PS Vita is Japan's most desired console says poll

PS Vita is the most desired console to buy in 2013, according to a new poll carried out by popular mag Famitsu.

The questionnaire found that 64 per cent of respondents said they were looking to purchase a Vita in 2013, followed by 48 per cent for Nintendo's 3DS.

Given that the poll is carried out by a magazine purely for gamers, these results more that likely do not cover all demographics, however any news is good news for Sony's PS Vita at this time.

Here's the results

DSi / DSiXL - 5%
iPhone - 5%
iPod Touch - 4%
Other - 2%

Edited On 22 Jan, 2013

Comments
Huh? Translation error surely.....
lbs 2 years ago
haha that's what i think, no way is this real what is even coming out on the vita in 2013?
Darril 2 years ago
@Darril There is a lot of titles in JP at less
Artemisthemp 2 years ago
Most of them will have a 3DS, a PS3 and a Wii, so Vita will be the cheapest next in line for them.
DynamiteWhyte 2 years ago
Hopefully sales will pick up then, so that more developers will start supporting the system. I love my Vita and am hopeful more people can see it for the quality console it is.
amd500 2 years ago
I agree. I love my Vita too but this year doesn't look too promising as far as games are concerned
theatticusera 2 years ago
I still wish the PS3 was top of that list but good on the PSVita because it is a brilliant bit of SEXY Kit :P
Carl-G 2 years ago
the vita is good tho not a lot of games but honestly im glad i bought it.
J-D 2 years ago
Well its pretty much reverse of the most wanted in the west, crazy.
iMerle iDixon 2 years ago
doing better in the west so what you said makes no sense.
Skiba 2 years ago
That's such a weird outcome considering the Vita continues to sell poorly each week in Japan.
FizzyDuck 2 years ago
Pretty sure Vita sales will rocket once it gets a price cut in Japan. Some pretty sought after games on the way for Japan, such as Soul Sacrifice, which has the potential to be the new Monster Hunter.
Joe Anderson (Editor) 2 years ago
Soul Sacrifice will drive the Vita sales in Japan when it comes out concerning what I have seen/been told of the Demo also since its creator is Keiji Inafune-san (Mega-man, Onimusha, Dead Rising) & the rapid increase of hate for the practices of Capcom, The future is looking bright for the Vita
Considering not concerning stupid spell check
I'd be more than happy to get a Vita here if there was a significant Price cut.
LFC Bywater 2 years ago
well it is the best handheld money can buy.
Skiba 2 years ago
Wanting one and buying them are two different things though, if it wasn't for the high price, lack of games and stupidly expensive memory cards then maybe some of those wanting it would actually buy it.
Gloria 2 years ago
Has to be something wrong with this...There still making PSP games, if this was the case they would make more PS Vita games =/
Kizzy 2 years ago
It is because its significantly cheaper to develop for the PSP than it is for the Vita also the install base is a lot higher
Vita is getting titles like One Piece in the next few months. There's a few others too. Also keep in mind just about everyone has a PS3/3DS/Wii etc over there. And the Vita atm probably looks a bit more desirable than a Wii U.
Robichoico 2 years ago
Said it before, will say it again THE VITA IS NOT LACKING IN GAMES. There are loads, and loads of them are really good as well. Memory card, yes, that sucks ass but to say it has a lack of games is just wrong. Monster Hunter just being mentioned has had a massive impact in Japan and while at this stage there are not a lot of big boxed games announced, neither is there for the 3DS or Wii U.
Datastatic 2 years ago
This link might help if you think there aren't too many Vita games http://www.shopto.net/psvita also this one https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/home/main look under PSVita.
Datastatic 2 years ago
The ones that are really good however are faaaar less. Out of all the ones I got only Gravity Rush, Persona 4 and New Little King's Story were decent enough to be called 'good purchases' (one was free and the other two are ports anyways.) but I'm far too harsh when it comes to games I feel anyways. I'm not a fan of Uncharted, Resistance or Little Big Planet so I didn't enjoy the games. And I felt Assassin's Creed was too limiting to enjoy it fully. (Although I did enjoy it more than 3 itself so...strange.) Sadly for me I feel if I didn't have PS+ then my Vita would have been sold long ago....and I only bought it in September.
Robichoico 2 years ago