Resident Evil: Revelations coming to PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii U *updated with trailer*

Capcom has today confirmed that Resident Evil: Revelations be coming to the Xbox 360, PS3, PC and Wii U on May 24 in Europe.

According to the PR, the game will come "complete with high quality HD visuals, enhanced lighting effects and an immersive sound experience." The PR also mentions that "the fear that was originally brought to players in Resident Evil Revelations on the Nintendo 3DS system returns redefined for home consoles."

New content will also be included for consoles, such as a new enemy, an extra difficulty mode and improvements to the game's Raid Mode.

Capcom also says that players can pre-register on Residentevil.net from January 24 to gain early access to Resident Evil Revelations themed content with further information about online events to be revealed closer to launch.

Edited On 23 Jan, 2013

Comments
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Any news if this is going to be full retail or downloadable like Resi 4? i'll be getting it either way because I've heard great things about this Resi.
PrometheusFan's avatar
It's full retail... and it's probably not worth the 40 quid to be honest. 20 or less, yeah, but no more than that imo.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Joe2120's avatar
Digital and Retail - 40 GBP RRP apparently. Tho it'll be cheaper at retail I imagine.
Joe2120 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
Thanks, I'll stick to retail then.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
The full retail price is a real insult so I don't think I'll be double dipping on this one. Guess it really must have sold like crap on 3DS to see such a quick multiplatform re-release though. Not even a year old yet on that system.
Robichoico's avatar
Capcom loves the money. I don't know how it sold on the 3DS but we all knew it was coming anyways. Especially considering how many people complained about it being on the 3DS. Look at GTA and GOW for the PSP. Those quickly got ported onto the consoles too.
Robichoico 4 years ago
PrometheusFan's avatar
Not so quickly in those instances seeing as it took years for them to make the jump from PSP to PS2/PS3. And I don't think everyone knew this was going to happen... What's interesting to me is that Capcom are releasing the game on everything rather than just Wii U, which is what I would have expected given the Monster Hunter port situation. Further evidence of waning faith in Wii U from third parties?
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Robichoico's avatar
It's not coming on the Vita. So by your logic that must mean absolutely no faith in PSV from third parties?
Robichoico 4 years ago
Robichoico's avatar
And just checked. GTA liberty City stories was released on PSP in October 2005. On PS2 in June 2006 Vice City stories on PSP November 2006. PS2 March 2007. So yeah. That was pretty damn quick GOW chains of Olympys took about 3 years to come it seems. Ghost of Sparta was on PSP November 2010 and on PS3 by September 2011. So aside from one. All three took anywhere from half a year to just under a year to go from handheld to console.
Robichoico 4 years ago
Great game, best RE since 4, definitely worth forking out on if you haven't played it already, will have to see what the extra content to know if it's worth buying twice.
Warioman3000's avatar
Warioman3000 4 years ago
I'll be trading in my 3ds along with this and the circle pad pro then, This game was the only reason i've held on to it so long!
Have you seen the release schedule for the 3DS? there are a lot of great games coming out
PrometheusFan's avatar
I would have done the same actually if Project X Zone wasn't announced today.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Project X Zone was one of the games i was talking about as well as Castlevania Mirror of Fate, Fire Emblem Awakening, Luigi’s Mansion Dark Moon, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity. Pokemon X&Y, Ace Attorney 5 & now the TBC games Etrian Odyssey IV, Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner Soul Hackers, Shin Megami Tensei IV Bravely Default (Hoping Ghostlight will pick up all 4)
PrometheusFan's avatar
I have no interest in most of those though... and most of them aren't likely to come out over here anyways (Thanks again for the region locking Nintendo). Also, I'd personally be hesitant to even call the Ace Attorney series "games", but that's another discussion entirely.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Speak for yourself Kevin I personalty like Visual Novel's like Ace Attorney, 999, Corpse Party & Higurashi (The last is a sound novel but whatever)
Also what 'most' are you talking about the TBC games i posted, I only mentioned them because Ghostlight UK is doing a competition right now asking for suggestions for future releases and them 4 are the most popular
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 4 years ago
Never played it, infact the only Resi Game I've ever played is 5, and I liked it but, I just never got round to playing another.
Datastatic's avatar
You didn't pick the best one there mate...
Datastatic 4 years ago
If you have access to a Gamecube or Wii I would recommend you pick up the Resident Evil Remake for the Gamecube or Resident Evil Archives for the Wii & Resident Evil 0 for the Gamecube or Resident Evil 0 Archives for the Wii also Resident Evil 4 on any console
iMerle iDixon's avatar
Thanks for the recommendation i'll get on that straight away, before the new releases start to pour out.
iMerle iDixon 4 years ago
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Great Game. But already own it on 3DS. If they gave money off for the Wii U version for owning the 3DS I'd be tempted to pick it up. But they won't. And it's not worth paying again for.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
AH. Shopto is doing it for just under £33? That's not so bad I think.
PrometheusFan's avatar
For a 3DS port that adds practically nothing new? That's pretty bad. Wasn't the 3DS game even something like 29.99 at launch?
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
We don't know yet if Capcom has added nothing (Doubt it but lets wait and see)
Robichoico's avatar
Its not intended for those who own a 3DS tho. It's for those who want to play it yet don't own a 3DS. And yeah I think I paid £27 for it including the circle pad.
Robichoico 4 years ago
J-D's avatar
J-D 4 years ago
as we say in scotland, OH YA BUO TEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
Really? never heard it but then again our lingo don't read too well
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
'oh ya beauty' would have came across just as well as 'buo tee' :P
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
That's what i thought
Tw33ks's avatar
Tw33ks 4 years ago
Very good news. I cannot wait to play this as it passed me by on the 3DS, I heard it was absolutely stellar though.
Deltadee's avatar
Deltadee 4 years ago
Can't wait to play this , was going to get it on my 3ds but now ill just wait for the ps3 version !
Skiba's avatar
Skiba 4 years ago
this would be perfect for the Vita.
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
think ill have to rent this as well.. damn having no money :( lol
Rachael 4 years ago
Loved this on 3DS and will be getting it for my xbox most certainly. Quite happy to pay the £32.85 as it was a very enjoyable game.
James26's avatar
James26 4 years ago
Rental for me. Dissapointed with the last two RE releases and probably won't buy another one until they make a HD remake of 1-3!
Bhamkeyx's avatar
Bhamkeyx 4 years ago
I am still debating whether I should get RE 6, the price has dropped, but there are so many great comes coming out soon that I am not sure if RE6 is worth picking up. Would you guys recommend Resident Evil 6?
fusearts's avatar
fusearts 4 years ago
Already played it for 3DS, not interested in updated graphics and a few extra things just to play the same game all over again. It was a good enough game, but been there - done that. I will just stick to RE6 :-)
AlisterCat's avatar
I'm the same, except I haven't finished it. The new graphics and better controls might convince me to buy the Xbox version and sell my 3DS version.
AlisterCat 4 years ago