New Battlefield game confirmed by EA

Battlefield is a big franchise for EA, something which it mentioned last night during its investment call. Want the bigger and probably obvious news? EA will release a new Battlefield game next year.

Speaking during the investors call, EA labels president Frank Gibeau stated that the publisher "will be launching a Battlefield game next year," adding that it's "very excited to show you guys more detail on that coming soon."

We already know that Battlefield 4 is on the way, EA has announced as much and there is also news of a beta. So it sounds like this will be a 2014 game - perhaps Bad Company 3?

Excited or Over Saturation??

Edited On 31 Jan, 2013

Comments
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
yay another shooter lol... i think this time round battlefield will beat cod to be honest!
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
I thought Battlefield 4 had already be announced? COD hasnt been announced for this year yet has it? Which is unusual I presume everyone waiting for the new consoles to be announced first.
Robichoico's avatar
MW4 was leaked before Blops 2 was released lol.
Robichoico 4 years ago
da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 4 years ago
I'm really hoping it's Bad Company 3. Whilst I don't think they're quite as popular as the standard Battlefield titles (I could be wrong), I love the characters and need some resolution to BF:BC2's ending. It's probably a good call from EA, particularly given the slightly underwhelming CoD: BlOps II from Activision. I know the multiplayer still has an element of appeal but I feel the campaigns follow the same structure over and over.
CHRIS 4 years ago
I'm sure that they already announced Battlefield 4 for this year. Months ago, in-fact. This news article is... confusing, because it seems to acknowledge that, yet doesn't. EA did just cancel any near-future MoH game, so I imagine if there's a BF game 'next year', it'll be Danger Close doing Bad Company. Or just MoH '15. With that said, totally sick to death of EA. Total over-saturation.
Joe2120's avatar
I have updated the story for clarification :D I think it's a new 2014 Battlefield Game. Probably BFBC.
Joe2120 4 years ago
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Considering EA have pulled Medal of Honour from their Bi-Annual rotation, it might make sense (at least to EA, if not fans) to have the yearly shooter a Battlefield game. So 2013 has BF4, next year BF:Bad Company 3, 2015 has Battlefield 5? Honestly, after the fiasco of Premium on BF3, I shan't be picking it up day 1. I love Battlefield, but £40, then £40 for premium, then a premium edition coming out for £40 before the last of the DLC is released? I'm not gonna have EA make me feel that badly ripped off again. From here on, it's GOTY (or equivalent) for games like this for me.
dr.sanchez's avatar
dr.sanchez 4 years ago
I also hope that its Bad Company 3. I enjoyed the whole aesthetic of that series and the fact that it didn't take itself too seriously. Plus I enjoyed BC2's multiplayer slightly more than Battlefield 3 (Although that was great too.).
Rachael 4 years ago
Seeing as last night EA pulled MoH out of circulation it is obvious that they would keep with Battlefield. It's EA's only shooter title that can try to compete with cod, so im not surprised to read this news. I am one of those rare people that actually prefer Battlefield.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
People I know who are more gamers than casual, all prefer Battlefield. COD has too big a casual fanbase to topple for it.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Yeh i agree, i just prefer the large scale battlefields and use of vehicles, team work too which is practically unseen in cod!
Rachael 4 years ago
Barada's avatar
Teamwork in an FPS? You must be joking - kill or be killed seems to be everyone's motto. A real shame gamers generally have no idea how to play 'team' modes. If it took 30 seconds to respawn, you'd see who was prepared to wander off, all guns blazing like they currently do! ;)
Barada 4 years ago
There are certain groups that do teamwork, in Battlefield not cod lol.
Rachael 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
My favourite FPS online game has been MAG. And when that first came out nobody cared about anybody bar getting their XP up. So keeping your base and stuff was abandoned by people looking for the quick kill. It was a shame. It weakened the Raven team as they were the weaker team, but had a very much defendable base, if people attempted to defend it.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
ashmanmosh's avatar
ashmanmosh 4 years ago
I hope it won't be rushed like every CoD game is, anyway Battlefield ftw! :-D
kwok007's avatar
kwok007 4 years ago
Really hope it's Bad Company 3, as still play Bad Company 2,s multiplayer nearly every day now, even tho I've had BF3 since launch, hardly ever play it. Good old teamwork!
rick75fowler's avatar
rick75fowler 4 years ago
I hope its going to be bad company last game was very good and the mp was top notch i too my self play bf3 and blops2 but to be honest bf3 and bad company are what i call proper war games i really must get bad company bk in my collection
inspector 74's avatar
inspector 74 4 years ago
I just love Bad Company in whatever its guise and Dice just know what theyre doing dont they?? Mirrors Edge 2 though is what I want though ladies and gentlemen
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Medal of Honour goes. Battlefield gets pushed to yearly. It's ok. They were pretty much the same game anyways.
CookieMcCrumble's avatar
CookieMcCrumble 4 years ago
Preferred BC1 to BC2 (single player-wise at least) but for me, the online was often a laggy joke on both those as well as Battlefield 3. Would have played much more if not for that. Will see what they come up with, but you can pretty much bet that they're aiming next gen now.
Barada's avatar
Barada 4 years ago
EA - the home of video game innovation. Cynicism alert! ;)
WoodySteW's avatar
WoodySteW 4 years ago
HA! i only got battlefield 3 at christmas and i am absolutely rubbish at the multiplayer! lmao! it is really hard to understand what i am doing lol, so i run around and just laugh everyt i die! which is pretty often to be honest haha, im glad to hear they will be bringing another BF out next year and not sooner, gives me time to polish up on my shooting skills and get used to this style of gameplay! beautiful game though, and im sure that BF 4 (or whatever they will call it) will be just as stunning and vast. Love the size of the current maps, and you never know, the new game may be on next gen consoles? that would be pretty cool!