Free Cyborg Ninja DLC with every copy of MGS: Revengeance

Konami has today announced that a free DLC pack that will accompany European versions of its Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

The game will be released on February 22, and Konami has announced that every copy will include a free DLC code to unlock a custom Cyborg Ninja body for use in the game. The design is based on Gray Fox from the original Metal Gear Solid, the Cyborg Ninja DLC not only allows users to assume the guise of the popular character, but it also allows players to use and upgrade the Fox Blade.

You can pre-order your copy of the game below.

Edited On 25 Jan, 2013

Comments
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Can't beat a bit of Gray Fox Nostalgia! Great that you can use/upgrade his sword too.
0000000000's avatar
agreed
0000000000 4 years ago
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
i think this is a nice lil freebe to be honest but as ive said since playing the demo i think ill just rent this 1 or wait until it drops to 20-25 quid
amd500's avatar
amd500 4 years ago
I am undecided on getting this after trying the demo. Will probably wait for some reviews first and try the demo a few more times to see if I get into it. Nice to have free DLC for a change aswell.
Not much of an incentive to buy.
This is a definite rental.
0000000000's avatar
same i think its going to be 65% cut scenes 35% game play
0000000000 4 years ago
Sounds about right going from the demo, and call me fussy but I like the main ingredient in a game to be gameplay.
0000000000's avatar
me too i love a good cutscene but every now and again not every 3 minutes
0000000000 4 years ago
I see your point but i'm more the opposite end I love a good cutscene that lasts 30min
iMerle iDixon's avatar
For me it depends on the game, Asura's wrath is pure cutscene but i loved it, Heavy Rain was heavy cutscene but the story was good, while from what I played of the demo, it was pure cutscene but didnt have a good story, nothing special was happening in the cutscenes and when you were out of cutscenes the gameplay itself was very one dimensional and gimmicky. May never pick this up TBH.
iMerle iDixon 4 years ago
Alan 4 years ago
Loved the Demo. Was very much not looking forward to a platinum games made Metal Gear but it surprised me. Demo did what it needed to. Let you have a play and not give too much away. DLC nice extra. Metal Gear has always loved its cut scenes. You love them or hate them. Only time it bugged me was Metal Gear 4 when a friend came round to see it in action only to have to sit through a 30 min cut scene. Now if they could just bring back Metal Gear Online....
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 4 years ago
Tried the demo and it didnt really grab me just didnt feel as though the combat was fast enough
iMerle iDixon's avatar
It would have really benefited from a roll IMO.
iMerle iDixon 4 years ago
iMacEagle's avatar
iMacEagle 4 years ago
I knew that Platinum games can't delivery a good Metal Gear game.They never have done a good game.When I've seen first MGR video I was so happy.That first felt from Hideo kojima. But this is piece of s...t! This game is just average hack n' slash.Im a big fan of Metal gear games.But this should be called Raiden revengeance and not Metal gear Rising! Sorry for my English.English is my second language
Welcome i'm sure you and Kevin will get along just nicely
Kevins second language is English too ;)
Silly Billy's avatar
Why should Platinum get crap like this from Metal Gear fantards for making a 'bad' Metal Gear game, they made the game Kojima wanted, so if these fantards don't like it they should place the blame where it belongs, with Kojima.
Silly Billy 4 years ago
Datastatic's avatar
Datastatic 4 years ago
I dont care that its a MGS game. I do care that it is a Platinum game who so far have a perfect record. Bayonetta 2 is something I would buy a Wii U for, although I will eat my joypad if it's not gone multi platform by this time next year.
Silly Billy's avatar
You should put that joypad to marinate right now then, it'll be a lot easier to swallow after a year of softening up.
Silly Billy 4 years ago
Robichoico's avatar
Nintendo is publishing Bayonetta 2 I believe. It was that or not get Bayonetta 2 at all.
Robichoico 4 years ago
Datastatic's avatar
Nintendo have also published things like Ridge Racer so we will so how that works out.
Datastatic 4 years ago
They are funding it as well though this time, and I'm sure Wii U exclusivity will have been part of the deal.
Coolsambob's avatar
Coolsambob 4 years ago
Buggery, wasn't too interested in this after the demo, but now, I kinda am. I'm such a whore for nostalgia
LFC Bywater's avatar
I think most people are whores for it :P companies know this and know that it sells. Nice that that they are doing this for free though.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
I just cancelled my order for this and got the collectors Alien cm. might see if I can sneak this past the other half too..
LFC Bywater's avatar
Good luck with that bud, they find everything
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Only reason for me to get is it's Platinum doing it. But even with them behind I cannot justify a full price on this. But that collectors edition with the Raiden Playarts is so so tempting. I'm a sucker for exclusive figures
rick75fowler's avatar
rick75fowler 4 years ago
the game does look rather mental never played any of the others so this will be my first game like this i rather like the look of those cut scenes as well,i feel i get more into the game having those in.also to have dlc included is always nice to have so i be happy just hope it lives upto the hype its getting.
LFC Bywater's avatar
This is nothing like any of the others, the others are all stealthy and hiding in lockers and stuff, this is run and slash with loooooads of cutscenes. will enjoy it though if thats you're kinda thing.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
It's nothing like the others as the others have guns and htis is all swords. Stealth v action. But the cutscenes have been massive in every game. MGS1 had loads of cutscenes, as did MGS2 and MGS3. MGS4 was an amazing amount of cutscenes. They were still brilliant games.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Kizzy's avatar
Kizzy 4 years ago
Oh wow! Defo using that costume, it looks awesome! :D
Gummy's avatar
Gummy 4 years ago
Okay, that's pretty cool. A little overly shiny maybe, bust still very sound. This is for the EU version only though? It's nice to get extras, but it seems a bit unfair on the other regions.At least it's just a ski they're missing out on.
AlisterCat's avatar
AlisterCat 4 years ago
It's strange that they've announced this so late! Shouldn't they have tried to appease rabid MGS fans earlier by saying that you'd get this?
ashmanmosh's avatar
ashmanmosh 4 years ago
This is great news! Free DLC is always good and being it Gray Fox armour is that much more awesome! Trip down memory lane it is :-D
Tim 4 years ago
So they're just trying to give you MORE reasons to get this game? Action game developed by Platinum is already selling me. Mixing in the MG franchise is just icing on the cake. So now free DLC? DONE and DONE.