GRID 2 video talks handling and physics

Codemasters has released a new video for GRID 2, in which motoring journalist Chris Harris hits Brands Hatch in a McLaren MP4-12cs, while also getting an insight on how the handling and physics of this super car are recreated in-game.

Check out the video below.

Edited On 28 Jan, 2013

Comments
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
i thought GRID was a wasted opportunity a game that had so much un forfilled potential! BUT im hoping they make this the game it could be and its 100% 1 to keep an eye on! its a tough market with forza and i say need 4 speed even though the latest 1 was shocking!
troublemaker's avatar
I'm inclined to agree. But having played this at EG last year, it's definitely targeted at the arcade racer marked. Less the GT5 and Forza players, and more the NFS players. I never played GRID (which opened me up to a lot of abuse from friends) but I'm very excited for 2
troublemaker 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
I loved Grid when it originally came out, like how to kinda just had to throw you're car around the corner rather than it having realistic physics like forza.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Rachael 4 years ago
By the look of that trailer, they have made it out like Forza is, if i wanted to play Forza i'd play Forza. I liked Grid how it was before, Will have to wait and see what the other trailer show me when they are released.
dr.sanchez's avatar
dr.sanchez 4 years ago
Wasn't too keen on the handling on GRID myself, felt like Codemasters were trying to go halfway between realistic & arcade racer and just never quite achieved either in the end. I hope GRID 2's handling is more in the style of Dirt Showdown for example, which I thought was pretty much perfect in my view.
Silly Billy's avatar
Only one game ever got the balance between sim and arcade just right, PGR 2, such a shame they could never get it right again.
Silly Billy 4 years ago
Simon 4 years ago
This is looking sick!
Barada's avatar
Barada 4 years ago
There aren't enough driving games, we need more! Many more sequels, I'm sure there is something or some car we haven't seen do something unusual, in a daft location somewhere. Has to be?
WoodySteW's avatar
WoodySteW 4 years ago
Now that is what I call dedicated developers! to have gone to that much effort to ensure that the game physics are almost spot on with the real world is incredible! One step at a time to creating games that are sure to look and feel almost as if you are looking through a window (to be honest, i started watching the video thinking 'bloody hell these graohics are superb!' and then realised that it was actually a life video lmao!!!) ............. Sure to hear great reviews from this game when it gets released.