GTA: Vice City releasing on PSN next week

Rockstar has announced that the 2002 smash hit, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City will be releasing on the Playstation Network next week, as part of the PS2 Classics range.

GTA: Vice City releases January 29th in North America, January 30th in Europe and will cost 9.99 dollars/9.99 euros/7.99 pounds.

Rockstar also said that more of the developer's classic games will be available on the PSN Store in "weeks and months to come.".

Edited On 24 Jan, 2013

Comments
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
One of my favourite previous gen GTA game. Awesome. Although, sadly, as more of these are released, our hopes for an HD rerelease get further and further away
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Absolute Vintage!! think i still have the PS2 one of these rolling around somewhere.
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 4 years ago
This one is my personal favorite, sure the map is not as big as the likes of San Andreas and 4, but the atmosphere, and there is a perfect amount of stuff to do so the map doesn't feel overly big or too crowded.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
This was actually the last GTA game I really loved. San Andreas was good but just didn't like a lot of how it went on. Might be tempted to pick it up for the PS3. Although I recently dug out my PS2 so wondering if there's any point
Steven 4 years ago
My favourite GTA! Can't wait for this :-)
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Um... wasn't this added to the PS Store months ago? I could have sworn that happened. Interesting to note their pricing is in line with the accepted PS1/2 downloadable range this time, and not adding a 50 percent mark up as they did with San Andreas.
Datastatic's avatar
It was on the PS store, but did a Counterstrike and vanished after about 10 seconds. The PS 1 & 2 classics are much cheaper (and there are loads more of them) on the US store. They have loads of sales there as well. Picked un Un Jammer Lammy, Xenosaga, Dino Crisis 1 & 2 and Parasite Eve for about £10 for the lot. I must go and check if Chrono Cross is on there yet as thats one of the best games ever.
Datastatic 4 years ago
James26's avatar
James26 4 years ago
Awesome. Absolutely loved Vice City, will definitely be picking this up on release day. Shame there's no Trophies though, I always prefer it when remakes have Trophies/Achievements. Can't wait to start playing this and listen to the Love Fist EP at the same time!
J-D's avatar
J-D 4 years ago
TIME TO DO THE LANCE VANCE DANCE, one more time baby!!!
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 4 years ago
It would be nice to have this on the vita as well. Also £8 is good but isnt it out on the i pad for £3?
Datastatic's avatar
You can get Vice City Stories for the Vita and very nice it is too. Pops up in sales quite a lot. Cost me £3.50.
Datastatic 4 years ago
Kizzy's avatar
Kizzy 4 years ago
Haha the old Grand Theft Auto games are awesome will have to pick this up :D, I can't say GTA IV was amazing though =/
Gummy's avatar
Gummy 4 years ago
Good price. There's tons to do and I'd say it's one of the top three GTA games. The whole PS2 games one the PS3 store thing confuses me though. They're not backwards compatible, but they can run them if you donwnload them off the PSN? So the PS3 just can't recognise a PS2 disc any more?