New Injustice: Gods Among Us trailer released

Warner Bros Games and DC Comics have released a new cinematic trailer for Injustice: Gods Among Us.

Ed Boon stated that DC Comics had given NetherRealm a large amount of freedom with their properties, allowing his team to put their own spin on iconic DC characters.

The current roster of characters includes:

Bane
Joker
Lex Luthor
Nightwing
Solomon Grundy
Superman
Wonder Woman

Injustice: Gods Among Us punches it's way into stores April 19th on Playstation 3 and Xbox 360. Preorder your copy at ShopTo today.?

Edited On 24 Jan, 2013

Comments
Kizzy's avatar
Kizzy 4 years ago
Seems like it could be interesting, I will be sure to keep an eye out for this for this in the future :D
MrHighway's avatar
MrHighway 4 years ago
My eyes are firmly set on this, developed by the Moral Kombat team it has to be good!
LFC Bywater's avatar
The fact that it is developed by the Mortal Kombat team is the main reasoning for me anticipating this game so much.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
PrometheusFan's avatar
I wouldn't get too excited, previews have suggested NetherRealm have more or less discarded all the lessons they learned with Mortal Kombat to return to the unbalanced garbage style seen in Mortal Kombat vs DC.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
MrHighway's avatar
I haven't managed to dig about for the previews yet but if it's true it's quite a shame, MK9 was brilliant, I can't fathom how a company could go back to something worse after that but we'll wait and see.
MrHighway 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
I really hope you are wrong cus i loved this most recent MK, but hated MK vs DC. Guess we will all have to wait and see.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
I shouldn't worry too much, kevin usually is wrong ;)
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
The latest Mortal Kombat renewed my faith in the franchise and fighting games as a whole. Them making a DC shaped game that "hopefully" isn't hamstrung by the Heroic Brutality fiasco that MKvsDC had. Colour me very excited!
LFC Bywater's avatar
I agree with that, The story mode in MK was second to none. Makes you realise how lazy most other fighting games are with their strung on tame arcade mode only single player.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
troublemaker's avatar
I know right? An actual story, that I have played through twice so far. Once on PS3 and once on Vita. Curious to see of Injustice appears on the Vita down the road.
troublemaker 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
I'm sure that it will come to Vita, MAkes sense for it too and if MK did then this will too.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
PrometheusFan's avatar
I wouldn't bet too much on many new Vita games from here on out... at least not from Western developers.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
troublemaker's avatar
There are a few on the way, granted most from Sony first party Devs like Guerrilla Games, but I still hold out hope for a little success for the Vita. MK9 was amazing on it, and i believe it sold relatively well. I have my fingers firmly crossed for a vita port of Injustice in the future
troublemaker 4 years ago
Looks OK, don't like the new costumes though, are they the new 52 ones?
troublemaker's avatar
My guess would be, the same as the lastest MK, that we get "Classic" costume packs as DLC in the future. Let's hope they are free like the MK ones were
troublemaker 4 years ago
They better be, I'm not paying as I'll only be renting the game, and I like my heroes old school.
troublemaker's avatar
There is no school, like the old school :)
troublemaker 4 years ago
iMerle iDixon's avatar
Old Skool, is kool. Sorry...
iMerle iDixon 4 years ago
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
no they are not New 52 they are mks take on the New 52 by the looks of it
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
the collectors is pricey but looks ace
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 4 years ago
I'm ready to get my but kicked.
Steven 4 years ago
I would pre-order only I'm waiting for the collectors edition on here. I've asked and emailed several times to shopto but no-one seems either capable or willing to give me an answer!
Baiken_'s avatar
Baiken_ 4 years ago
Looks good however not sure about the voices for some of them..
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
Any news on whether Shopto will be selling the collectors edition? I haven't looked forward to a game, aswel as a collector's edition, so much in some time. Hopefully they release the Green Lantern corps, Robin, and Grodd as DLC
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
If they've seriously regressed their playing style back to MK vs DC and tossed out everything MK8 taught them as previews have been saying, then I think I might be done with Netherrealm games.
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
liking the character listing for this 1.. be a rental for me i get easily bored of these games but im a massive fan of batman bane and joker to say the least!
Alan 4 years ago
Looks fun. Liked the last MK game. Got the Komplete edition and got my arse handed to me online. As far as fighting games go though still waiting for Teken X Streetfighter. If it every comes out. Just hope Namco can pull it off better than Capcom.
Tim 4 years ago
As a major fighting game fan i'm looking forward to this. I got my hands on it at Final Round last year and saw more of it at EVO as well. Looks solid, Netherealms tries really hard to make their games work and it shows. The story mode is looking HUGE, like MK9 and entertaining as well. I wish the roster was bigger but you never know. The greatest thing is that in that trailer was Hawkgirl, a previously unannounced character, so that's exciting to me. All i can wish for is some LOBO and STARFIRE