Battlefield 3 is second deal of Xmas from Sony

Sony has unveiled its second deal of Xmas, discounting the digital version of Battlefield 3 from 59.99 GBP to 29.99, with an extra 10 per cent discount for PS Plus subscribers.

The previous deal, which is still valid until December 8, sees users getting a 90 PS Plus subscription for just 7.99 GBP, which is a fantastic deal.

Sony will reveal a new deal ever 48 hours leading up to Xmas.

Does any of the above catch your attention?

Incidentally, you can buy Battlefield 3 from ShopTo for just 19.85 GBP. Order your copy here.

Edited On 03 Dec, 2012

Comments
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Damn good price for BF3. A discount on premium might be on the cards though. If you're not grabbing the DLC for BF3, it's just not worth playing it. IMHO
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Not a great deal. Bought from Amazon for £15 last year. And if you have a Morrissons in the area you might be able to pick it up for 98p as its one of the ones in their clearance.
troublemaker's avatar
But if you're going the digital route, this is a decent deal
troublemaker 4 years ago
Why would anyone do that when they can buy a physical copy loads cheaper?
troublemaker's avatar
I've considered it more than once. With changing priorities and my current game collection taking up way too much space, I would HAPPILY do digital only if my internet was only slightly better. I don't agree with the pricing, and I think that both Sony and MS need to make the point that a publishers RRP is disgusting as a default price for a download, but I do very much like the idea. It's no different to Steam on my PC, I'm fine with that.
troublemaker 4 years ago
My games collection covers 3 50xDVD racks, 3 shelves and a whole cupboard, and is still growing, but I'll always make room for another game if it's the cheapest option. Digital right now is a rip off, and it needs to change if it's ever going to become the preferred format.
troublemaker's avatar
I'm not saying it's not a rip off, but I no longer want the massive amount of games sitting in my house. I have far too many shelving units in my house for blu-rays/DVDs, games and books and I want to cut the numbers of all of them down. There are games I will always want to keep on disc, but Battlefield is a great example of a game that for me would be perfect as a digital download (The origin download of that and MoH is brilliant for me) Digital will never be the majority preferred format, because there is no way to get money back on rubbish games, but I hold out hope that it can be my default answer on day
troublemaker 4 years ago
You could always sell your digital games on by sticking them on a memory card or something. ;) Digital will be the preferred media one day though, when it is the only option, and it's definitely happening, probably sooner rather than later too.
troublemaker's avatar
Making it the only option is kind of setting it up for failure at these prices though (See the PSP-Go) But, if publishers at platform holders can get the right deals going, it could be the way forward. Sales like this help IMHO, but they aint the solution. Look at steam. No one complains about the retail prices on steam, because they always have MASSIVE sales that keep the players happy. Once PSN and XBL pick up on this, we will all be much happier about being pushed into the digital only generation!
troublemaker 4 years ago
It's a lesson that needs learning, but they really don't have to if they don't want to. Once the internet gets widespread enough then they can do it, and there's nothing the likes of us can do about it, and it's really not that far off, quite likely within the next ten years I'm thinking.
Solidus 5nake's avatar
Solidus 5nake 4 years ago
You can get this for £19.99 brand new if you shop about.
I don't know why anybody would buy it at that price, digital copies of games should be cheaper than physical copies, not more expensive. It's a lesson all the platforms need to embrace before we get to the point of digital only distribution, otherwise there is going to be a revolt.
Solid_Snake753's avatar
Solid_Snake753 4 years ago
enough people have got bf3, i mean you can go to amazon and pickup bf3 + premium for £40. so not very tempting... the ps plus offer was a good start though.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Crap price.
Wey1's avatar
Wey1 4 years ago
hopefully we see better deals.
Andrew 4 years ago
Not a bad deal but for digital download could of still been better........
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
Would rather a physical copy from ShopTo than feed the Sony cashcow
Pete992's avatar
Pete992 4 years ago
would love to know if anyone actually paid 59.99 for any game that wasn't a collectors edition etc
Robichoico's avatar
Paid that for Turok Dinosaur Hunter all those years back =3
Robichoico 4 years ago
shiny miller's avatar
shiny miller 4 years ago
Hmm, not that interesting a deal but plenty of time still to come. I bet they'll do Fifa 13 promotion at some point too.
kwok007's avatar
kwok007 4 years ago
Loved battlefield bad company 2, got battlefield 3 and hardly played it so wouldn't pay £29.99 at all.