Sony confirm single player demo for God of War Ascension

Sony Santa Monica has announced that there?ll be a brand new playable demo of God Of War: Ascension in February.

The single player only demo is new and exclusive to PlayStation Network, therefore if you already got hold of the Total Recall-exclusive demo then you'll be in for something new.

SCEA is describing the demo as "the big one." What that could mean we have no idea.

Edited On 21 Jan, 2013

Comments
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
For some reason I thought the game was supposed to be out in early feb XD I'll get the demo. The trainwreck that was the online beta is making me very reserved about buying the full game. Hopefully the single player will salvage it and at least make it into a rent or a buy when it's down to £10.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
Pleased I didnt have to buy an appalling movie to get the demo. Looking forward to this one Joe, any ideas when it'll be
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
Missed the bit where it says February... too early in the morning lol
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
i really want this to be good, i found the last couple to be a bit of a drag
Beazi's avatar
Blasphemy! LOL only joking, I thought they were really good, but GOW 3 was boss battle after boss battle. It could of been better, but it was still a great title.
Beazi 4 years ago
Robichoico's avatar
First one was great...second was a laugh for the...6 hours it took to finish it? After that it just felt like the series needed to be rested. 3 and the PSP games were just dire. I have little hope that this one will be anything more than 'Babies first button masher.' intended to ween the kiddies who like gore onto the likes of Bayonetta or Darksiders.
Robichoico 4 years ago
I have a feeling this may be the last in the series, the tacked on multiplayer is a sure sign they have run out of ideas on the single player front, and if the multiplayer doesn't go down well, as most tacked on multiplayers don't, then they may decide to call it a day.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
Second was what got me in to the series, I then done the rest and 3 was brilliant. You get locked in by the story. I'm hoping since they can afford to release 2 demos, that the single player is a long campaign. I can still see the single player being a quality game.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
thinkforgetfull's avatar
thinkforgetfull 4 years ago
Im not gonna get this. Im still gonna watch a playthrough or try it, I'm just not going to buy it.
rick75fowler's avatar
rick75fowler 4 years ago
i remember playing the first one on my hand held ps and it was a really good game and now i have brought a new ps3 i am looking forward to this i have the online beta which im installing now and to read there will be a single player demo is making me smile even more defo on my list of games to get
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
Thank god. The demo that came with a bluray copy of totalshit wasn't very good
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Game can't come out soon enough. It and Bioshock Infinite are probably going to be the big success stories of Q1 2013, and the industry needs that boost right now.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
GOW is my favourite series of all time. With the recent shambles of Resi Evil, its finally overtaken it. This is a must buy from me. I have all 5 titles on my PS3
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 4 years ago
Can't wait for the demo :)
J-D's avatar
J-D 4 years ago
not a fan of GOW but hey its good that other people get a demo to look forward to, i've got corpse party book of shadows to look forward to.
Deltadee's avatar
Deltadee 4 years ago
Might play this demo to give GOW a second chance havnt played it since the first one which i didn't like, isn't this an origin story anyway?
Steven 4 years ago
I can only hope the single player demo is decent as the dreadful multiplayer put me off buying the title!
Steven 4 years ago