Crysis 3 not coming to Wii U due to lack of "business drive"

Crysis 3 won't be released on Wii U because EA sees no need for it to publish the title on Nintendo's console.

"It's a business decision between EA and Nintendo,"?Crytek boss Cevat Yerli told Digital Spy,?"I'd love to see it on Wii U, but what I love to see and what gets done at the end of the day are two different things.

"If that business decision doesn't make sense, or seems to not make sense for them, it's... not possible for us to make it. We can't publish ourselves, and that's the bottom line."

EA did release FIFA and Mass Effect 3 on Wii U, however it's big titles for this year including Dead Space 3 and of course Crysis 3 seem to be giving the console a miss.

Edited On 07 Jan, 2013

Comments
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
And this is the problem. EA put out some ports of old games, nobody buys them because A: They already got it and B: It's overpriced. EA then complain that they are not being supported and drop support. Despite the fact that if they were competent enough to do proper releases around the same time as the other consoles people would buy them.
PrometheusFan's avatar
Given that no one is buying the games that DID come out around the same time as other versions on Wii U (eg. Black Ops 2, Assassin's Creed 3, etc), your theory may not be correct.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Robichoico's avatar
Assassin's Creed was released over a month later and COD makes sense considering it's a multiplayer game. If I were to buy it I'd buy it on a console where I can play with my friends online. Not one I cannot. And again that was released a few weeks later where most people who bought it already got.
Robichoico 4 years ago
Meh, Crysis 2 whilst technically brilliant was one of the most tedious games I've ever played, I wouldn't buy 3 on any console.
Tedious and boring?? what are you talking about? Run, cloak, shoot, run cloak, sh..... Ohh yeah i get you know Tedious and Boring? Sounds right up Nintendo's street :P
Scott 4 years ago
PrometheusFan's avatar
A lot more tedious than holding down right and the run button and occasionally pressing jump and nothing else no doubt.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
By far the easiest game to complete on the hardest difficulty. The cloak system was terrible. graphics were beautiful though.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
& so it begins
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Wow, considering Crysis 2 was even in development for Wii U at one point and Crytek were actually talking the console up a lot not so long ago, seeing them drop support for it so quick is another clear sign third party support is already evaporating for the Wii U.
Pete992's avatar
Pete992 4 years ago
For me Crysis series died when they bought it over to console versions, the frist one and warhead were great games, a benchmark game for pc gamers to see just how good there pc's were. Again EA went for making money and not producing a good enough follow on. Crysis 3 will be in the bargin bin within 3 months of coming out.
Rachael 4 years ago
I think graphically Crysis 3 looks beautiful, will be interesting to see how the gameplay turns out though. i too enjoyed the original Crysis on the Pc much much more, the one that came out on the xbox was ok but nothing great. will possibly give this one a try when it comes out. For it not being on the Wii u i don;t see this as a problem ,most people would be buying this for the Xbox or Playstation 3 anyway
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 4 years ago
I thought crysis 2 was just boring and was a real effort for me to even bring myself to complete it. I did enjoy the multiplayer but i won't be buying this.
Not just me then, thought as much.