Defiance dated for PS3

Trion Worlds has today revealed that it'll release its online third person shooter, Defiance, on the PlayStation Network on April 3.

The game takes place in the San Francisco Bay Area and has players taking control of an Ark Hunter and hunting down precious arktech, taking down mutants and alien monsters, and, battling with and against hundreds of other PlayStation players in the arkfalls and Shadow Wars.

Check out the latest live action trailer below.

Edited On 30 Jan, 2013

Comments
rick75fowler's avatar
rick75fowler 4 years ago
Looks like thy took a few films and chuckec it all in nce vid tho,but woud rather they showed the game more after all thats we will be playing,defo interested in this only downside for me is its 3rd person will this be like dust 514 and eve tho?
Rachael 4 years ago
Enjoyed the trailer, but ive never been a huge fan of live action ones. The idea of the game sounds good but i wont make my mind up or anything until i see some quality gameplay videos.
And the mutant-y things look like spiderants from Borderlands :P
Rachael 4 years ago
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Am genuinely shocked they're still bringing this out AND that the TV show accompanying it is actually making it to air at last. What happened to the 360 and PC versions though? Have they just cancelled the disc version altogether (Which would not surprise me)?
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Xbox and pc ones still coming the trailer i saw showed the boxes for all 3 dont know why this article and video is ps3 only though. Here is the official website still has the others there as well http://defiance.com/en/pre-order/physical-editions/
Zombieflamingo 4 years ago
dr.sanchez's avatar
dr.sanchez 4 years ago
Please don't let this be another Brink!
Im with you on that one! while Brink was enjoyable it certainly did not live up to the hype. Worth the few quid you can get it for now though.
Rachael 4 years ago
ashmanmosh's avatar
ashmanmosh 4 years ago
I see a trailer for this 9/10 times I watch a video on youtube recently, and even though it's live action it seems like it could be quite an interesting game. I'll be keeping my eye on this
Tim 4 years ago
I've been following this for a while now. I'm a huge SyFy channel fan. Stargate, Warehouse, Eureka. The new stuff like Lost Girl and Continuum coming from Canada is good too. So this has been an ambitious idea for a while. Merging a third person shooter MMO and a TV show is gonna be hard to do. The game looks like a mix of Rage and Tabula Rasa, and i'm not much into MMOs so i most likely won't be getting it. HOWEVER the fact that the game will affect the show somehow and the show will interact with the game just blows my mind and i kind of want to know how. Guess i'll see when the time comes.
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
Online third person shooter? to be fair there just isn't enough of them lol
inspector 74's avatar
inspector 74 4 years ago
I really fancy this, I know its pretty generic and its nothing new and I wont be watching the show SyFy but something really floats my boat about this
Barada's avatar
Barada 4 years ago
Games like this could be revolutionary, but probably not. If you could somehow create a TV series story from the events within the gameplay, then you might be getting somewhere. Games like Planetside 2 have scope to create their own storylines and players are dictating where and when the action happens - right now, its too individual and chaotic to make sense of, like most multiplayer FPS are with limited goals and achievements. But what if a game had goals set over many days, weeks or months? A TV show could update viewers on what it happening, or what potential threats were upcoming. Idle thoughts..
I'd totally forgotten about this, it's an interesting concept, but I don't think it's going to amount to more than the odd scene filmed at the last minute where a couple of characters briefly talk about some event in the game for a minute or two, and it has no impact on the actual story. Or maybe they've got some scripted events planned to execute in the game to fit in with what happens in the show. I'll watch the show, looks like my sort of thing, not sure about the game though.