PlayStation Network maintenance extended

The PSN maintenance, which was scheduled to be completed by this morning, has been extended until around?18:30 GMT tonight.

The maintenance means that you won't be able to access services such as the PlayStation Store, Account?Management?and Online Gaming (although some can still access this if signed in before maintenance began) until later tonight.

There has been no reason given for this long period of maintenance.?

Edited On 18 Jan, 2013

Comments
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Doesn't bother me. Won't have got home from work and have had dinner by then. Will watch Supernatural until then methinks.
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Not great that they haven't given a reason for it but it isn't too bad, mist people will be at work or school until 4is 5ish anyway
PrometheusFan's avatar
Indeed. Sucks to be unemployed today if anything in this context...
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Shuy's avatar
Shuy 4 years ago
I own the PS3 but I hate Sony
LFC Bywater's avatar
I own an Xbox but i don't hate Sony. They bought me my PS1 which allowed me to play awesome games like the final fantasy series and resident evil's. If we didn't have sony we probably wouldn't have Xbox either, as the PS1 helped push gaming quite alot.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Artemisthemp's avatar
Just like Apple's iPhone pushed Smartphone. No iPhone = Most likely no Android or WP
Artemisthemp 4 years ago
Shuy's avatar
Well, Microsoft will be the killer of Sony, I guarantee you.
Shuy 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
I hope not, I'm all for Microsoft and all that but i'd rather they both co-existed and pushed each other. If Sony wasn't about then Xbox could just push out sub standard games with no competition.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
PrometheusFan's avatar
Been hearing that one for years Karl, but seeing as the PS3 has recently overtaken the 360 in worldwide sales even after the 360 had a year's head start and was outselling the PS3 for years after it came out, I can't see it happening.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Its shocking that I do but I agree with Kevin. Microsft won't be the death of Sony. (Nintendo will lol) Sony have their hands in too many pies to die
Carl-G's avatar
Microsoft will kill themselves in time :D
Carl-G 4 years ago
ajax81's avatar
ajax81 4 years ago
I got a PS Vita yesterday. Haven't been able to play any games on it yet as I can't get on the store to download the one supplied with console, and the free games I have from PSplus on my PS3 I can't copy to my PSVita.... Excellent. Just picked the wrong day to get it!
Artemisthemp's avatar
Because your Vita have yet to be register to your PSN account?
Artemisthemp 4 years ago
ajax81's avatar
ajax81 4 years ago
Masterchocobill's avatar
Masterchocobill 4 years ago
That's fine, plenty of other systems to use in the meantime :)
I thought they had renamed it the Sony Entertainment Network now?
Artemisthemp's avatar
It's because of PS Vita and Mobile + Video store in UK and US store
Artemisthemp 4 years ago
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
Will play some single player Black Ops I think
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
Damn it! I'm itching to get on DC Universe: Online.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
I never played that HappyNoodleBoy. Is it any good? I know it takes up something silly like 21gb
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
As a big fan of DC Comics Ilove it.I
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
EDIT - I can't really compare it to other MMO'S as this is the only one I've played. It's free to play on the PS3 and PC, but to unlock trophies you will have to pay a subscription. It's a total of 18gb or so now
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
Beazi's avatar
If its free to play I will give it a go. Not too worried about the trophies unless I get hooked. Is it a bird is it a plane... no its Spingo Glob Man
Beazi 4 years ago
no47's avatar
no47 4 years ago
No big deal for me as i wont be going online till 9pm onwards, but haven't we just recently had an update?
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 4 years ago
uh oh, sounds like they found an issue, or spilt coffee on the servers.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Hmmm... just signed into my account after I got home from work and was able to play a few rounds of Uncharted 3 online. Seems the maintenance is on the store and account functions only. Good to know.
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
I can't sign in :(
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
Silly Billy's avatar
Neither can he, he's just trolling again ;)
Silly Billy 4 years ago
PrometheusFan's avatar
Wtf? What possible reason would I have to say something like that if it wasn't true?
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Didnt even notice it was down hahaha. Shows how little I bother. And I already started downloading the PS+ games for this month on the Vita so....
dotty_84's avatar
dotty_84 4 years ago
Moronic considering they had 3 games released on Wednesday, that'll delay/hinder sales from the store.
troublemaker's avatar
Give them a little credit. The SEN went down Thursday evening, giving us 24 hours to download from the store update Wednesday. And they clearly didn't want it to be down this long, I guarantee every single Sony engineer is filing their pants right now!
troublemaker 4 years ago
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Their twitter account says it's going to be down until at least tomorrow morning! Seems like someone tripped over a few important cables on their rounds last night
Baiken_'s avatar
Baiken_ 4 years ago
Don't try PS Store it just crashed my PS3
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
How the devil are you managing to sign in?
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Wonder why people are still having problems? Hopefully it's not idiots trying to hack sony again.
troublemaker's avatar
Doubtful. The maintenance was scheduled. More likely something went arse over apex when they tried to switch it back on! Someone didn't do their QA properly
troublemaker 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
I've been on it all weekend, not noticed anything wrong at all, yet it still was saying it was down when I was logged in. Hmm...
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
I think the hacking issues have gone now. How the original hack was done, was by someone trying to hack at the traditional firewall which didnt work. So that individual managed to get to the application which runs the network (what me and use online) from a remote PC, then hacked at Level 7 Dos layer on the application. This allowed access to the network and therefore all what is on the PSN. I only know this due to studying it as I deal with IT Security breaches all day, and how to stop these people. Its scary, but very clever hack. As long as Sony has Application Security Management, then this wont happen again, which I'm sure they have done. To find out more about this sort of thing, go to google and type in Owasp, and theres loads of stuff on there which is very interesting; but also outlines how to stop yourself becoming a victim of an attack