Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time arrives next March

PlayStation 3 and PS Vita title, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time will be released in the UK next March.?It'll also arrive in the US in February, meaning that Europe will have to wait one month more.

Anyone buying the game on PS3 will get the Vita version for free, which will certainly be worth it since the game supports cross-play and also allows you to use the Vita for some fantastic looking AR functionality to find extra treasures when using both PS3 and Vita together.

Cross-save support is also included, so it looks like Sony is really making use of the Vita/PS3 cross functionality for this title.

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time will be released on March 27. Look out for our review closer to the time.

Edited On 14 Dec, 2012

Comments
rjc's avatar
rjc 4 years ago
Splendid news. Will look forward to more creeping with Sly. :)
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
I don't understand the point of releasing games on the Vita like this. Better off buying the PS3 version, using the code for the Vita version and then selling the PS3 version, getting most of the price of the Vita version back.
Warioman3000's avatar
Because some people may like to play their Vita titles on the big screen as well? It adds functionality to games? Which arguably adds value. If I know i'm gonna want to play something on the TV as well as the Vita, i'll happily pay the extra few pounds. I wouldn't knock the charity of Sony, I remember saving up to shell out £100 for a Gamecube game and the compatible Gameboy Advance game, just to get functionality equal to that of a second screen. If publishers want to give free downloadable versions of their titles to those loyal enough to own both systems it's certainly a good thing. It's inspired me to play games I wouldn't have originally (for added functionality/value) and use both the Vita and Ps3 in ways that I wouldn't have before!
Warioman3000 4 years ago
Robichoico's avatar
You missed my entire point. I meant if they're doing it so you get the Vita game with the PS3 one. What is the point in buying the Vita game seperately? Surely it's more cost efficient to buy the PS3 version, which gives you the Vita game. If you don't want the PS3 version then just sell it back which on launch should give you at least £20 back. The only way I can see anyone being stupid enough to buy the PSV title alone is either A.) It's priced A LOT cheaper than the PS3 version (doubt it.) or B.) They don't have internet. Which really begs the question as to why they own a Vita in the first place. To me it just feels like all of these cross-play titles are a way of Sony trying to show that the Vita is still getting games coming out for it. Else it could start and disappear from shelves.
Robichoico 4 years ago
Jimbo_1's avatar
I agree Rob.
Jimbo_1 4 years ago
PrometheusFan's avatar
The seperate Vita version is for Vita owners who don't also own a PS3, as the Vita version included with the PS3 version requires you to register the game disc to your account on the PS3 and it automatically directs you to the store to download the Vita version. Also, the Vita game card version costs about a tenner less than the PS3 disc version, and saves on memory card space, which already comes at a premium on Vita as it is.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago