God of War: Ascension developer diary shows making of game; new controller announced

Sony has released a new making of video for God of War: Ascension.

The video talks about the multiplayer aspects of God of War and how difficult it was for the team to change from a highly polished single player experience to a game with network features. During the video you see plenty of multiplayer combat, albeit from a very early in-development version.

In addition to the video below, Sony has also announced a new Dualshock 3 controller which will arrive alongside the game. As you can see from the image above, the controller will be decked out 'Kratos' style, which will no doubt please fans.

Edited On 09 Jan, 2013

Comments
Solidus 5nake's avatar
Solidus 5nake 4 years ago
I neeeeeeeed this controller!
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
that controller does look quite sexy 1 game i miss out on because im a 360 guy!
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 4 years ago
That is a nice controller but i think ill pass, for some reason i find the xbox ones they bring out alot more appealing.But saying that you never know with me. :)
Aminu 4 years ago
God, all this merchandise and multiplayer showings, from a game that is known to be all about single player. Makes you wonder if they are rushing story since they are more concerned about their multiplayer. Maybe people are right, perhaps they are just cashing in on the franchise :(
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
The multiplayer looks good, and they aren't pretending that they aren't having a lot of focus on the multiplayer aspect. But they know how to tell a story and I can guarantee the single player won't be watered down so much. I like the controller, I'd actually purchase it but I can guarantee it's going to cost more than the standard one so I don't see it getting near my basket.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Controller looks nice. But not worth it unless it's in a £40-£50 bundle including the game.
knockton's avatar
knockton 4 years ago
I have been playing the mutiplayer this game is amazing the online is up there with halo and uncharted for me it has it's own fell about it and in all it's just FUN
opt1mus76's avatar
opt1mus76 4 years ago
Would have been so much nicer if the design had followed through into bottom of shell too. Looks like after-market custom job with design only on top half and colour not blending in. Won't go out of my way to buy it but If it comes in the GoW Ascension:Collectors Edition I'll be happy to have it
Brett 4 years ago
not gonna lie that just looks like a white controller the youve covered in blood from all the rapid tapping you do on god of war games ;)