Rumour: Next gen Sonic on the way

Another day, another rumour. This time we are discussing SEGA's popular blue spiky mascot, Sonic The Hedgehog.

According to this latest rumour, a new Sonic game will be announced next month, for practically every platform under the sun.

Sonic Stadium reports that the game will ship on Xbox 360, PS3, PC, Wii U, Vita, 3DS and next-generation systems and will offer?a mix of 2D and 3D gameplay over at least twenty stages. Elsewhere the site reports that the game will also have boss battles and multiple routes for you to explore.

The game is expected to be revealed or at least teased soon.

Edited On 24 Jan, 2013

Comments
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
hhhmmm sounds awfully familiar ... cough generations cough cough
Tw33ks's avatar
A Generations sequel would be very good. Generations for those that haven't played it is pretty much the best Sonic game since Sonic CD a good 15 years ago.
Tw33ks 4 years ago
Tw33ks's avatar
Tw33ks 4 years ago
This should be cool. I am not expecting them to show off the next gen version though, that seems like something they will save for E3.
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Does seem very similar to generations. I'll probably be tempted into getting it though, more for the 2D than the 3D.
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
my childhood gaming hero... cant wait for this generations was the 1st one ive loved since the old school mega drive games! still play those now bring it on.. im with bywater more 2D than 3D for me
LFC Bywater's avatar
2 is my all time favourite. Really didn't get on with the Adventure ones.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
My mum used to make me go Tails when she wanted to play it so I'd float away off screen while she sped through it. Think this is why Mario is my main childhood hero.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
Lol. Childhood deprivation at it's best! My older brother used to do the same but when he was out i would jump back on it to play.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
0000000000's avatar
my cousin tried the same i just hit him with the controller and played solo... what a childhood wouldnt of been the same without sonic, alien storm, streets of rage! golden axe... those were the days
0000000000 4 years ago
iMerle iDixon's avatar
My childhood gaming hero would probably be Ratchet.
iMerle iDixon 4 years ago
0000000000's avatar
sonic would batter ratchet lol
0000000000 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
I wish Ratchet was mine. First one I played was Tools of Destruction. Hadn't even heard of him beforehand! Ahh Streets of Rage and Golden Axe on the same cartridge with Shinobi. Brilliant that.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
J-D's avatar
J-D 4 years ago
generations made me like sonic again after so many years, no joke i have nearly every sonic game under the sun but after 06 and unleashed (which ok wasn't horrid but meh) i gave up, so im all for this new game, even if its a clone of generations, i'd still give it a shot.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
It's funny to think that only a couple of years ago a new Sonic game would be greeted with eye rolling and indifference. Sega have done a great job revitalising this franchise with the Racing games and Generations. Shame Sonic 4 didn't turn out so hot though.
LFC Bywater's avatar
I didn't mind sonic 4 so much, it was Sonic 4 episode 2 that wound me up.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
0000000000's avatar
i enjoyed them brought back the old school sonic in HD :P lol
0000000000 4 years ago
As long as the Chao Garden makes a return I don't care what they do
0000000000's avatar
lol take it thats your favourite
0000000000 4 years ago
Yes I couldn't even tell you how long I have spend in the Chao Gardens
iMerle iDixon's avatar
I remember when i was i school someone used to always tell me stuff about that chao garden on his gamecube but i never actually got around to it.
iMerle iDixon 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
Can be certain that Green hill zone will be making an appearance aswell.. :P
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
James26's avatar
James26 4 years ago
I'm never convinced by games that cross so many platforms. They're always a bit lack luster. Movie-tie-ins do the same thing (although they are a different kettle of fish) and it doesn't usually work. Here's hoping that SEGA prove me wrong!
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 4 years ago
what I want to know is why can I complete generations in little over 3 hours, but when ever I boot up one of the older ones I get my ass absolutely handed to me on a silver platter.
LFC Bywater's avatar
Games from before have stiffer controls and are generally much harder. That's what i find anyway.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
As long as the 3D sections are optional that's fine by me.
I'm I the only one who likes the 3D sections better than the 2D
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
mmmmm. Never was a Sonic fan. The 2nd Racing game was pretty decent however. I think I hated Generations however. The Classic Sonic segments were good but the Modern Sonic stuff made me hate it
Rachael 4 years ago
I enjoy all 2d sonic, and really really cannot stand the 3d stuff. Especially that game where sonic became a werewolf, had me face palming throughout the whole game. Hopefully they will get this one right, enjoyed Generations so hopefully they are on the right track.
Alan 4 years ago
Not since the megadrive days have I enjoyed a sonic game. Generations was nice and sonic 4 I would just like bundled on a disc not episodes. May have to crack out the megadrive from the loft and have me some old school sonic.
Gummy's avatar
Gummy 4 years ago
I really enjoyed the recent Sonic Racing Transformed, especially online. It's not at all likely to get announced so soon, but I'd not complain if they did come out with another racer. :>
Tim 4 years ago
Sonic Generations 2: MORE GENERATIONS. All joking aside i do want it to be something like that. Sonic Generations was fun overall and i could deal with it having sequels. As long as that's what it takes to not make something like a Sonic 06 or Sonic Unleashed. I won't lie though, i liked Sonic and the Secret Rings.