Retro City Rampage release date confirmed

Retro City Rampage has took its time to be released on the European PS Store, but at long last we now have a release date.

The date? January 16.

In addition to the above, developer, has confirmed that the game will be Cross Buy compatible at launch, meaning that if you buy the PS3 version then you'll snap up the Vita version for free. Cross Save compatibility will also be included.

"I greatly appreciate everyone's patience," said creator Brian Provinciano in the press release, "Your wait was not without merit and you'll be enjoying the best possible game from day one. It boasts an additional month of development, polish and improvements since the original North American release, which has dominated the charts; sitting at number 1 on PS Vita downloads since it was released."

At launch the game will cost around 11.99 GBP (not confirmed but based on US price of 14.99 dollars).

Edited On 09 Jan, 2013

Comments
That's a bit pricey considering the Xbox version was 800 MS points, £6.80 in real money. I guess you are paying for the cross buy/play whether you use it or not.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Lame. No discount to make up for the unwarranted delay? I'll be thinking twice about this if it's anything over a tenner.
Jimbo_1's avatar
Jimbo_1 4 years ago
the 360 version was suppose to be 1200 points but was changed at the last minute. But not a chance I will buy art that price!
lukas83's avatar
lukas83 4 years ago
Ohh man! I've been waiting for this through all the delays & really looking forward to picking it up for the Vita. Well done & the £12 pricing, you've now completely 100% reversed my decision. Not a hope in hell I'm paying that price for a game like this.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
I thought this was out. I also thought it was free on PSN (or if it isn't it is on the American one.) I'll wait till Sony stop screwing us guys over and put it up with Jet Set Radio and Final Fantasy Tactics on that
Datastatic's avatar
Datastatic 4 years ago
I downloaded this from the US store and it was $10 which equates to about £6.50 which is about what its worth.