Dead Space 3 launch trailer arrives

EA has released the launch trailer for Dead Space 3, entitled 'Take Down the Terror.' It's perhaps not accompanied by the soundtrack that you would expect, since we don't imagine you'll be playing this song when locked in a dark room with EA's action/horror fest.

Either way, watch the trailer below.

Dead Space 3 arrives next week, you can pre-order your copy from ShopTo by clicking this link.

Edited On 28 Jan, 2013

Comments
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
This looks fantastic
0000000000's avatar
does looks brill but ive got to get through number 2 before i get this 1!
0000000000 4 years ago
Barada's avatar
Got to play the rest of the original before I even buy 2 and 3! ;)
Barada 4 years ago
Ha I laughed at the Kinect plug at the end
0000000000's avatar
the kinect features are laughable
0000000000 4 years ago
iMerle iDixon's avatar
I played the Demo and i didn't even notice any Kinect features.
iMerle iDixon 4 years ago
the less we notice of them the better.
Rachael 4 years ago
rick75fowler's avatar
rick75fowler 4 years ago
It's looking way better than the last one for me anyway so I shall be buying it,no sure about the kinect tho it might work for gamers who like that sort of thing as a addon hope it's scary
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Looks like it could be good. Although considering what that dude does, surely by now he should be better equipped than just his plasma cutter? I also laughed at the Kinect announcement. What's the point?
iMerle iDixon's avatar
I haven't played much of either one or two, but The plasma cutter was the perfect weapon for this type of game, it added to the horror it wouldn't be the same if you were running around with a Gatling gun, but when I played the demo it seemed that the other bigger weapons are the way to go, with dismemberment taking a back seat.
iMerle iDixon 4 years ago
troublemaker's avatar
I get that. And as a tension builder, a handgun with a low ROF was perfect. My thought was purely down to story. If you had gone through all of what happened in the first two games, would you just bring your work tools with you for round 3? :)
troublemaker 4 years ago
Looks OK, wasn't over impressed with the last one though, so will rent it for now and maybe pick it up when it's cheaper.
Afrododger's avatar
Afrododger 4 years ago
After playing the demo and seeing some flaws (like being able to aim and run faster than walking through snow) as well as the ease of gameplay thanks to modding weapons, it just doesn't seem as challenging as the earlier incarnations. What ever happened to using mining tools as weapons eh? I think I'll give this one a miss, or maybe just pick it for very cheap later down the line.
yoda soldier's avatar
Yeah i found that weird that he struggles in the snow but as soon as you pull the gun out he is like the flash :)
yoda soldier 4 years ago
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 4 years ago
I think im going to wait for a price drop on this one.
Steven 4 years ago
As much as I really enjoyed the demo for this I've barely started the first 2 dead space games so can't justify buying this at full price on release. I'll maybe wait a few months till it drops in price (hopefully by that time I might have finished the first 2 as well).
fusearts's avatar
fusearts 4 years ago
Can't wait enough for this game!
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
I'm not a fan of the inclusion of human enemies and the gunfighting such an inclusion has brought with it, but it seems everything else about the game is as it should be, so I'll bite sooner or later I guess.
LFC Bywater's avatar
you'll bite it? what it ever do to you?? :P Yeh i was a bit off put by the Human enemies, but the game as a whole seems solid anyway.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
AlisterCat's avatar
Yeah... when I was playing the demo I was mostly on board but then when I was asked to shoot humans with guns (and necros with guns... come on) they lost me. I'm a huge fan though so I'll still give it a go.
AlisterCat 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Very interesting choice of music for the trailer lol, Game seems good, can't believe it comes out next week, better get saving up.
Rachael 4 years ago
Love the look of this game, looks scary though. I will be playing it single player only as i think the co op takes the fright out of the game which is the main selling point for me
da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 4 years ago
Played the demo the other week. I'm really not sure what to make of it. I just didn't feel that nail-biting tension that I loved so dearly in Dead Space. And whilst I accept that adding a multiplayer seems to be a must in games (I'm guessing to clamp down on people selling on their games), I don't see it as being the right fit for this. Still, I hope the few technical niggles and resolved and the reviews prove me wrong.
Akira_Tenshi's avatar
Akira_Tenshi 4 years ago
Strange song choice lol. I can't wait for this game though big Dead Space fan.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Wasn't this series a Survival Horror? Last time I checked it was. This does not look like one at all. Seems they needed to go with a more generic style for it to appeal to more people. Kinda like Resi 6 The fact they are adding stuff like Microtransactions into the game makes me very worried about it.
Probably sell gangbusters though! DS2 took some of the survival out of the game. DS1 was much harder in that sense. EA powering more games to the masses! DS1 started with such promise aswell.
TOM 4 years ago
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
Played the demo myself... and I am worried. I'm worried as it seems it could be too action orientated and have lost the chapter progression that the first and second ones had. I also didnt like shooting human beings. I should be attack Necro's in a dark dingey hole, not another man in the middle of a big ice rink!
AlisterCat's avatar
AlisterCat 4 years ago
I have long felt the best part of Dead Space, and it's legacy, is the UI design. It's all in game, and very few games have done that, and still don't do that. Even the timer in multiplayer during 2 appeared on displays in the environment. As long as Dead Space has that I'll still like it. The scares are nice and even if 3 is lacking it'll still be stylish.
Bhamkeyx's avatar
Bhamkeyx 4 years ago
I checked out the demo, which was really good. If i'm not mistaking you can play Dead Space 3 co-op single player. This games looks great, hopefully I will be able to get into this one more than I did with the first one. I have not tried the second one yet, even though I have purchased it, I don't feel the erdge to play it very much, would you guys recommend me to play through Dead Space 2, before purchasing Dead Space 3?
AlisterCat's avatar
Dead Space 2 is a good game. Mechanically very similar to the first, and doesn't have the weapon crafting you played in the DS3 demo. It is a very creepy game and not too long. You can skip the multiplayer though. The story stuff isn't essential since I'm sure they will recap but it is worth seeing if you enjoy the universe.
AlisterCat 4 years ago
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
What I liked about the first game was the tight corridors, the claustrophobic feel, and the jump scares were good, and the atmos was great. This is all action and set pieces. I'm hoping this goes the same way as Resi 6 and gets slammed, and hopefully the next DS game (if there is one) goes back to what made Dead Space so loved in the first place.
AlisterCat's avatar
EA have been quoted as saying rediculous stuff such as Dead Space not being a viable franchise unless it sells, like, 10million units. Which it just won't do. Expect this to sell OK but EA wants exploitable franchises and although these are good, solid games they don't make up the numbers EA wants.
AlisterCat 4 years ago
It will not sell 10 milliosn units, in an ideal world it would, but i cannot see it getting close to this. EA are all about the money, and this just proves it.
Rachael 4 years ago
TOM 4 years ago
Still unsure... I like DS2 and DS1, but DS2 felt like a slog towards the end did anyone else think that?
ashmanmosh's avatar
ashmanmosh 4 years ago
This trailer is EPIC! Looks amazing! Can't wait to co-op the hell out of this :-) Looking forward to finding out if co-op takes away the scares (I'm hoping it doesn't)