Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon to include local multiplayer

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon is include a brand new local multiplayer mode according to a feature list on the game's website.

Interestingly enough Nintendo has yet to reveal anything about it, although IGN has teased a reveal within the next few days.

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon is out this March.

Edited On 21 Jan, 2013

Comments
thinkforgetfull's avatar
thinkforgetfull 4 years ago
I honestly cant see multiplayer working in this to be honest.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
An interesting idea. I'll wait until the reveal to make a judgement but it seems like Nintendo are jumping onto the "Everything must have multiplayer" bandwagon
PrometheusFan's avatar
Shame they aren't jumping on the "everything with multiplayer must have online functionality" bandwagon really :/
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Alan 4 years ago
If its a cut down version of the nintendoland mini game could be quite fun. Works for me.
Shuy's avatar
I have to agree with you there.
Shuy 4 years ago
Coolsambob's avatar
I was going to say the same thing, that worked well, can see why they'd throw that idea in for people who aren't able to shell out for a Wii U yet.
Coolsambob 4 years ago
FizzyDuck's avatar
FizzyDuck 4 years ago
I hope the multiplayer is co-operative as I can't see how a competitive version would work. Still really looking forward to this game though.
shiny miller's avatar
shiny miller 4 years ago
Thought it was inevitable this would have multiplayer. Whether it's 'proper' multiplayer or just the extra players being able to assist the main player is the issue now.
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 4 years ago
Interesting, but why local? The 3DS has WiFi capabilities so why not us them? I even read somewhere that Monster hunter will be local only, I just don't get it.
PrometheusFan's avatar
Well, Monster Hunter on 3DS is a cheap port of the Wii game that preceded, which probably explains why the online functionality was removed, and in Luigi's Mansion's case... well, that could be down to Nintendo's apparent inability to implement online multiplayer that's become so clear recently with the Wii U launch.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
iMerle iDixon's avatar
Why whats so bad about the Wii U? I'm planning on getting one in a couple of months, but if it's crap I won't bother.
iMerle iDixon 4 years ago
There's nothing bad about the Wii U, it's a nice piece of kit with some good games and more on the way. Kevin is just a Nintendo hating troll ;)
PrometheusFan's avatar
What's "bad" about the Wii U is that all Nintendo made games have NO online multiplayer options of any kind... despite the fact they all do actually have multiplayer modes in them. Considering all the third party games with multiplayer released on the Wii U have online options it makes it very hard to have any faith in Nintendo's ability to compete in the online space with next generation consoles less than a year away.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
iMerle iDixon's avatar
so there is nothing wrong with the Wii U itself, that's good to know.
iMerle iDixon 4 years ago
PrometheusFan's avatar
Wouldn't say "nothing" given the number of issues with it I've seen people complaining about on forums the past couple of months, but I don't have a Wii U so I can't say first hand. You might want to do some research on the matter for yourself though, as there seem to be enough reports of freezing/bricking consoles, badly running operating system issues and poorly designed profile system shortcomings to make it worth closer inspection at the very least. Up to you though.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Kevin all the Nintendo made games for the Wii U have no online multiplayer because Nintendo have always been about local multiplayer
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
I remember this was the first game I played on Gamecube back when it launched. Thought it was pretty awful. Thank Christ the GC also launched with Rogue Leader, which was great.
Well that sucks since no one i know will buy this game
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
At first I was like 'noooo!' but then remembered how much I enjoyed it's inclusion into Nintendoland. And it doesn't seem to be the focus of the game which is even better
amd500's avatar
amd500 4 years ago
Looking forward to this, hope the multiplayer is a worthwhile addition.
J-D's avatar
J-D 4 years ago
if its a better version of the one in nintendo land, then sold.
Deltadee's avatar
Deltadee 4 years ago
Only know one friend who has a 3DS wish they would make it online, as well as New super mario bros 2 ! I CANT PLAY WITH FRIENDS LOCAL IF I HAVE NO FRIENDS NINTENDO
Garrick 4 years ago
An online multiplayer would probably work better, but if I can convince my brother and a cousin of mine top get a 3DS when it's out I'm sure we'd have a blast.
And by "work better" I mean it would make more sense.
Garrick 4 years ago
fusearts's avatar
fusearts 4 years ago
I still need to complete the first game, although I'm pretty sure this will be very similar. Anyone think the multiplayer will just be like the mini game on Nintendo Land for Wii U?