Splinter Cell: Blacklist delayed until August

Ubisoft have just announced that Splinter Cell: Blacklist has been delayed later in the year, missing it's previous Spring 2013 window and hitting August 20th.

Ubisoft also announced a selection of Pre-Order Bonuses for the upcoming stealth game, but it is unsure if any of these will be making it to the UK and EU regions.

A brand new trailer showcasing some new features and gameplay was released alongside the release date information.?

Exclusive Pre Order Content

The Dead Coast Co-Op Map
Exclusive Cooperative multiplayer map.

Upper Echelon Suit:
Better Protection and gunfire and blends into the shadows.

Gold Sonar Goggles
Tactical imaging leaves enemies nowhere to hide.

Splinter Cell: Blacklist is being released on Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and PC. Still no word on a rumored released on Nintendo's latest console, Wii U.?

Edited On 16 Jan, 2013

Comments
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Suppose it's better for them to delay it than to release a half finished game. good move, I think GTA 5 is out this spring anyway so i will have that to keep me occupied until this comes out.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Shame, But I can see why. Extra time for polish is something almost every Ubi game needed last year. So if they can release a game without the need for a massive day one patch, all good with me. Also, it seems like a smart idea for Ubi to aim for the suiet summer months to boost sales rather than compete with GTA, Crysis, et al
Brett 4 years ago
clearly they would rather have a quality game then the shovel ware that has come out lately cant wait the e3 trailer looked great
no47's avatar
no47 4 years ago
At least it gaves me more time to save up for it and finish off some other games from the unplayed pile lol.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
I thought this was announced for Wii U months ago? Some sites even had it up for pre-order. It's not something I'd be interested in so aint really kept up to speed on it.
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
August is good...for me anyway. There's so much coming out in the first quarter of the year
LFC Bywater's avatar
But the second half of the year is always crammed aswell :P
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
bunny_1's avatar
bunny_1 4 years ago
same here HappyNoodleBoy . .
Another sequel I'm not too bothered about after it's last outing, it does look like they might have learnt from the mistakes of the last one though.
LFC Bywater's avatar
I really enjoyed Double agent, but struggled to enjoy conviction. I gave up half way through which is something i don't usually do with games.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
I was the same with Conviction, just felt too much of a chore to play it, Double Agent was OK though, but I think the series peaked at Chaos Theory.
0000000000's avatar
this is going to be the best yet going to blow all other splinter cells out of the water.. im thinking it might be the last 1 as well
0000000000 4 years ago
ZdravkoN's avatar
From the trailers it doesn't look that it will be better than conviction. Conviction looked like a third person shooter. It didn't have the stealth element that we are all accustomed to. I really enjoyed the older entries in the series (Chaos Theory was the last that was great, Double Agent was ok). Don't forget, Conviction was delayed multiple times, and it wasn't that good at the end.
ZdravkoN 4 years ago
Rachael 4 years ago
Oooo :( Was really looking forward to playing this. reminds me more like the older splinter cell games like Chaos theory. I guess that i can wait tho, and that there is a good reason for the delay.
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
i think like everyone has said.. good choice and a good time to release.. im gutted to have to wait that long but better to be a brilliant finished product that 1 full of problems :D still cant wait
James26's avatar
James26 4 years ago
If a delay means a more complete solid game, then by all means, take as much time as you need! Here's hoping that this is return to the Splinter Cell of old!
James26's avatar
James26 4 years ago
drkmn302's avatar
drkmn302 4 years ago
Delaying a game is usually down to the marketplace, more then anything, with the amount of AAA titles being released at the beginning of the year it would have to contend with them. You'll prob find that the game is finished, and it all they doing is refining little details within the game.. I thnk they doing the right thing and waiting to see if the market changes and also where they stand on the next gen console...we'll see