The Tyranny of King Washington kicks off next month for Assassin's Creed III

The Tyranny of King Washington, a new episodic storyline for Assassin's Creed 3, will be released on February 19 on PC and Xbox 360. Although European PlayStation 3 players have February 20, while there's no date for the Wii U version.

If you have an Assassin's Creed 3 Season Pass then you'll pick the new content up as part of that, otherwise it'l cost you 8.99/800 MS points for each episode, of which there are three in total.?

The three-part storyline takes players to an alternate history, where an evil version of George Washington decides to crown himself dictator.

Sounds like it could be interesting.

Edited On 25 Jan, 2013

Comments
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
i still have not got round to renting this or if its cheap picking it up its on my list to play...
troublemaker's avatar
I recommend it. It's a great game. all be it with a slow start. Story wise, it's up there with AC2
troublemaker 4 years ago
0000000000's avatar
i loved AC 1 and 2... but! brotherhood and revelations i think got a bit stale my opinion.. but ive wanted this since release... but my wife would rather spend money on kids :( unfair lol... whats your Gtah troublemaker did u put it up on the swap post?
0000000000 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
Same boat. Brotherhood was really good but they went too far with Revelations and I just got bored with it. Took me no time to complete 1, 2 and Brotherhood, yet I'm still in the midst of completing Revelations, and I got it on release day....
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
troublemaker's avatar
I agree that revelations was long and stale (although the ending was awesome) and there were definitely parts of AC3 that will make you go "ARGH! More of the same!" but a little perseverance pays off nicely with the third game! My PSN is TroubleMaker411, I don't have a GT anymore as I no longer own my xbox. Damn family meant I couldn't afford to run both consoles. It's as if the wife doesn't care! LMAO!
troublemaker 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
Don't you use the 'It was on sale, only £12 or something' excuse? Used it when my mum used to wonder why all my games were coming in and now using it on my girlfriend when she's wondering why so many games are coming in.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
0000000000's avatar
my wife checks on me :( else i would still have 2 consoles and most games... but noooo had to have a mortgage and kids lol
0000000000 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
Luckily the mortgage and everything comes out of my account, thus no need to explain anything lol.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
troublemaker's avatar
My wife is pretty up to date with new releases etc. she would boil my balls for breakfast if she caught me in a lie! Although my current favourite line is "I found another awesome deal on HotUKDeals!" tends to mean no questions are asked! Yeah, I don't know whats wrong with her. But mortgage/kids/incoming kids/ seems to be her priority! Silly woman!
troublemaker 4 years ago
0000000000's avatar
i know need to sort out their priorities!
0000000000 4 years ago
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Finally! Been waiting for ages for this. The little MP add-ons are fun, but the Singleplayer DLC is what i bought the season pass for. This looks absolutely amazing. And I'm really looking forward to the completely alternate timelime/history/canon and seeing if Ubi can make it as fun as it sounds like it could be. Oh, and that artwork is amazing!
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
What? This is episodic DLC? I thought this was going to be a spin off game coming out at the usual time in November. Guess I'll be waiting for the "complete" edition for this one.
0000000000's avatar
same
0000000000 4 years ago
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 4 years ago
Think i will wait to see the reviews of the DLC first. Im hoping that the next assassins creed will have a new character as well as i dont think i could put up with Connor for three more games god he was annoying. Would be nice to see a prequel though following Haythams character.
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 4 years ago
Hopefully the DLC will actually work, in the main game it seemed like every other mission had to be restarted due to a glitch of some kind, the most annoying been on one of the final missions where you chase a guy through the docks, it took me ages to do it, then he suddenly froze so I had to do it all over again.
Kizzy's avatar
Kizzy 4 years ago
I still need to complete Assassins Creed 3 :O
rick75fowler's avatar
rick75fowler 4 years ago
I yet to start revelations or should I just go straight for ac3 and the dlc? This new looks really good as well arghhhh to many games and wanna get trough the assassins creed backlog
Robichoico's avatar
I skipped Revelations and missed nothing. 3 even gives you a handy flashback too.
Robichoico 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
I eventually dug in and completed Revelations. Yes, this is the 100% truth. No idea why I stuck with it, I got told it had a good ending, but the ending didn't explain anything good.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
I don't really remember the ending.... Only played it about a year ago so it can't have been that good.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
rick75fowler's avatar
rick75fowler 4 years ago
cheers robichoico mine revelations is still in its wrapper so prob just stay in it and get on with ac3 :)
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Have enjoyed all of the assassins creed's really. This one wasn't' too bad but had a real slow start. Kinda happy that they are doing this as episodic DLC rather than another spin off game. People complained about Brotherhood and revelations, and that they came out too soon. Will be interesting to see how they try to implement it into the story though with how things ended..
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Lol what? £8.99 per episode? And the thing is 3 episodes long I believe. £27 in total for this DLC? I'd rather they DID make a new game if they are gonna charge silly amounts like that. £8.99 for the entire set sounds more right
troublemaker's avatar
Depends of the length of the episodes surely? if they are 4-5 hours of content each, then I would say it's highly worth it for the £24 I paid for the season pass (plus the MP add-ons)
troublemaker 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
I think 23 GBP isn't too bad for 3 decent sized pieces of DLC. it's 1200 MSP for one piece of call of duty DLC, 1600 for Skyrim. So this is about right i reckon.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
24**
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Afrododger's avatar
Afrododger 4 years ago
Ooooh, and I do love me some AC3! Just wish it wouldn't crash every 5-10 mins on my PC :(
Steven 4 years ago
Looking forward to this, I'm interested to see how this story plays out. Good idea for DLC rather than just the usual extra skins for characters etc. seems recently like DLC is headed the way I've always imagined it should be, an almost episodic gaming experience.
Tim 4 years ago
I love me so alternate history stories man. I borrowed this game form my friend, and let him borrow DMC, and just like the other games AC3 was SO GOOD. Anymore reason to turn that game on is a good reason. Can't wait to see what Washington was really like.