New Bioshock Infinite trailer arrives

2k Games has today released a new video for Bioshock Infinite in which it explains more about the floating city of Columbia.

There is no gameplay on show, however this undoubtably has Bioshock Infinite written all over it.

Excited yet?

Edited On 28 Jan, 2013

Comments
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Having just finished Bioshock 1 (to my endless shame) i'm very excited for this!
AlisterCat's avatar
AlisterCat 4 years ago
I love that they are trying to ground their nonsense in history. Gives it a sense of style and class that it wouldn't have if they just put out a trailer and said "Ooooh, steampunk!"
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
I feel bad that I cannot get excited for this game. It looks fun and all but I hated Bioshock 2. And I'm also pretty damn tired of American themed games too. Maybe I'll get it on release. Likely I'll wait till it's cheap.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Yeah, I don't have sound at work :(
Gummy's avatar
Gummy 4 years ago
I just finished the multiplayer grind for the Bioshock 2 platinum trophy yesterday, so I'm kinda Bioshocked-out. At least that means by the time my excitement comes back it'll be going cheap. :) I recommend playing Adam Grab if you're going for the mp trophies. Also, if people didn't already know, they're releasing Bioshock 1 & 2 together with DLC on the one disc very soon. It's called the Rapture Edition and it's a great price. Worth picking up if you wanted to catch up on the series. Brilliant games, especially the first one.
Robichoico's avatar
I did that not long after the game launched. Bioshock becoming my very first Platinum. How was it for you? Took me just over a weekend I think.
Robichoico 4 years ago
Silly Billy's avatar
People still play Bioshock 2 multiplayer?
Talk about gluttons for punishment.
Silly Billy 4 years ago
Pyroloveridge's avatar
i just couldn't do it, kudos to you
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
Gummy's avatar
The first one was a pretty enjoyable platinum to pick up...I think it was my third one, so pretty close to you. Haha, yeah. It wasn't the most fun of experiences. xD Too many folks who have the elephant gun/crossbow head shots off to a talent. Very annoying when you first start out. It gets more enjoyable as you hit the later levels at least. The nail gun is surprisingly fun once you get the hang of it.
Gummy 4 years ago
A2GMAN's avatar
A2GMAN 4 years ago
i hae played both bioshock 1 and 2. and this might be one of the games that will top both.
stephen james 4 years ago
Must resist watching........ argh help!
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Gunna try and stop myself watching aswell, one game that i wanna stay away from all videos and for it just to be a huge surprise for me when i buy it,
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
right somebody tell me straight now i cant have both of these do i get this or gears of war... advice please save me! i love bioshock but i love gears and my misses is being selfish :( lol
Robichoico's avatar
Bioshock. Easily
Robichoico 4 years ago
0000000000's avatar
what im edging towards!
0000000000 4 years ago
Akira_Tenshi's avatar
Akira_Tenshi 4 years ago
Can't wait for this game!
da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 4 years ago
Looks like Infinite will redeem the series after the rather disappointing and repetitive Bioshock 2 (apologies to its fans, but it just didn't do the first justice in my opinion). Being a HUGE steampunk fan probably doesn't hurt the prospects for this latest outing. One of my top five most anticipated games of the year. Also intrigued by the PSMove implementation, might have to drop my regular choice of Xbox for this series :)
Silly Billy's avatar
No need to apologize, you are right, 2 wasn't a patch on the first, and whoever decided to add multiplayer to it needs shooting.
Silly Billy 4 years ago
Aye, everything about this is like bringing me back to the amazing atmosphere of the first. Something I feel 2 lost, due to it being samey...
TOM 4 years ago
This is putting me in the mood to go play through the first again :P
Rachael 4 years ago
dr.sanchez's avatar
dr.sanchez 4 years ago
I just hope that all the delays that have been happening over the last few months will all be worth it in the end. I can't imagine Bioshock Infinite being any more disappointing than Bioshock 2 was, especially as its being developed by Irrational and not some other team who don't know what to do with the IP, but the long wait has started to dwindle my initial excitement for it. Hope I'm proved wrong when its finally released.
Bhamkeyx's avatar
Bhamkeyx 4 years ago
Can't wait for this game. I enjoyed playing through Bioshock 2, from what people say, the first one is better, so I definitley need to purchase Bioshock 1 before getting Bioshock Infinite.
PrometheusFan's avatar
If you're thinking of buying Infinite on PC or PS3, Shopto are giving away free downloadable copies of the first game with every pre-order of Infinite now. Got my code a couple of days ago, great bonus. Also, it's worth getting the Minerva's Den DLC for Bioshock 2 if you haven't already, as it adds a really excellent second single player story onto the game.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
I cant say I'm looking forward to this game anymore than I was before watching(not that I was looking forward to it anyway), but there's no denying that was a cool trailer
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Very much looking forward to this, even if it is about a year late. I can forgive Levine though if he pulls it off like he did with the first game.
James26's avatar
James26 4 years ago
Really looking forward to this. I just picked up the first two to play through before this drops......I'll feel like I'm cheating the system if I get Infinite without playing 1 & 2 first.
Steven 4 years ago
I think this is a little too late, dishonoured has more than filled the gap for me. I found bio shock 2 repetitive and not as good as 1 so part of me is giving a warning for more of the same. I'll probably wait until the price drops in a few months and be sure and check out plenty of reviews!
Steven 4 years ago
Simon 4 years ago
Still need to finish Bioshock 1&2! I like them but.. they feel dated now. This looks immense.
It because they are old so they will feel dated :P
Rachael 4 years ago
Tim 4 years ago
So i'm not a big FPS fan at all, but the first Bioshock blew my mind. The game was so fun, the world interesting and the story compelling. I was hooked so fast. Bioshock Infinite has had my attention for so long and with every new detail released it just seems to be better and better. With that, this trailer makes me want it even more. Mixing history with some neo-steampunk alternate reality with magic and man-made monsters is just the coolest thing in the world.
WoodySteW's avatar
WoodySteW 4 years ago
WOW! That story looks incredible! I loved that image of the statues holding keys to people in the water as if they were machine guns .... shows just what kind of ideologies there were in that time. Youve got to love the style of Bioshock, that 50s steam punk style really does look epic and that GUN! I would pay any amount of money for that !!!! There arent many games that can match up to the style of Bioshock (except maybe Dishonoured/Dishonored) which makes it such an impulse buy with the lust of these games......................... I've been waiting a while for this to get released, and to see trailer after trailer just builds up the suspense even more! They really thought well about how to advertise their games because that advert was really well put together. JUST HURRY AND GET RELEASED!