Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13 gets extended trailer

Square Enix has released a new extended trailer for Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13.

Quite a few previews went live for the game yesterday, revealing that it will be released this autumn. Impressions so far seem fairly positive, which is always a good sign, however there is still quite some time before release, so lets hope Square uses this wisely.

Check out the video below.

Edited On 18 Jan, 2013

Comments
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
god i have loved final fantasy since 6 came out but 7(best 1) 8 and 9 were the top games of the series and dont get me wrong 10 set the standard for ps2 and was great then 13 came out on the 360 which was good... but i think they are over playing the 13 series.. remake 7 8 or 9 or all 3 of those :D ill still get it though as i own every single 1 of them
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Is the boss of the game a mask? Because looking through this video I REALLY feel like I played this game about 12 years ago on the N64. I'll likely pick this up when it goes cheaper as the other two just weren't that good. Although they were a decent length I suppose. And the ending just annoyed me so very much. But still. Lightning is way more interesting than her Sister or that other annoying guy I don't remember the name of.
Yes it did make me think of Majora's Mask as well. I think you mean Noel
Or Snow
James26's avatar
James26 4 years ago
I call for HD remakes for FF 7 through 10. I'd be all over that like a tramp on a sandwich!
Robichoico's avatar
10 is getting a HD re-release. I don't see any reason to simply HD up 7 to 9. They look pretty damn ugly nowadays. I would like to see them clean them up and port them to the 3DS/Vita however. HD should go to X-2 (I liked it!) XII, Dragon Quest VIII ports instead. Or scrap it all and get us a new Nier.
Robichoico 4 years ago
0000000000's avatar
exactly the same as me with my comment above.. best 4 games of the series
0000000000 4 years ago
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
god damn is anyone going to buy this garbage? i thought 13 was ok 13-2 was standard if this one goes down to will they finally give up on this crap
0000000000's avatar
ill get is as i own all the other games in the series... FF geek lol
0000000000 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
What i found enjoyable about the Final fantasy games is actually getting new people into you're party, new summons, new moves etc. That's what i didn't like about 13-2 and by the looks of it this one.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
I love FF but couldn't get in to FF XIII at the time. I didn't like the battle system. But this one looks more like Kingdom Hearts battle system which'll just be awesome. In order of my favourite FFs, 6 smashes everything. Best boss in a video game...
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Ff 13 was average. Ff 13-2 disgusted me. I literally got bout 2 hours in then gave up. The 13's have nothing on 7,8,9. Like people are saying above they should just do some remakes, or atleast return to the old style battle combat.
I liked FF 13 sure it didn't hold a candle to FF 12 which I loved but It was a good game in its own right. I have still yet to play FF 13-2, I got the collectors edition when I bought my PS3 I think in march last year but I still haven't opened it.
Shuy's avatar
Shuy 4 years ago
This looks good but FFXIII-2 was disappointing...
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Utterly hideous character designs. Seriously, even judged by the standards of other Final Fantasy titles the costumes look ridiculous.
Shuy's avatar
Something of it reminds you of Assassin's Creed :D
Shuy 4 years ago
Kevin can you tell me what kind of games you like
PrometheusFan's avatar
I'm pretty open to most game types really. I actually do like Final Fantasy titles, but pretty much every title released with that name in the past 5 or so years has been hot garbage and to be quite honest I am absolutely sick of the sight of Lightning by this point.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
I like agree with Lightning I just don't see why everyone likes her. She was a major bitch for most of FF 13 but I loved FF 12 so i don't agree with you on that (mind you it will be 6 years since the EU got 12 on February 26th so it don't really count)
PrometheusFan's avatar
I have a high opinion of FFXII. Probably the last good FF game to come out.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Masterchocobill's avatar
Masterchocobill 4 years ago
Fills the gap for me just fine while I'm waiting for FFX hd remake and Versus XIII.
I'm I the only one who doesn't really like Lightning
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
For a main character to get a spin off, they've certainly chosen the wrong one.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago