3DS and Wii U get Firmware Updates

Both the Wii U and the Nintendo 3DS have received new firmware updates.

The Wii U update is 625MB and apparently takes around 45 minutes to download. This update addresses system stability and is also said to improve the sluggish menus and reduce loading times on certain applications.

The 3DS meanwhile brings the system version to 4.5.0-10U and includes "further improvements to overall system stability" as well as making "other minor adjustments" to "enhance the user experience."

That'll be a busy morning of downloading for Nintendo fans then.

Edited On 05 Dec, 2012

Comments
No biggy, the 3DS one took all of a minute, and the Wii U one took about half the estimated 45 minutes.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
3DS took less than 5 seconds lol. Wii U took about 45 minutes for me. Kinda just sped things up a bit. And from what I gather it does it in the background if you're on the internet. Or you can manually watch it by going to system settings.
Turak64's avatar
Turak64 4 years ago
The 3DS update took a matter of seconds, still currently doing the Wii U update. IGN did a really good feature on improvements that the Wii U needs - http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/12/04/10-things-we-want-from-wii-u Looks like the menu loading times has been sorted but I still want the Virutal Console on Wii U (got a load of games on the Wii menu but I much rather use the pro controller for them). Also would like to see proper in-game chat and release dates for the big titles (read: Zelda)
Robichoico's avatar
You mean the Gamecube games or your Wii Virtual Console? And considering Nintendo have shown nothing of Zelda why would we get a release date? I'm guessing 2015 at the earliest for that.
Robichoico 4 years ago
Screw Zelda and Metroid, we know they are coming without an announcement, I want confirmation of a new F-Zero and Starfox.
Robichoico's avatar
I want a new Mother game. Or at least bring Earthbound and Mother 3 to the e-shop. Nah. Never will happen. But actually I'm not a huge fan of F-Zero or Starfox. I'd like to see new ones from them but they aren't high on my wishlist. Advance/Battallion Wars are way overdue a new game imo. On either console (imagine grid like Advance Wars on the Gamepad while the TV shows the attacking.) Odama, Elite Beat Agents/Ouendan and Chibi-Robo would love to see too but they're pretty much dead now.
Robichoico 4 years ago
Solidus 5nake's avatar
Solidus 5nake 4 years ago
At least its not a 5gb update lol
Wey1's avatar
Wey1 4 years ago
glad to see it won't take long for 3ds. improving system stability is always welcome.