Premium Wii U dominates sales of new console

Nintendo's Premium Wii U SKU accounted for 60 per cent of the console's launch weekend sales.

The data courtesy of chart track, also reveals that the ZombiU bundle accounted for 30 per cent, showing just a 10 per cent share for the basic model.

This obviously comes as no surprise since we'd expect it'd be mainly Nintendo fans and other gamers who are snapping the console up, as is usually the case at launch. We'd also imagine that this will change once word of the Wii U gets out - if it gets out.

As for the games, the highest Wii U entry in the software charts was the bundled Nintendo Land, although even this title only managed to chart at No.11, while New Super Mario Bros U entered in 13th place, followed by ZombiU in 17th.

We'll have the full top 40 charts for you soon.

Edited On 03 Dec, 2012

Comments
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Makes sense. Zombiu isn't for everyone and Nintendoland reaches a wider audience. Personally don't see the point for the white one so much. I like the colour better but when you are gonna buy a game anyways seems like you might aswell pay the extra tenner for all of the additions.
You like the white better? Personally I'm sick of white after the 360 and Wii, glad to have a nice shiny black Wii U to match my 3DS.
Robichoico's avatar
My problem with the black is the finger prints. But then again. Black PS3, Black Vita, Black Wii U, Silver and Black 3DS. It all goes down rather well.
Robichoico 4 years ago
The fingerprints are pretty bad I suppose, but once in place a quick polish and it's all good, and never needs handling again, just the odd wipe.
Barada's avatar
Surely the gamepad screen is of more concern during its lifespan? Scratch magnet?
Barada 4 years ago
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Dosn't surprise me in the slightest. I would expect the basic model's numbers to improve closer to Christmas. When parents grab the console for younger kids as a gift. But it doesn't surprise me in the least that early adopters grab the premium console and bundles
Solidus 5nake's avatar
Solidus 5nake 4 years ago
Like you say in the article its not surprising as its a new console launch. But I only know one person that has a WiiU, which is a shame because I really want to have a go of one, to see what all the fuss is about.
Robichoico's avatar
its word of mouth that seems to be spreading this around. Me and a few mates had a game on Nintendoland and Zombiu a few days ago and since then all of them have ordered a Wii U.
Robichoico 4 years ago