Persona 4 The Golden coming to PS Vita next month

One of last year's highest rated games will finally arrive for PS Vita in Europe next month. Persona 4 The Golden, is to be released on February 22, publisher NIS America has announced.

The game offers enhanced visuals, 1.5 times the amount of voiced dialogue as the original release, new cutscenes, a new online dungeon rescue feature, and the ability to explore the town at night.

So far it's the highest selling PS Vita title in Japan, as well being one of Metacritic's highest rated games of 2012.

We've been working on a review for quite a while now, which we'll bring you leading up to the game's release.

You can pre-order the game here.

Edited On 23 Jan, 2013

Comments
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Already got it. Was exactly the same price to import it from America than it's going to be on release. It's kinda good aside from a few things. Wasn't a huge fan of Persona 3 in the end as I felt it got too repetitive and the time limit was annoying. With this one I hated how it held your hand for the first 3-4 hours. Being unable to do pretty much anything until you got so far into the game. Considering the appeal of the series is being able to do schoollife/real life it was kinda meh. But still, it's easily the best the Vita has to offer at the moment. Which is always good. And I know I'll be playing this more
PrometheusFan's avatar
Well, given the nature of the game's storyline and the rather intricate time managed social aspects of the gameplay it kind of has to ease you in slowly or it'd just end up overwhelming you with dense info dumps at the starting gate as some RPGs make the mistake of doing. Plus once the actual dungeon crawling begins, the game gets fairly brutal fairly quickly.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Imported it here too. Truly exceptional title. One of the most enjoyable games I've played in years. There's a pretty ridiculous amount of game and bonus content included on the game card so it's well worth the money. I was quite surprised by just how much had been added from the PS2 version, but I could probably have lived without all those animated scenes of the female characters taking baths together to be honest. Stay classy Japan.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
For some reason these the Persona games take an age to come out over here. Is there any word on the fighting game for PS3 and Xbox is actually going to come out.
PrometheusFan's avatar
Persona 4 Arena... that game has been a total disaster of a release. Apparently the European version of it is only now in certification so in theory it SHOULD see release within the next couple of months, but given how badly it's been handled so far I wouldn't put money on it.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Artemisthemp's avatar
Persona 4: Arena is out, but don't work on EU system, do to a bug call Region Lock
Artemisthemp 4 years ago
Robichoico's avatar
All Atlus games seem to take an age. Catherine took months, Radiant Historia took months then got canned. There's a DS and 3DS Devil Survivor. I think the DS one has been out in America for over a year. 3DS one been out since September.
Robichoico 4 years ago
Rob give Ghostlight time to sort it out
I still have P1, P2, P3 Fez & P4 in my backlog lol but once I can get the Vita for a price i'm happy with this will be one of the first games i get
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 4 years ago
I was wondering, what's the difference between Persona 4: Golden US and EU? There must be a difference, since it took them... 6 months to get it here
Datastatic's avatar
Aint no difference blue, box is a bit different but gamedem been on boat for bear time. You get me?
Datastatic 4 years ago
fusearts's avatar
fusearts 4 years ago
Played some of P3 Fez, and thought it was so different from the other RPGs I have played. But P4 is supposed to be the best out of the series, looks like this will be a system seller for me.
Gummy's avatar
Gummy 4 years ago
The fact that this is coming out before Arena in Europe is just a joke. I want to be excited for Arena still, but it's getting harder and harder. Anyway, The Golden is one of the games that makes me wish I had a Vita! I thought Ghostlight were doing it here, but ah well (that would have been extra nice since they tend to do pretty sweet special editions).