Dead Island Riptide gets first gameplay trailer

Deep Silver has released the first gameplay trailer for Dead Island Riptide.

In this video the player seems to be collecting machine gun parts, which he then takes back to the base to help him shoot down hordes of zombies.

As you'd expect, the video shows the player cutting his way through zombies using all manner of tools including a gun, pistol, axe and crossbow.

Check out the video below.

You can pre-order Dead Island Riptide here.

Edited On 24 Jan, 2013

Comments
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
its looking better than the 1st 1 but i dont think its looking worth a buy maybe a rental.. 1 of those games to play with friends.. and another excuse i wont buy because all my friends have abandoned gaming cause they suck! my only hope is my remaining xbox users to get me tempted to buy this for the co op aspects
Garrick 4 years ago
If they work out the problems that plagued the original then this could seem pretty decent. Although co-op with my housemates would be entertaining nonetheless.
Meh not really interested in this but I will give it a look when it comes out but odds are my mates will buy this so i'll be coaxed into buying this anyway (Remember kids peer pressure is bad)
MrHighway's avatar
MrHighway 4 years ago
Looking like more of the same really, I was really excited for the first game but ultimately dissapointed, i'll keep an eye on it but i'm not that hopeful.
Just a rental for me, the first was OK, but I only bought it because of the trailer, and the game didn't come close to the potential shown in it.
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
played the first for half an hour... luckily no achievements so i deleted it from my game history and keep trying to forget i played it. Still don't get the big craze with zombies at the minute?
Zombies are great, but not everything with them in it is.
It's just a phase. Happened with Pokémon, happened with vampires, etc. Before you know it a new craze will rise up.
Garrick 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
I think The Walking Dead TV show might also be contributing to this zombie phase..
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
scourge's avatar
scourge 4 years ago
really enjoyed the 1st one. can see where people why people got a bit bored with it playing on their own. really need to play it in co-op to get the most out of it. me and my mates finished it 3 times, also almost 1000'd it.
FizzyDuck's avatar
FizzyDuck 4 years ago
Wasn't a big fan of the original and judging from the video it seems to be more of the same with a few new weapons. I'll wait and see what others think before picking this up.
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 4 years ago
I liked the first area in the first game, but once you got the second area it was awful, and the third area was absolutely disgusting and made me give up.
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 4 years ago
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Needs more mutilated bikini torso.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
If its a budget release, I will buy it. Otherwise I'll give it a miss until it does drop. The first one was good, but it got so samey so quickly, and I did encounter some bugs, which eventually made the game unplayable.
I'm sure one of my housemates will get it at some point without me losing a penny from my pocket, which is good as I would only want to play it with a couple of them anyway, as opposed to by myself. It's win/win in that scenario!
Garrick 4 years ago
James26's avatar
James26 4 years ago
I for one loved the first one. I know it was glitchy and buggy but i managed to look past that purely because of how enjoyable I found it. I think that if this was a budget release then a lot more people would be tempted to part with their money but quite frankly, i don't see it happening. The game looks great. I've had it on preorder since day 1!
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Thought that the first one was good fun, Was great when played co-op with a friend but a bit boring when alone. Just started another playthrough yesterday to get me in the mood for this one. Really can't wait :D
rick75fowler's avatar
rick75fowler 4 years ago
I enjoyed the first one played co-op with a few friends and had us in stitches for hours so I hope and pray that this one will be twice as funny as the first and of course learn from the last one
Baiken_'s avatar
Baiken_ 4 years ago
Looks pretty much the same to me, i think i'll pass on this one seeming as the first one was disappointing and had game breaking glitches and the ending jeez... The part were i hacked zombies limbs off was fun though :P
Rachael 4 years ago
Not much seems to have changed graphically or with the way the screen is set out. Even when the zombies grab you it's the exact same animation prompting you to push the LT then the RT. Seems very lazy to me, sure co-op is fun on the previous, and probably will be on this too, but i am not prepared to pay full retail for basically another sub standard story with a new island.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 4 years ago
It doesnt seem to really add much still have not completed the first but im right near the end just need to get round to it.
Bhamkeyx's avatar
Bhamkeyx 4 years ago
Could not get into the first game, tried couple of times, but could not. I will will wait for the reviews to come up and propably wait for a price drop, not spending full price for a game which I am not sure will be worth it.
fusearts's avatar
fusearts 4 years ago
I played about half of the first, and enjoyed it, but this just looks a lot like the first. Still looks pretty decent, most likely will pick it up when its cheap ... bargain bin!
da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 4 years ago
Perhaps it's just me, but I thought the first title had a very misjudged difficulty curve. If they could address this in the sequel, I think it'll make it a stronger title. Though, I must confess that I feel very much the same as others: it appears to just be an extension of the previous game where any astounding advancement or innovation has been overlooked. Would be nice to see a game more in tone with their original (and rather stunning) cinematic trailer.
Salvo's avatar
Salvo 4 years ago
I don't see myself anywhere near this title (not that it's my type of game, but still) after that whole bust incident, whether it was a sad piece of reality or even worse, an uncool marketing scheme. Either way they are at fault and I hope sales figures actually reflect this.
Barada's avatar
Barada 4 years ago
I bought the original with the idea that Co-op would be local - on the same screen - only to be confronted with online only. What a mistake! It can feel quite isolating and more edgy, though, when you know you're the only one who can save the day! From what I've seen of the sequel it's more of the same; think there's only so many heads you can pummel with crude implements before you need to sate the bloodlust elsewhere.