PlayStation Store patched, loading times improved

Sony has released a new PlayStation Store patch which is said to improve the speed of load times and reduce stability issues.

El33tonline reports that the patch weighs in at 26MB and addresses many of the issues people have complained about, including making the store "appreciably snappier."

You can also browse the store online thanks to Sony's new online store which launched a few months back. This allows you to buy items via the internet and then download them at your convenience.

Edited On 14 Jan, 2013

Comments
Brett 4 years ago
finnally still running a bit laggy when you try to glide through too fast or maybe thats just my internet :p
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 4 years ago
I suppose thats good still not really liking the new layout though.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Unless it's patched to bring back the search bar from the old store I don't really care.
yoda soldier's avatar
I agree with this totally.
yoda soldier 4 years ago
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
not had much luck with my playstation of late, it does not seem to communicate with the internet very fast all other devices are fine and its hardwired a 1GB download took 8 hours... so i have given up playing games on it now apart from PS3 exclusives
PrometheusFan's avatar
That doesn't sound right at all. I know download speeds can be erratic, but I've been having to redownload all my games lately after replacing my PS3 HDD, and I managed to load up the complete Infamous bundle (Totalling 26 GBs across all the games) in the space of around 5-6 hours.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Robichoico's avatar
Mine's the same. Took about 6 or 7 hours to download Guardians of Middle Earth. Even worse was when it constantly paused whenever you put a blu-ray or DVD in to watch (and was set to background download)
Robichoico 4 years ago
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 4 years ago
Good to see they're fixing it, even though the loading times werent crippling before, but faster is always better... when it comes to loading screens.
tbh I haven't really had any problems with the PSN store but I guess i'm in the minority
Shuy's avatar
Shuy 4 years ago
I don't know why Sony changed the PSN store design a while back, It was good!
PrometheusFan's avatar
My guess is because the new design makes it easier to put advertisements everywhere (The store has been plastered with ads for that garbage looking Gangster film lately) and because they put in additional security measures, seeing as how the store makes you jump through a lot more hoops to download anything now compared to the old one.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
The Xbox has the same problem, There are adverts for various games (which i don't mind so much) but then Lovefilm adverts plastered everywhere. Sometime makes it jumpy but it's more annoying when u have your'e volume on loud and accidently hover over that blade, makes me almost crap myself every time.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
I like the new PSStore much better, even though all I've been using it is for PS+ content and reedeming codes. But faster is always better.
shiny miller's avatar
shiny miller 4 years ago
Looking forward to downloading this later, the PS store is annoyingly slow and unresponsive (I only got my PS3 at Xmas so it's not that). Made me realise the Xbox marketplace wasn't as poorly implemented as I thought!
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
Can't say I've had any problems with the new store. I wish they'd change the layout though. Is it possible to change the language used in the store?
Datastatic's avatar
Datastatic 4 years ago
I find it much easier to go to the store on my mac, buy ting and then go download it from my queue.
no47's avatar
no47 4 years ago
Thx for the heads up Shopto, i'm finding it much faster now.
Skiba's avatar
Skiba 4 years ago
a lot faster now I prefer this store.
Masterchocobill's avatar
Masterchocobill 4 years ago
It's not been slow for me, a little bit laggy now and again but any speed/stability improvement is welcome.