The Cave dated by Ron Gilbert

Monkey Island creator Ron Gilbert has announced that his new downloadable game, The Cave, will launch across PlayStation Network on January 22 and the Wii U eShop on January 22.

The game will be available for 1800 MS points (12.99 GBP) on PS3 via PSN, Xbox LIVE, PC and Mac. The release date for the Wii U version will be announced soon.

One of the most exciting elements of The Cave is its unique local four-player co-op element, although we'd imagine the humour will help it stand out too.

Check out a new video of the game below.

Edited On 15 Jan, 2013

Comments
Been interested in this and it's come around a bit sooner than I expected, will check out the trial version on the 360 and if it's any good I'll buy the Wii U version.
I'll might pick this up for PC during the steam Easter sale
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Confused. Says The Cave will launch across PSN on January 22 and the Wii U eshop on January 22 Then says release date for Wii U version will be announced soon? It does look nice. But it needs to be priced correctly. £12.99 seems a little steep for me. Maybe £7.99? Of course it's releasing at a time when Ni No Kuni, Scribblenauts and Ken's Rage 2 are also doing so...
no47's avatar
I agree £12.99 seems alittle expensive. A definite buy, but i'll wait for a sale price of around £8 - £10.00.
no47 4 years ago
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 4 years ago
1800M$P, holy crap, no thank you. I know the walking dead games opened up a hole in the market with their success and I fully expected it to be exploited but that's just taking the Micheal.
Rachael 4 years ago
So now they are going to try to charge 1800 MSP for arcade games. Stupid money for arcade content. You have to spend £17.50 to get 2100, its becoming a joke. If other arcade developers start following this trend then i will stop buying the arcade games, which is a shame because some of them can be great fun.
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
i was so excited for this 1! couldnt wait for the release but the price has just put me of.. will wait for it to go on offer for probs 1200 points which aint much better but its a lot better than 1800! i got walking dead in the sale for 800 points but at least walking dead is worth its full price tag (what a game)
T0N10's avatar
T0N10 4 years ago
Definitely one to pick up and play with my GF! Price is a bit steep but the 800 free points from the NOW TV promo should lessen the blow - thanks Sky! :)
T0N10's avatar