God of War: Ascension players to get first access to The Last of Us demo

BOOM! Sony has announced that people who buy God of War: Ascension will be among the first people to play the demo of the upcoming Naughty Dog and PS3 exclusive title, The Last of Us.

Sony Computer Entertainment is giving players who are itching to get their hands on two of the biggest titles for 2013, exclusive first access to The Last of Us demo with the purchase of God of War: Ascension.

Once purchased, fans will simply have to load their God of War: Ascension disc into their PS3 and find The Last of Us listing on the main menu. There, players will find details on how to access The Last of Us demo, for free, as soon as it becomes available.

More information on exact details of the demo will be released by Naughty Dog at a later date on the PlayStation Blog.

You can preorder your copy of God of War: Ascension at ShopTo today. Along with access to The Last of Us demo, ShopTo orders will include the Mythological Heroes Multiplayer DLC Pack.

Also available from ShopTo is the God of War: Ascension - Collector's Edition which includes:

- Exclusive 8, Kratos Figurine,
- Premium Steelbook Case,
- Official Game Soundtrack,
- Pass For Future DLC Content,
- Multiplayer Double XP Unlock,
- Mythological Heroes Multiplayer Armour Pack,
- PlayStation 3 Dynamic Theme,
- PlayStation Network Avatar Pack
- Mythological Heroes Multiplayer DLC Pack.

Pre-order your copy below.

Edited On 24 Jan, 2013

Comments
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Twice today Shopto has made me wish i had a PS3. gggrrrr. Any good Xbox News/stories you have to lighten my mood?..
0000000000's avatar
i agree with bywater :D
0000000000 4 years ago
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Recently it feels like I've been nothing but negative about alot of new releases. So I'll start with the fact that I LOVE the God of War games. But towards the end of two, and definitely in three, the narrative was completely lost. I don't see where the story, be it prequel or not, can go or do. And with the multiplayer that I have tried a few times and just think is out and out rubbish, this is yet another title that I shall be waiting to pick up until it drops in price, or maybe rent. the promise of access to the TLOU demo (which could possibly end up being yet another "Multiplayer Beta") will not sway me to purchase. Wow. I need something to be positive about.
This is a marketing tactic usually used to shift crap, make of that what you will.
troublemaker's avatar
Yep! same as the last two Medal of Honor games offering BF beta access. Hoping the promise will shift more units of a rubbish product (although I admit to enjoying MoH and Bulletstorm which had a similar thing for the Gears 3 Beta)
troublemaker 4 years ago
Don't forget the Halo 3 beta that came with Crackdown and the Halo 4 beta that came with ODST both of them were good games in their own rights
PrometheusFan's avatar
Could you tell me your definition of trolling again Gloria?
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
I loved Crackdown one,became one of my favourite game, strangely i haven't tried Crackdown 2 yet though
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
0000000000's avatar
god of war is an over rated brand in my opinion... prefer me some darksiders anyday
0000000000 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
Haven't you just got a PS3? God of Wars story and gameplay is stronger than Darksiders. Can't wait for this.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
the only crap I see here is you
makki 4 years ago
Datastatic's avatar
Don't think GOW is going to have any trouble selling. Its not exactly Zone of the Enders is it?
Datastatic 4 years ago
PrometheusFan's avatar
The purpose is to sell Last of Us, which probably won't have trouble selling itself, but it IS a new IP, so it makes sense to not take any chances.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Afrododger's avatar
I would have to agree with Gloria here... I mean, take Bulletstorm for example - the only reason that sold well was because Gears of War fans wanted early beta access. Although, I did actually enjoy Bulletstorm :)
Afrododger 4 years ago
rick75fowler's avatar
rick75fowler 4 years ago
Not to keen on gow ascension,it's defo the new thing look at moh:wf offering bf4 demo but its a good idea I think to promote games but as I'm not to keen on this game I wait a week or so as it be out just like previous games did :)
Jimbo_1's avatar
Jimbo_1 4 years ago
not buying God of War to get that demo, God of War has never been my type of games and now it had dreadful multilayer Can't wait for last of us though
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 4 years ago
God Of war is dead to me, I'm leaving the franchise at III.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
It's a decent marketing tactic. But I'd imagine everyone who was gonna buy GOW was gonna buy the Last of Us anyways. Demo or not.
PrometheusFan's avatar
I fail to see why that would be the case. They're both very different kinds of games.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Datastatic's avatar
Yep I agree with Kevin. GOW fans are pretty mainstream and The Last of Us is a bit of an unknown for the general public. Obviously we are all over it as gamers but it might put it on quite a few peoples radars that otherwise hadn't heard of it.
Datastatic 4 years ago
Baiken_'s avatar
Baiken_ 4 years ago
As much as i want to play ''The Last Of Us'' i just can't justify buying God Of War Ascension for a demo, just not my type of game i guess.
amd500's avatar
amd500 4 years ago
Excellent news. Already pre-ordered God of War Collectors Edition and can't wait for that. But hearing it comes with a demo for The Last Of Us makes the deal even sweeter.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Good thinking. Ascension is going to sell big numbers and there was always going to be awareness issues with a new IP at this late stage of a console's life cycle, even one with the pedigree of Last of Us... so using GoW to get people to at least try out the newer game is probably the best thing they could do rather than putting the demo on some new Blu-Ray movie again or something...
Alan 4 years ago
Got all the other God Of War games but this really not doing much for me. The Last Of Us mind is my most anticipated game of Q1. Some solid games on all formats and new console news. This may well be the year that bankrupts me.
Bhamkeyx's avatar
Bhamkeyx 4 years ago
I am definitley picking up the new GOW game. The reason why i'm picking up this game is not because of the first access to 'The Last Of Us', which is of course great, but because the previous God Of War games were excellent, hopefully Ascension will be as fun as the previous once. Can't wait for The Last Of Us too.
J-D's avatar
J-D 4 years ago
ugh, wish they would stop doing that and just release it for the psn when its ready and i don't mean just psn plus, its a demo, its meant to be a FREE sample to show off their game.
Kizzy's avatar
Kizzy 4 years ago
I really love the look of The Last of Us, it looks amazing! As much as i would like to play it asap i think there will be a demo on PSN not to long after the release of Ascension, so i will be waiting for a while i guess ;)
AlisterCat's avatar
AlisterCat 4 years ago
I played the multiplayer beta and it was great! I don't know why. I don't normally like multiplayer. Not sure if I can justify buying another game though.