Soul Sacrifice dated for this May

Sony has announced that?PlayStation Vita exclusive Soul Sacrifice launches in Europe on Wednesday May 1.

The action role-playing game is designed by former Capcom and Resident Evil mastermind developer Keiji Inafune.

In addition, Sony has announced that those who pre-order get in-game costumes, magic items and the Japanese voice-over pack.

"I'm excited that we are finally able to announce the release date of Soul Sacrifice," Inafune said. "I have put all my passion and soul into the game's concept and my talented team has made an incredible effort to create the best game it could ever be. I'm confident that we've created an extremely engaging game that you will enjoy playing.

"The game has become nothing like any other game with an original and deep world settings which could only be possible in a dark fantasy environment. I'm looking forward to you being able to experience the unique adventure of real heroism in Soul Sacrifice. Immerse yourself in the world of Soul Sacrifice and have fun playing it!"

Edited On 29 Jan, 2013

Comments
Simon 4 years ago
Ugh, March 7th release date for Japan... 2 months later... EU. Whyyyyy
Artemisthemp's avatar
Look on the bright side of things. It didn't take them 6 months to bring EU a game, that US had for 6 months and only difference is packing. Persona 4: Golden if you don't get my point
Artemisthemp 4 years ago
Datastatic's avatar
Its not hard to import these things you know.... You might even get a rubbish pointless 'skin' into the bargain.
Datastatic 4 years ago
PrometheusFan's avatar
Well, it IS a bit of a fair point in that Persona 4 is an Atlus game, and they are awful with European release parity, whereas Soul Sacrifice is a first party title, so a noteable release gap sticks out a bit. Then again, it's easy to forget Japanese made titles take longer to be localised for Europe. Gravity Rush was another one that took a while I think.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Datastatic's avatar
Its not really Atlus's fault. They didn't have a publisher for the UK so it was somewhat out of their hands for a while. My main point is there is no point complaining about delays. If you want something that badly just import it. Rangnarok (sp) Oddesey (sp again) is another one thats been out in America for time but you cant get here. There are also dozens of Japanese only titles you can import.
Datastatic 4 years ago
PrometheusFan's avatar
Oh, I know, I wasn't really meaning to complain about Atlus there, I'm well aware of why their releases are so late, I was just saying lengthy release gaps for games published by Sony themselves are a lot harder to understand. Also, I did import Persona 4 Golden... damned if I was going to wait six more months for it :p
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Datastatic's avatar
Did you get a rubbish pointless 'skin' too then?
Datastatic 4 years ago
PrometheusFan's avatar
No. Just got the regular version. That limited edition looked horrible.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Datastatic's avatar
It was.
Datastatic 4 years ago
Artemisthemp's avatar
I would import Ragnarock Oddesey was it not for the fact, that I can not download DLC for it. I am talking about Atlus always been 6 month to do a thing Sony/most company can do in 1-3 days
Artemisthemp 4 years ago
Alexander 4 years ago
This is great news! At least we are getting the game, there was part of me that thought I may have to import this one. Anyway... glad I invested in Vita just before xmas. It is paying off now with this and the announcement involving killzone mercenary. Joe, do we have an expected time frame for when we can pre-order this on shopto.net as i want make sure my copy with the pre-order dlc is confirmed. Thanks for this news!
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Looks like Monster Hunter... Will reserve judgement on this one until I see some more of it. But didn't get into Monster Hunter enough that I'm banging on the doors for the Wii U version. So doubt I'll care much for this. That reminds me. I want Dragon's Crown so much.
PrometheusFan's avatar
It's nothing like Monster Hunter... well, beyond the fact it's a third person multiplayer action game with big monsters at least, but lets face it, that's a description that fits a lot of games.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
So kind of like Dragon's Dogma then?
Rachael 4 years ago
PrometheusFan's avatar
Hmm... I guess it would be fair to say it's closer to Dragon's Dogma than Monster Hunter, yeah.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
I really enjoyed Dragon's Dogma so thats a plus.
Rachael 4 years ago
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
I'm looking forward to it as the Japanese demo was very nice, but what's this bizarre crap about the Japanese language audio being disguised as a pre-order bonus? If that's going to be in the game, it should just be in there, and even if there was no option for it at all no one was going to bat an eyelid... but this... this is just confusing :/
Rachael 4 years ago
Looks like a kind of Dragon's Dogma game to me, Which was funnily enough by capcom too, Will keep my eye out for it.
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
The game has become nothing like any other game with an original.....???? i hate it when they use that line!! i have not played many games in my 20 years of gaming that i can truly say that phrase is true about!
Originality is almost impossible these days, pretty much everything possible has already been done, so they just mix up some well used elements in to a combination that is rarely used and call it original.
Tim 4 years ago
always thought the game had the weird mixture of Asura's Wrath and Dragons Dogma. Which can only be awesome if you think about it that way. It looks interesting, always has, so i look forward to getting my hands on it. The soul related gameplay kind of makes me think of Blood Omen or Soul Reaver too. I like Soul Reaver so this game has my name written all over it.
WoodySteW's avatar
WoodySteW 4 years ago
Although i dont have a Vita, it would give me a reason to buy one eventually. That picture looks epic and definitely my style of gaming! shame that it is only for Vita- but like i said, gives me reason to get one. I would get one now but the problem is too little actual good games! they have all seemed to flop as they arrive...................... I love when developers get together and create a legendary game! which i am assuming tjis will be, dark fantasy with magic? i shall have to look deeper into this :D sounds a little dark soul-ish? anyone know what this one will be about? be great if someone could breifly explain :D