Nintendo dates key Wii U and 3DS titles

Wii U title Pikmin 3 will be released in quarter 2 of 2013.

Nintendo Europe boss Satoru Shibata revealed the release date yesterday during its Nintendo Direct broadcast.

In addition, it was also confirmed that Sing Party will be released on January 18, while Scribblenauts Unlimited was dated for February 8 and LEGO City Undercover for early 2013.

3DS also got in on the act with a March 8 release of Dr Kawashima's Devilish Brain Training: Can You Stay Focused, while Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate, Harmo Knight, and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for both 3DS and Wii U also get a release in the same month.

Finally, 3DS Animal Crossing arrives in Q2, while Fire Emblem: Awakening arrives in April.

Edited On 06 Dec, 2012

Comments
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Also Ninja Gaiden for January. At first I was disappointed with the nintendo direct. But then realised with the exception of Sing Party and Brain Training I actually wanted pretty much all of these releases XD
Solidus 5nake's avatar
Solidus 5nake 4 years ago
I loved the original Luigi's Mansion on the good old Gamecube and I like many, have been waiting patiently for Luigi's Mansion 2 on the 3DS, please don't suffer anymore delays.
Greigyboii's avatar
Greigyboii 4 years ago
Really excited about Luigi's Mansion! The first one for the GC was one of my favourites! I hope they maintain the length of the first one though, got hours out of it!
Robichoico's avatar
Funny because people complained about how short it was. I actually went through it again earlier this year and my first playthrough lasted longer than Uncharted 1's did XD
Robichoico 4 years ago
Greigyboii's avatar
I dunno, it took me a while of casual gaming! Including some of the unlock parts at the end! High hopes for this one :P
Greigyboii 4 years ago
Fawkey's avatar
Fawkey 4 years ago
My lad is really excited for Lego City Undercover, was disappointed when it wasn't due for launch! On the plus side should be out for his Birthday in April.
Maybe, maybe not, early 2013 could mean anything up to the end of June.
Still no firm date for Lego City Undercover :(
At least we got a month for Luigi's Mansion 2 though, looking forward to that.
TBH I jumped for joy when Fire Emblem got a April release date. As soon as Shopto have it for pre-order guess what I'm doing (That's right making a sandwich but after that I'm totally pre-ordering it)
Robichoico's avatar
I'd have preferred that we got it in January or February like America is getting. We had the game announced about half a year prior to them and ONCE AGAIN are waiting longer than they are for a 1st Party game. I don't mind waiting longer for Nintendo's games but if they can get it out in America and we are waiting 2-3 months it's just getting silly. Used to be a few days, or a week or two. And they're never translated properly. Minor niggles but if they're delaying it they can at least translate from American to English.
Robichoico 4 years ago
I think the main reason is Europe has multiple languages so it will take then longer to translate it. Anyway it is not like we will be in short supply of games during the wait
shiny miller's avatar
shiny miller 4 years ago
I wasn't initially too excited by that list - but actually Castlevania should be good and I've never played Monster Hunter so the 'ultimate' version would be an appropriate version to buy if available. Also Luigi's Mansion and Fire Emblem will at the very least be fun, well made games.
Wey1's avatar
Wey1 4 years ago
looking forward to luigi's mansion and castlevania on the 3ds. :) i actually forgot about them. :(