Dragon Age 3 is "stunningly beautiful" says dev

As fans of the Dragon Age series we are pretty glad to here some positive words on the latest game's development, so you'll understand why we have a smile on our face when hearing that one of the developers has described it as "stunningly beautiful."

That's according to BioWare's Neil Thompson who credits that game's good looks to the Frostbite 2 engine and promises that once screens arrive people will not feel let down.

"Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age 2 were both done using BioWare's own Eclipse engine, and it was starting to creak a little bit when Dragon Age 2 came out. Inquisition is being done on the Frostbite 2 engine and it is an astonishingly powerful engine," Thompson told OXM.

"The Dragon Age artists were always slightly disappointed at how their work was visualised in the final product with Eclipse, but with Frostbite, they've just done some amazing stuff. There was a pre-production period where almost on a weekly basis I'd be sitting in the environment reviews and being blown away by what was coming out - it looks stunningly beautiful. So I think when we do start releasing screenshots, people won't be disappointed."

"We think we have something special for Dragon Age 3: Inquisition," concluded Thompson.

Sounds exciting, although we are still not sure which platforms that the game will eventually arrive on.

Edited On 22 Jan, 2013

Comments
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
massive fan of the series and i can not wait for this to come out.. companies need to hurry up and get there games on the shelf or announce they will be released in next gen also... or the new gen can play old gen games else people aint going to buy when i new console is so close from release.. just my opinion like
0000000000's avatar
im writing im so excited again because i really am excited for this 1 :D kinda hoping its a 720 game
0000000000 4 years ago
Artemisthemp's avatar
I actually think ppl still will be playing PS3/360 after PS4/720 have released, since new consol rarely launch with a lot of great titles
Artemisthemp 4 years ago
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
anything they do has to be better than the transition from origins to 2
Deltadee's avatar
yeh don't know what happened there, they are going to have to make 3 really good to win fans back!
Deltadee 4 years ago
Cathe's avatar
Cathe 4 years ago
I am really looking forward to this, I love the Dragon Age series. I have faith in BioWare for this game. A lot of the things people didn't like about #2 (reused areas, enemy waves, etc....) were addressed in the dlc - sure it didn't change the main game at all but it showed that BioWare were listening to feedback and I imagine they are doing the same for DA3. Anyway, can't wait until they start showing ingame stuff!
mrmakawber's avatar
mrmakawber 4 years ago
Origins pulled me into a fantastic universe, I lost weeks playing it. DA #2 left me cold and disappointed. I'll be buying DA #3 and crossing my fingers that the emphasis will be on gameplay, innovation, storyline, with an improved battle system to recapture the magic of Origins. Good graphics are a real plus, but they are not everything.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Dragon Age 3 is awesome says Dragon Age 3 developer.
Joe2120's avatar
Yeah I know, kind of regret posting this now, although saying that it has people talking. :D Personally I'm really looking forward to this game.
Joe2120 4 years ago
PrometheusFan's avatar
Don't get me wrong Joe, I wasn't complaining about this article, I'm just always amused when we get "even if I do say so myself" stories like this from devs :) We're all eager for some DA3 news, myself included as one of the five people who actually seemed to like the second game.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 4 years ago
Well they're not going to come out and say, well it looks like crap.
Joe2120's avatar
True hehe :D
Joe2120 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
I'm glad they've moved on from the Eclipse engine as it was looking dated at best. Hopefully this one'll look really good and drag me in.
Skiba's avatar
Skiba 4 years ago
huge fan of the Dragon Age games & yes I liked 2 :)
Skiba's avatar
Skiba 4 years ago
huge fan of the Dragon Age games & yes I liked 2 :)
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Enjoyed the first one, wasn't overly amazed by the 2nd but i will certainly give the 3rd a chance, hoping it's going to be an early release on the next Xbox.
Course he would say that, no Dev have ever said 'The game i'm working on looks like crap' (Maybe)
James26's avatar
James26 4 years ago
Hmmmm, this intrigues me. I've never played DA 1 or 2 (even after some badgering from a mate who raves about both). I'm a bit of a sucker for games that look fantastic, even if sometimes they don't have the best gameplay, but as other people have mentioned it's not like a developer of the game is going to come out and not say that it looks stunning etc. When I see gameplay footage then we'll see If he's telling porkies....
Bhamkeyx's avatar
Bhamkeyx 4 years ago
I hope the 3rd one is going to be much better than Dragon Age 2, which I felt like I playing a game which was rushed and quite boring, it seemed to me the developers of the second one were not really bothered nor motivated.
Gummy's avatar
Gummy 4 years ago
Of course they'd think their own game looks great. xD Wasn't their some fuss a while back because one of the devs wrote an absolutely glowing review for Dragon Age 2 on Metacritic? And we all know how that game turned out.