing this with Xbox Live. It's pretty expensive at the moment, although it does offer some nice options and extras. Haven't used Playstation Plus - what's it like?
hallben's avatar
Fantastic! Its easily one of the best services I have ever signed up to. I got on board just before they changed the format into this new style of bigger games. So glad I did.
hallben 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
Yeah i agree with Microsoft adopting this kind of strategy aswell. Can't see them doing it though, we get the Xbox live rewards programme instead which gives u a whole 20 microsoft points a month if you fill out their survey... Great.. lol
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Robichoico's avatar
i think X-Box needs to have a bit of a kick up the backside when it comes to their online services. Considering now Sony AND Nintendo are doing well with matching it. FOR FREE. It's a bit of a kick in the teeth to be shelling out £40 or so a year to get the service we get from Microsoft, and have it full of adverts.
Robichoico 4 years ago
Pyroloveridge's avatar
yeah MS really need to change the business model now, if i got on better with my playstation i would be a member of PS+ no question they offer fantastic deals for members
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago