FUSE hit by delay

Remember FUSE? The game which looked promising then changed its look and was then hit by quite a lot of criticism? Oh and what about that box art? Well it's been delayed.

Unfortunately the game previously known as Overstrike didn't feature on EA's Q1 line-up in last night?s conference call, although Insomniac later confirmed the delay, revealing that it hopes the game will arrive between April and June this year.

Perhaps there is still hope for this one after all, we sure hope so because Insomniac is a pretty talented studio.

Edited On 31 Jan, 2013

Comments
da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 4 years ago
I have to confess, the original Overstrike trailer made me laugh (in an entertained way, not in a derisory manner), and the art direction helped it stand out from the mass of constantly-dark, hyper-realistic shooters. Since the change to Fuse, my interest has waned a little. Insomniac have a good pedigree but I feel far less enthusiastic about the project now. Still, I'll wait for the reviews and keep my hopes up :)
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
I was the same. Liked the look of Overstrike, but haven't been paying much attention to the game since it changed its name to Fuse, plus the boxart is just meh, definantely doesn't grab the casual market. Insomniac have faith though.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
dr.sanchez's avatar
dr.sanchez 4 years ago
Fuse? Oh that game that used to be called Overstrike and looked quite fun, but now looks just like any other generic shooter? 'Course I remember! :p Then again it could turn out to be another Binary Domain and be awesome.
Binary Domain was awesome?
Seemed very average to me.
inspector 74's avatar
Let us hope......I loved Binary Domain, criminally underated gameage right there
inspector 74 4 years ago
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Overstrike seemed like it could have been a fun title that played to Insomniac's strengths, but since it became 'Fuse' all signs have been pointing to EA interference turning it into something else entirely. Game is gonna bomb so hard and Insomniac will have been wasted over the past few years as a result :(
Maybe they are going to use the extra time to make some changes due to the lackluster reception the last video got.
inspector 74's avatar
inspector 74 4 years ago
DJH117's avatar
DJH117 4 years ago
Damn all these delays for games, it's getting beyond a joke.
A2GMAN's avatar
A2GMAN 4 years ago
somehow i think this game is probably going to take longer than usual. or it may be canslled somehow?
Barada's avatar
Barada 4 years ago
Maybe Insomniac are looking for ways to insert Ratchet and Clank into the game, somehow, after receiving a lacklustre response to the new title?
WoodySteW's avatar
WoodySteW 4 years ago
I started following this on my favourite gaming website, but when they changed the name, i didnt understand why (and still dont now?) ...... i hope they have followed the same principles as Overstrike and havent just changed the whole game, i was looking forward to it, but if they change too much then its excitement wasted over nothing. I'll keep an eye on this one and consider its value closer to the time of release. keep us updated ShopTo!