Blue PS3 Slim now available for pre-order

Looking for something a little different in terms of the PS3? Then you may want to consider the new 500GB Azurite Blue PS3 Slim, which is now available for pre-order on ShopTo.

This PS3 Slim is just like the others, except it comes in a sweet Blue shade, with matching controllers.

You can pre-order your console now in time for its February 20 release.

Edited On 29 Jan, 2013

Comments
AlisterCat's avatar
AlisterCat 4 years ago
It looks good in that promo shot but I can't see that shade of blue looking good in real life, sitting next to my TV. Black all the way.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
If the controller is anything to go by, it is very good looking. The blue version of the controller is much better than the red version too, as on the red one(That they've also released a ps3 in), the red lights shine through the plastic.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
James26's avatar
James26 4 years ago
Ah man......I want this SOOOOO bad but I think the missus would kill me if I sold the PS3 that she bought me and bought this instead!
Steven 4 years ago
Whilst this looks really nice I don't think it would fit in with most people's entertainment set ups which are mostly black. I wouldn't mind a controller in that colour, wonder if they'll be available separately?
Looks a bit tacky to me, I don't mind different colours with handhelds, as you can co-ordinate with them, but home consoles really are better just sticking with black or white, or maybe silver at a stretch.
da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 4 years ago
It looks okay, but I struggle to see it fitting in with most people's other electrical equipment. However, I can see it having a greater appeal to slightly younger gamers. Maybe that's even the idea behind it? Personally, I'd love to see a metallic red model.
Salvo's avatar
Salvo 4 years ago
The red one especially looks inviting, I'll probably pick that up if I have to replace my super-slim some day. All-black equipment really gets boring after a while. People seem to think that color doesn't go with black, well surprise! It does. It would only make it look nicer to have a color or two in your all black rig (as long as the colors other than black are compatible).
Gummy's avatar
Gummy 4 years ago
It looks far cheaper in blue for some reason, especially the controller. It'll probably look better when the machine is out in front of you, but that shot doesn't seem to be doing it any favours. This alternate coloured consoles must sell pretty well though, else they wouldn't keep bringing them out.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
The blue one looks very nice in person. I've had a few for different reasons, mainly so none go missing when you take them to others houses! But i'd rate it as Blue > White > Black > Red.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Gummy's avatar
The white super slim does look really slick from the shots. Hopefully they'll bring that one over here too. Must look pretty cool having all the different colours lined up.
Gummy 4 years ago
A2GMAN's avatar
A2GMAN 4 years ago
well i i think that the colour consoles. esp these ps3s will be a hit with some people.
Akira_Tenshi's avatar
Akira_Tenshi 4 years ago
A red one is coming to.
Carl-G's avatar
Carl-G 4 years ago
Darker blue would of been better i think + Shouldn't the PS3 be £149.99 by now? £249.99 is just to much really(i.e other high street shop prices) Or £179.99 for the 500GB version & £129.99 for the 12GB version. Oh well.
rick75fowler's avatar
rick75fowler 4 years ago
hmm i like the colour but i wouldnt have one it would stick out like a sore thumb in my living room defo nice to see differant colours tho.
inspector 74's avatar
inspector 74 4 years ago
Im not a fan of the super slim but in Blue it looks quite tasty I think
inspector 74's avatar
inspector 74 4 years ago
Im not a fan of the super slim but in Blue it looks quite tasty I think
Simon 4 years ago
It's a good price, shame they're not offering a variety of colours.
shiny miller's avatar
Not a good price when you realise how much more expensive it is than a black one.
shiny miller 4 years ago
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Not a good colour for a piece of eletronics like that.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Nice. You get two controllers now. Not a fan of the colour tho. Sad when you look at all of the others Japan gets like the Final Fantasy or One Piece consoles. Those looked far better. (Still kinda wish I got the gold One Piece one.)
Glennb's avatar
Glennb 4 years ago
Really do not like the new PS3 dont know why sony did not keep to the slims, gonna stick to my slim :-)
ashmanmosh's avatar
ashmanmosh 4 years ago
Sony really are trying rinse the ps3 as much as possible before the announcement of 4/Orbis, it's mad how many variants they've actually released! However I REALLY want the MGR:R Zan Datsu limited ps3, shame it's Japan exclusive :-(
Rachael 4 years ago
I have literally just got a Black one. Wish i had held off a bit for this, would have gone nice with my white tv stand. Blue ps4 from release please?
WoodySteW's avatar
WoodySteW 4 years ago
That blue is a lovely colour, it's just a shame it is on the new slim PS3. I am a Sony fan all the way but i think the old slim (320gb) looks so much better than this new 500gb one. in my opinion it looks kind of like an aeroplane hanger .... with the zig-zag roof and a cieling that slides open! But for those who find it really nice or just want the 500gb system (for downloading games, music, movies, pictures etc) then it looks like a really good way to go about buying it. However, i dont understand why Sony are releasing all these new consoles when on February the 20th (2013) they are going to announce some huuuuuge news to do with 'The Future of Gaming' ....... surely that is gonna be the PS4 FINALLY revealed?! either way, colour is nice although not to my preffered PS3 style and a good buy if you want to upgrade your hardware? Fingers crossed for some amazing tech on its way :D
Barada's avatar
Barada 4 years ago
I find the only part of the living room that properly matches is the electronic black hole in the corner! Never really considered any colour than black - I know the original Wii didn't play nice and was released white, stood out like a Wii!
Bhamkeyx's avatar
Bhamkeyx 4 years ago
I don't know why these new coloured/sized consoles are being released when Playstation 4 is around the corner. It would have been better for the sales to have them released much earlier. I hope with the new console, they will release the slim version quickly, and not have too many consoles with ranging memory size (50GB, 100GB,500GB,ect..) Make one large memory size (500GB). In terms of colours, it is just an add on, something extra which is not necessary but it is a nice touch, but this option should have been available eariler, now most playstation gamers have a PS3, there is no need to purchase another one just for the colour.