Happy New Year: Dead Space 3 demo hits this month

We aren't officially back until tomorrow, however we thought we'd bring you one bit of news just to give us an excuse to say Happy New Year.

So what's the news? Well, EA has announced that it'll release a downloadable demo for Dead Space 3 on Xbox Live Marketplace and the PlayStation Network starting on January 22.

In addition, if you are an Xbox 360 owner and you sign up on the official Dead Space website then you'll be able to access the demo one week early.

Dead Space 3 is due to release on February 5 in North America and February 8, 2013 in Europe.

Oh and Happy New Year.

Edited On 02 Jan, 2013

Comments
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Happy new year Joe and everybody else. Thanks for the heads up ill sign onto the site now :) any idea if the demo is in co-op? Glad to have the news section back, everything in gaming has gone a bit too quiet.
0000000000's avatar
its killed me not having the news section on :( damn them for having lives outside of work lol
0000000000 4 years ago
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Happy new year everyone! Hope its a goodun. This reminded me that I still have Dead Space 2 'limited' edition sealed on my shelf...probably should go on it.
Welshy's avatar
Yes you should sir! Fantastic game and a must play if you liked the first one or like survival horror in general. On Topic: Thanks for the heads up Joe and ShopTo, can't wait to try it and HOPEFULLY they haven't screwed it up =/
Welshy 4 years ago
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
Happy new year Joe hope you had a great christmas too! On the subject of Dead Space this is in my top 3 current IPs (along with God of War and Tomb Raider... Although Resident Evil was up there at some point too). I can't wait for this but I am concerned I don't really like Co-op play as it takes from the scares and I'm worried this is DS just going action orientated like RE. Robochico I have the LE of DS2 too. Play it, in my top 3 games of this generation, and Chapter 2 contains my favourite gaming moment Ever!
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
im half way through number 1 and have 2 ready thanks to my old man lending them me lol.. so after finally playing the series i really enjoying it but i scare easy so im on edge constantly lol... happy new year all hope u all had fun and got everything u wanted
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
Haha wuss! Only joking KiKi it freaked me out as well, especially that bleeding regenerator (spoiler for number 2, it gets even worse!)
0000000000's avatar
i cant deny i scare really easy.. now im scared more for number 2... cheers lmao
0000000000 4 years ago
Pete992's avatar
Pete992 4 years ago
Love the first 2, I just hope the co-op part of the game doesn't make it more like resident evil 5 action style and more like the original 2 dead space games, Inching around corners with your weapon drawn, wasting numerous rounds at a Necromorph centre mass instead of the limbs etc when its racing towards you and then that relief that your still standing ready to face another that might jump out of a vent behind you! Love it!!!