Killzone Mercenary info incoming

It seems like Killzone Mercenary may be getting ready for some kind of reveal this week according to rumblings across the internet, although it may not be the only PS Vita title set to emerge.

Polish Magazine PSX has posted up some solid information on the PS Vita version of Killzone and it sounds fantastic.

According to the mag, the Engine in Mercenary is nearly 1:1 from PS3 version, with the mag clearly stating that the "Game is gorgeous, with clear, crispy textures and big draw distances." The magazine even adds that Mercenary is like a "portable Killzone 3, looking better than Uncharted: Golden Abyss."

Now that sounds promising.

Given that the magazine is posting this preview now, we'd expect a lot more information to come out both from Sony and other outlets later this week. In fact our sources tell us that Sony has been showing off quite a few PS Vita titles recently, so don't be surprised if the handheld gets some long deserved attention in the coming weeks.

Edited On 28 Jan, 2013

Comments
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
The reveal ad for KZ:Merc was what finally convinced me to pony up and get my Vita. If it's half as good as the trailer, and takes decent advantage of the touch panels, it could be the game that defines all other action games on the Vita.
Only worry is mate, COD was awful on Vita. Worst thing I have played for years. KZ2 was a good game (with some flaws) hoping to have something fun to play on my vita...its been a while!
TOM 4 years ago
troublemaker's avatar
True. There are no words to describe just how bad Black Ops was on Vita. But it was made by the guys that made the equally terrible Resistance: Burning Skies. So long as Nihilistic isn't making it, i think it'll be great. Sony has a pretty big franchise with Killzone. after resistance was screwed up, I don't think (read: hope they won't allow) another franchise to go down the pan!
troublemaker 4 years ago
Steven 4 years ago
I hope this is really good because at the minute the range of titles available for purchase & preorder is waaaaay to small for me to consider buying a Vita.
troublemaker's avatar
There are definitely a few good'ns out there. But a fair amount of pap too. I most definitely recommend Little Big Planet PSV, it's a great title and at home on the Vita. Wipeout, Uncharted and Mortal Kombat are all excellent games for it. But I do agree that there is a distinct lack of top end titles
troublemaker 4 years ago
iMerle iDixon's avatar
Agreed with the lack of titles, but it'll take off eventually I can't see Sony leaving such an expensive piece of kit die.
iMerle iDixon 4 years ago
AlisterCat's avatar
Persona 4 Golden is reason enough for anyone to get a Vita. I've put 280 hours in to it, and that's enough to justify the price tag.
AlisterCat 4 years ago
Robichoico's avatar
Not a reason if you don't like RPGs or are daunted by them. I think Persona 4 I played more than any other Vita game. So it probably is the best title on the system (excluding PS1 ports) but it hardly feels like any sort of accomplishment :/
Robichoico 4 years ago
troublemaker's avatar
Well said. While I try a bit of everything. A 280 hour RPG is kind of against the reason I bought a vita. And I'm not much of an RPG fan so I couldn't justify it.
troublemaker 4 years ago
AlisterCat's avatar
Well, if Persona isn't for you then a Vita isn't a good purchase. They might change my mind at E3 but I doubt it. This doesn't seem like it'll be the killer app that makes people rush out and buy one.
AlisterCat 4 years ago
troublemaker's avatar
Persona is not really my thing. But with the vita being a portable, it's use for me is primarily train journeys, quiet times at work and sititng on the khazi! :) An RPG doesn't, at least for me, fit into any of those catagories. I would rather a game like LBP, Mortal Kombat or Wipeout for those situations. I've had my Vita a few months, and even without Persona, I get plenty of use out of it and I love it
troublemaker 4 years ago
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 4 years ago
I keep looking at getting a vita but there is not enough games i want. Hope this is a must have then maybe ill pick one up.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
This is looking very promising. Seems it's going to have a proper campaign mode as well, so none of that mission based rubbish CoD tried to pass off as a campaign on Vita thankfully.
da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 4 years ago
Excited for this release. I have a Vita and I think it's a great piece of kit, but it's sorely in need of some top-level titles. I think Uncharted and Assassin's Creed have been strong releases, but it still needs one that really shows everything the hardware can do, and enter the public consciousness. Given the buzz around Killzone, I feel it might be the first game to do this. Now, let's get us some Bioshock on Vita please!
Akira_Tenshi's avatar
Akira_Tenshi 4 years ago
I hope this game is good, Vita needs some good games.
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
The Vita needs a miracle
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
Silly Billy's avatar
More than one really.
Silly Billy 4 years ago
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Not something I'd go near. I don't like generic FPS games. But excellent for those with a Vita who were disappointed by Resistance and COD
I think that was everyone! ;)
TOM 4 years ago
amd500's avatar
amd500 4 years ago
Looking forward to hearing more information.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
Vita definately needs more games announced especailly Vita exclusives and not ports of games on other systems.
Hope Sony can manage better than that, or it really will be the end for the Vita.
PrometheusFan's avatar
You're right, that should beg Ubisoft to release system selling masterpiece ZombiU on it. That'll save it for sure.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
ashmanmosh's avatar
ashmanmosh 4 years ago
I have been waiting for some info on this game for what seems like forever! Really looking forward to this! The current FPS' on vita are a little lacking