Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen to release this April

Dragon's Dogma will get a new expansion this April.

The new content, known as Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen will arrive in the UK and Europe on April 26th and will be released at both retail and digitally for around 19.99 GBP.

The expansion adds a new area to the game world, more quests and new enemies and extra items and abilities for the Pawn sidekicks.

If you have a save file from the original Dragon's Dogma then this will allow your characters to earn new high-level skills.

Here's the new features via VG247:

- A massive new underground realm to explore featuring over 25 terrifying new enemies
- More skills/equipment/augments:
- Level 3 Skills
- DD:DA provides each character class with a new tier of skills, giving players new devastating abilities and skills to master
- Over 100 pieces of new equipment
- All new high level weapons and armor sets for players venturing into the underground caverns.
- 14 new character/Pawn augments
- New tiers of equipment enhancement
- Increased character customisation options
- Item appraisal
- Option to select Japanese voice over

Edited On 24 Jan, 2013

Comments
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
I have been holding out on buying this game for ages. Just waiting for time and a price drop. This is essentially a GOTY edition without the need to win the award (Dead Island should take note) And for shopto's £18 price point, you can be sure I have it pre-ordered! Nice work Capcom. There may be hope for you yet!
troublemaker's avatar
Noting of course, that DD:DA will include the original game too. This section really needs the ability to edit your posts :)
troublemaker 4 years ago
0000000000's avatar
i brought it on release day and its a great game i love it and cant wait for it
0000000000 4 years ago
troublemaker's avatar
it came out the same time I was playing a bunch of others and didn't have time to put into an RPG. Happy I waited though. This is awesome news
troublemaker 4 years ago
I played a little bit of the demo. I was also waiting for a price drop, but this expansion does sound kinda cool.
Garrick 4 years ago
Any idea if this will include all 24 bits of DLC. Already Pre-ordered either way
troublemaker's avatar
From the VG247 article: "It will launch at €29.99/£19.99 as a digital and physical release, adding a huge new area, more missions, extra enemies and all of the original game’s content." I would guess at yes. I suppose it depends on how you read "Original game" and "content"
troublemaker 4 years ago
True its Capcom so I wouldn't put it past them to do something like this. Oh how the mighty have fallen
PrometheusFan's avatar
Wait... they're only charging 20 quid for the original game, all the DLC and the expansion? Really puts what a rip off Resident Evil Revelations HD is into perspective in comparison... it costs twice as much and adds pretty much nothing.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
troublemaker's avatar
My thoughts exactly
troublemaker 4 years ago
elaniel's avatar
elaniel 4 years ago
Didn't complete the game entirely. Wonder if I can carry on exactly where I left off on my save if I buy this new edition. Hopefully I can. Anyone know?
Afrododger's avatar
Apparently, you can continue to some degree with your current character and build etc. Not too sure where I read that, but apparently it's possible! I have the original, and loved it - it's like an easier version of Dark Souls in a way! Still, will this new version be a standalone DLC as well?
Afrododger 4 years ago
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
I was not overly impressed with the original release of this. The combat is all over the place and the travelling is slow and boring, with no real fast travel system I could see which is really a must in a game of this sort. The quest structure was incredibly repetitive as well.
Ash Buchanan's avatar
Started playing this over the christmas quiet period. Not a bad game other than the constant walking gets boring very quickly.
Ash Buchanan 4 years ago
PrometheusFan's avatar
It has a lot of nice ideas about it, but the travelling is excruciating. Travelling to that crumbling tower off in the distance that seemed to take forever for one of the story quests was bad enough, but when you were expected to make the same long journey over again to complete one of the bigger sub-quests it kind of led to me drifting away from the game. I should finish it someday probably... but not today.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
I think I read somewhere that the expansion will add in some sort of fast travel (Take with a pinch of salt)
PrometheusFan's avatar
Any word if that's just the expansion or is the original game being updated?
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Don't know I would say just Google it since i'm sure I read it somewhere last year when it was announced
LFC Bywater's avatar
The game is enjoyable but i do agree with the lack of fast travel. Spent too much time just basking through the countryside for my liking.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 4 years ago
I completed literally everything in the main game and still have my save knocking around on a USB, so this is a no brainier for me.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
I never played this first time around. Was going to get it just for the Resident Evil 6 demo but seeing as it was crap was pleased I didnt. Might give DD a go
Garrick 4 years ago
Capcom sure do love their mon- er... DLC. I particularly love the "Option to select Japanese voice over" part.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
LOL... I would buy it from here anyway, resale value of course :)
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 4 years ago
Here is a trailer for the DLC if anyone is interested. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faG08ncLd5A
MrHighway's avatar
MrHighway 4 years ago
Reckon i'll be picking this up, loved the demo for the first but never got round to buying the full game, seeing as it's only £19.99 and you get the original game and the new content (possibly with original dlc) then it seems worth it.
Bhamkeyx's avatar
Bhamkeyx 4 years ago
I just ordered Dragon's Dogma, will start playing it next week. From the reviews, the game seems to be really good, so I am likely to purchase the expansion, have not seen often expansions for PS3 being made on separate disk, hopefully, for the this price there are many more hours to be played. Even thought, I've read of the option to select a 'Japanese voice over', funny, how they want to add as much extras to the expansion as possible to make it look fancy, even though some, like the Japanese voice-over' is useless for me.
troublemaker's avatar
Might be worth cancelling your order if you're reckoning to pick up the expansion. For the £18 shopto are charging for Dark Arisen, you get the original game on the disk too.
troublemaker 4 years ago
Bhamkeyx's avatar
Ahhhh, the order has now been dispatched. Had no idea that the original game will be included into the expansion. Sucks, if I like Dragons Dogma, I will need to buy the expansion. Paying twice for the same game, waste of money. Should have read your comment eariler. Well, we learn from the mistakes. Thanks for the reply though, I should have read it yestarday. Do you think that the expansion will be available to purchase for less as a download to the Dragon's Dogma original, or you need to buy the disk in order to get it?
Bhamkeyx 4 years ago
fusearts's avatar
fusearts 4 years ago
I really wanted this game and because it's still around £30 I didn't bother. Looks like the new expansion is what I need, lots of updates plus the original game and for less than £20. Bargain! Demo was a lot of fun, reminded me a lot of Skyrim but not as intense.