Luigi's Mansion multiplayer detailed

Nintendo has today released further details on the multiplayer modes for Luigi's Mansion.

According to the details, players will be able to join up with up to four players and journey into the ScareScraper, although "additional systems and games may be required," says the PR.

Modes include the likes of Hunter Mode, where each player controls a different color Luigi and is challenged to hunt down ghosts and use 'effective teamwork' to clear each floor of the tower before the clock strikes zero. Bonuses and upgrades can be earned depending on how well the team performs.

Other areas include the like of boss battles at the top of each tower; Here, players can choose the number of floors ranging from five, 10 or 25. They can also adjust the difficulty to cater to both new and veteran gamers. Finally, fallen players can even be revived by their teammates to keep the adventure going.

Check out a video below.

Pre-order your copy here.

Edited On 25 Jan, 2013

Comments
Sounds alright, don't know many others with a 3DS though, and I'm not sure if any of them will be buying it, so I hope it's single card playable.
iMerle iDixon's avatar
I must that that download play, is my favorate thing about the DS and 3DS, you go out to a mates, 'do you fancy a game on this' 'yes, but oh wait I don't have it' 'don't worry it can play on both our systems with one cartridge' 'really WOW', very cheesy conversation but you get where I'm going
iMerle iDixon 4 years ago
Alan 4 years ago
Not bad but Nintendo really need to start adding online as well as local. Got 3 mates who have 3ds but both live 7 miles away in different directions. The wife is toying with getting one so may get to play a bit of local multiplayer.
Not like none of their 3DS games have online, Mario Kart and Tennis and Kid Icarus do, they just need to add it to more.
AlisterCat's avatar
In the trailer it says "around the world", so I assume that means there will be some kind of online multiplayer. Latency will be an issue though.
AlisterCat 4 years ago
I'm I the only one who wanted Deathmatch? lol
0000000000's avatar
luigi death match lol that boarderlines on cruelty!
0000000000 4 years ago
That is the whole point I mean who doesn't like to see Luigi suffer
iMerle iDixon's avatar
A bit of Luigi on Luigi action never hurt anyone, but it did hurt their eyes, and burnt their souls.
iMerle iDixon 4 years ago
AlisterCat's avatar
AlisterCat 4 years ago
Wow, I didn't know this was going to have multiplayer. I don't really know anyone else around me with a 3DS though. Thankfully there is online! Definitely buying this one.