Latest Charts, w/e Jan 27: Black Ops 2 returns to the top

DMC: Devil May Cry is no longer this week's number one, as Black Ops 2 returns to the top followed by FIFA 13 in second and Far Cry 3 in third.

The good news for Capcom is that it does manage to land in fourth place, thanks to the PC version arriving.

Other that this, it seems like normal service has pretty much resumed with Assassin's Creed 3, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, Just Dance 4, Football Manager 2013, Skyrim and Hitman: Absolution making up the rest of the top ten.

Check out the chart below.

Top 40 All Format Charts - w/e Jan 27

17. DISHONORED - BETHESDA SOFTWORKS
  18. FORZA MOTORSPORT 4 - MICROSOFT
  19. FORZA HORIZON - MICROSOFT
  20. BORDERLANDS 2 - TAKE 2
  21. MEDAL OF HONOR: WARFIGHTER - ELECTRONIC ARTS
  22. GRAND THEFT AUTO IV - TAKE 2
  23. PAPER MARIO STICKER STAR - NINTENDO?
  24. DEAD ISLAND GOTY EDITION - KOCH MEDIA
  25. GRAN TURISMO 5 ACADEMY EDITION - SONY COMPUTER ENT.???
  26. ANGRY BIRDS TRILOGY - ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
  38. SONIC GENERATIONS - SEGA
  39. THE SIMS 3 - ELECTRONIC ARTS
  40. LEGO HARRY POTTER: YEARS 5-7 - WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE

UKIE?Games Charts, compiled by GfK Chart-Track

Edited On 28 Jan, 2013

Comments
this chart makes me sad... putting that load of crap at the top its totally undeserved (in my opinion) cod got boring years ago so its only top on loyal fan base not on how great a game it is :( probs gonna get some stick for this lol
Shep _1 1 year ago
Got to agree, the British gaming scene is a sad state of affairs.
Gloria 1 year ago
Ok? now what in the name of all that is holy in gaming is Medal of Honor Warfighter doing on this list. I really don't get people sometimes
Loli-Nox-Tan 1 year ago
Disappointing. I currently have DMC on rental and it's no where near as bad as people are making it out to be. It's a little saddening to see 2 yearly iterations topping it in the charts.
troublemaker 1 year ago
DmC is awesome i love it!
Shep _1 1 year ago
Are people marking it out as bad? I've only ever heard good things about it, bar the 'whitehaireddanteneverdie' fanbase to begin with. I went back on it as I couldn't be bothered starting a new game, just to try the harder difficulties and try and smash some previous levels in quicker times. Brilliant game, glad it's 4th.
DynamiteWhyte 1 year ago
I have played the demo through a good number of times and i think it is simply amazing. The people hating are probably the same people who were kicking off about dante not having white hair anymore...
LFC Bywater 1 year ago
I'm not a fan of demos so I left this alone. However, the game is amazing and it's once you start getting all your weapons and being able to string better combos together on higher difficulties where it comes to light.
DynamiteWhyte 1 year ago
DMC is a great game. I never played the originals but it is hella fun. Shame it didnt stay up there for too long. Although glad to see FC3 getting the love! Getting me pumped for Bayonetta 2!
TOM 1 year ago
This is the future of gaming, it is always a disappointment to see COD still at the top.. i get why but i just wish those people would try something other than Fifa and COD
Pyroloveridge 1 year ago
People complaining about FIFA/COD at the top is just...meh. People do try other games apart from FIFA/COD, it's just the fact that these games have the replayability and brilliant multiplayer that they can easily be picked up by everyone to play at any time. Glad FIFA is still picking up pace.
DynamiteWhyte 1 year ago
I'm not complaining exactly, I'm not a massive fan personally but in my experience of the people i work with, 90% of the people who own a console only play COD and FIFA which is where i get the basis for my comment. however i understand why, they are both very good games just to pick up and play for short periods of time which essentially is perfect for the non hardcore.
Pyroloveridge 1 year ago
I don't understand how COD can still be top a this time each year, who wants it buit doesn't already have it? And for there to be enough of those for it to reach number one is crazy.
iMerle iDixon 1 year ago
Aye, I don't really understand this either. Especially with christmas passed. But then again, it could be a console package people are picking up and PS3/XBOXs are selling well still.
DynamiteWhyte 1 year ago
DMC seems to have bombed at retail. Guess the nostalgia junkies got their wish after all. Shame, it seemed like Ninja Theory really put the work in on the game and the reviews have been good... but some just refused to get past the new look Dante and overhauled game engine.
PrometheusFan 1 year ago
It's not really the new look it is the new attitude (at least for me)
Loli-Nox-Tan 1 year ago
His DmC attitude is basically the same as his Devil May Cry 3 attitude. Which basically sold Dante as a complete badass.
DynamiteWhyte 1 year ago
I wouldn't call knocking FIFA and BLOPS 2 off the top, even for only one week, bombing.
You have such a negative attitude, must be horrible to think like that all the time
Silly Billy 1 year ago
Well, that's rich coming from you Davey, but regardless, DMC has not been a big seller anywhere, and yes, I would have liked to see it do well as I have a lot of time for Ninja Theory.
PrometheusFan 1 year ago
To be fair. The people who buy COD and Fifa were never gonna buy one of the good games out there. Still makes one sad when you see it. I dread to think what Ni No Kuni will sell.
Robichoico 1 year ago
I don't get this? I play FIFA and buy my fair stake in games. My mates do the same too.
DynamiteWhyte 1 year ago
I meant the ones who buy COD and/or Fifa and that lasts them the year. Sorry if it was a little confusing
Robichoico 1 year ago
I have all cods since 3 and mosts fifas but I have ni no kuni we edtion orderded I love jrpgs and mmos I play mostly everything I dont limit myself just because I like cod and fifa doesnt mean I dont like playing other great games!
stephen james 1 year ago
I play cod and fifa alot, but i also buy and play games like Darksiders, Dead island, even viva pinata. Can't really stereotype peopel just because they enjoy Cod and fifa
LFC Bywater 1 year ago
35: THE SIMS 3: 70S 80S 90S STUFF - ELECTRONIC ARTS Kill me this is not even an expansion is it just fake clothes / furniture......wow. ”
stephen james 1 year ago
Just noticed Paper Mario: Sticker Star there. Surprising since it aint been near the charts in some time.
Robichoico 1 year ago
not nearly as good as the other paper mario I have been told :)
stephen james 1 year ago
I heard that too from just about everyone I know that's played it. First title in the series I won't be buying personally.
PrometheusFan 1 year ago
I'd love to see just how many copies DMC sold. I personally love the game and think it is the best one but so many people have said they will never play it. It really is their loss though. It would be a shame to see the game do badly because of a few bitter fans that can not accept change.
Akira_Tenshi 1 year ago
Cannot believe people crave this Black Ops 2 game so much. It has little personality or shows anything in the way of innovation. The Zombie mode is an apt one in this game; it mirrors (and mocks) its audience! ;)
Barada 1 year ago