Dark Souls 2 announced for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360

Dark Souls 2 was last night announced at the Spike VGA awards, although it seems like Nintendo's missing out - it's not coming to Wii U.

The game will include a brand new protagonist and an all new storyline. The multiplayer has also been revamped with a Dark Souls twist.

"This new chapter in the Dark Souls saga presents opportunities for us to drive innovation in gameplay design, develop an entirely new story, and expand the scope of the world in which the player interacts with the game. We have taken these necessary steps with Dark Souls II in order to evolve the overall experience of the Dark Souls series," says Tomohiro Shibuya, FromSoftware Director on Dark Souls II.

"The entire development team is striving to make Dark Souls II an experience that is fresh while not forsaking its roots in presenting players with challenging gameplay. Our goal is to surprise and delight our fans with new experiences and plot twists while enticing new players to join our dark journey."

Dark Souls 2 will be released on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.

Edited On 08 Dec, 2012

Comments
Ash Buchanan's avatar
Ash Buchanan 4 years ago
Choked on my cornflakes on that one and it wasnt over Jessica Aba. Its gonna be a long wait for Dark Souls II, enough time for replaying the Demons and Dark games again I think.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
I'm one of the few people who didn't like the other ones. Not because they were bad. It was because I spent a whole afternoon on a single area, getting killed over and over before realising that I was just wasting my time playing the game.
Ash Buchanan's avatar
Wait until you play ZombiU then, more of the same, but harder. Doesnt make it easy to review
Ash Buchanan 4 years ago
No way, Zombi U isn't as bad as Dark Souls for killing you.
Robichoico's avatar
I got Zombiu lol. Its a lot of fun. bUt I play that in bouts. Usually till I've lost a survivor
Robichoico 4 years ago
Not interested, Dark Souls was just too frustrating for me.
Ash Buchanan's avatar
Crikey, must be the way I am playing, have died so many times on ZombiU and not even at the Palace yet.
Ash Buchanan 4 years ago
You've not come far at all, I got to the palace after killing about 15 survivors, now I'm up in the 30's and having problems at Tower Bridge.

Do enjoy the party at Brick Lane when you get there, I thought it was hilarious.
Shoozle's avatar
Shoozle 4 years ago
I woke up my family with the bizarre sounds I made when the teaser said Dark Souls 2. It definitely does seam like a direct sequel this time compared to Demon's to Dark based on the dragon in the video being Kalameet. I am guessing a prequel set during the Age of Ancients and you perhaps play as Gwyn but articles are saying it's a brand new world. Though the bridge in the trailer was clearly the same as the one in the Painted World. Anyway, I am psyched and will definitely pre-order it. From will not disappoint me, even if the director has changed.
Solidus 5nake's avatar
Solidus 5nake 4 years ago
Prepare to die! ALOT!
Pete992's avatar
Pete992 4 years ago
Don't know whether to laugh or cry at this news. I think dark souls was in a class above most games as your not spoon fed what to do, however i believe it is the cause of many broken controllers. The trailers great, good start to the morning, what could be better than jessica alba and news of dark souls 2 in the morning? Perfect hangover cure :)
Baiken_'s avatar
Baiken_ 4 years ago
Can't wait for this i loved Dark Souls even though i died alot. I may as well go back and play Demon Souls while waiting for this release seeming as i missed it.
This is Amazing news I cant wait to see the new armour sets & weapons plus the move-sets that come with said weapons. Also it might be me but I found Dark Souls easy even when I started off. True I died a lot but it taught me to be more careful & if you keep on top of your weapon and armour upgrades then I don't see why people should have that much of a problem. Feel free to reply
Konakona's avatar
Hello Saiyan. It's been a while. I was very happy when I heard this news! Veteran of Demons/Dark Souls. With over 30 completions under my belt, I'm very happy to hear that another challenge will arrive in the form of DkS 2! And I agree. Once you get past the initial difficulty spike and cheap deaths sections (yes I'm looking at you, Anor Londo archers!) The game gets much easier. Very very good news! I only hope it arrives within the next 12 months.
Konakona 4 years ago
I don't know what was the big uproar about the DragonSlayer Archers I got past them first time. (Me and my Parrying Dagger) To me the hardest part was Sen's Fortress or as I know know it Sen's Funhouse. Oh & the Crystal Cave was a bugger to get past at first but now I know the path is mostly straight.
Konakona's avatar
Took me ages to get past them. You cant block or you get knocked off, they have high poise so you cant stunlock or kick them off. plus theres two of them. Once you get the hang of it it's easy. And ikr. Crystal caves sucked! Also I found sens easy(ish) :P.
Konakona 4 years ago
GentleTech's avatar
GentleTech 4 years ago
can't wait
tomas 4 years ago
I rage quite abit at call of duty, i was borderline heart attack with Dark Souls though lol, will probably end up getting this, will see how my chest is doing at release date time though!!
Wey1's avatar
Wey1 4 years ago
splendid news. really difficult, but really rewarding.