Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance includes 'Easy Assist Mode'

The final version of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will have a 'vastly different' feel from the previously released demos.

According to Kotaku, a "Easy Assist Mode" has been added to the game's Easy mode that make the parry/counterattack system semi-automatic. Apparently, this was something the development team felt was necessary to allow less experienced players to get through some of the more difficult battles.

"For us who helped develop the game, we were worried at first if having the Easy Assist would make for an enjoyable game." scenario writer Etsu Tamari told Kotaku. "But when I actually played the game, I was surprised that even though it was easier, I could still experience the fun of the game properly."

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance arrives on February 22. You can pre-order your copy below.

Edited On 01 Feb, 2013

Comments
sod it i am going to buy it, who needs a life right? i only have about 7 games on the go at the minute lol... can't even get my Halo time in at the minute
Pyroloveridge 1 year ago
I know the feeling still have a hangover from christmas and earlier still need to get on to Sleeping Dogs Far Cry 3 and Anarchy Reigns and got Ni no Kuni yesterday. Want to get this even though not a big fan of metal gear I loved previous platinum games like vanquish and Bayonetta which is convincing me to buy this
Bindiana 1 year ago
I got about 70+ games in my backlog, lol. I really need to stop buying games, starting them, getting half way through, and buying 5 more.
Thomas 1 year ago
Whilst no doubt heretical for a long-time gamer to say but, I think this is actually a good idea on the developer's part. MGS: Revengeance is a beautiful-looking game but, in truth, the difficulty in the demo could be punishing at times, and I can imagine it deterring more casual gamers, or reduce them to tears in fits of frustration. And, still, with the various difficulties available, I wouldn't call it pandering to the masses. Good call.
da_kerr 1 year ago
Da_kerr... any relation to Wan? lol no school like the old school
Pyroloveridge 1 year ago
I have a friend who found the demo too hard, she'll be happy about this! Accessibility is gooood. Easy mode might bother some gamers, but if it makes it so more people can enjoy the game then I don't see what the problem is. It's nice having more people to talk to about the game you're currently playing.
Gummy 1 year ago
My friend'll be pleased as he struggled with the boss battle big time. I had some trouble on it but I got there in the end, but now I know what I'm doing I should be fine. I doubt I'd use the easy mode, but it's always good to know its there for other people.
DynamiteWhyte 1 year ago
Really looking forward to this. The demo took a bit of getting used to, but after a while I got into it.
amd500 1 year ago
To be honest i found the demo a bit hard going i think it's the fact the demo doesn't teach you how to play the game.
yoda soldier 1 year ago
well it would be better for people new to the MGS series.
A2GMAN 1 year ago
I found it hard at first, but the more you play the better you get. Its with anything, practice makes perfect. I kept getting C's on the last boss fight but after my 5th try I got an A.
Arun1910 1 year ago
Arun1910 1 year ago
The countering system in the game IS pretty horrible though, so I guess it's nice they included the option to not have to deal with it for people.
PrometheusFan 1 year ago
I didnt think much of the countering system either, and the developer obviously doesnt think it works to well hence this addition to the game. I will be using it for my first play through atleast.
Rachael 1 year ago
If the game is preset at, what many consider 'hard' - aren't any of you concerned the game might be extremely short? I've watched some videos and find the game-style unrewarding, hacking at humanoid enemies for 20, 30, or 40+ times to overcome them? Might as well have a guy with an axe chopping trees down! ;)
Barada 1 year ago
MGS : Lumberjack Simulator ;)
Gloria 1 year ago
Good one! ;)
Barada 1 year ago
thats fine, we can't all be super talented at games so if it gives others a hand if they want it, thats cool, i don't intend to use it tho.
J-D 1 year ago
Don't see this as a problem at all, it's not forced upon the more hardcore crowd and it opens the game up for people who are not so good to play. Good move.
LFC Bywater 1 year ago
That might be me then. I'm struggling to keep up with some of these games, now!
Barada 1 year ago
The game seemed easy enough on "Normal" during the demo. It took a while to perfect the Parry moves, but once you had that down, it was a cakewalk! Are you sure a super easy mode like this is needed? Wouldn't it actually stop players from learning one of the fundamental parts of this game?
Afrododger 1 year ago
Despite how feeble I might be on some games, I still play 'normal' on all games - they're how the original experience is set-up (most of the time). ;)
Barada 1 year ago
This is great news for begginer gamers! and would introduce people to the Metal Gear style of games! and it is great to hear that the game still holds its fun whilst being easy. bring on the action! i will probably play on normal for 2 hours and if it is too easy, then probably change the difficulty to hard and start again! i love to play a challenging game :D I didnt even realise there was a demo for this game! as i am typing this, i am downloading it lol ...... how can i apss on such an incredible oppertunity!
WoodySteW 1 year ago
Not sure about this new combat system for players with less or no experience with Metal Gear Solid, but I think it will make the game less enjoyable, it is fun to learn, beating games which are too easy is not satisfactory. If i decide to pick this game up, I wouldn't go for this mode, will keep it normal, even though I played MGS for approximately 2/3 hours, could not get into the the previous MGS games, I still need to try Metal Gear Solid 4.
Bhamkeyx 1 year ago