Dead Space 3 includes '11' microtransaction options

How do you feel about microtransactions within your games? Well you are going to need to get used to them because Dead Space 3 launches with 11 forms of DLC.

Eurogamer reports that Dead Space 3 includes a microtransaction option for the game's crafting system, allowing you to boost Issac's bot storage, improve the bot's personality and more.

Do you like the idea of microtransactions within games? EA obviously does since games such as FIFA (Ultimate Team), Mass Effect 3 and The Simpsons Tapped Out (most addictive game I have ever played) are making it a fortune.

Here's a list of the day one microtransaction DLC.

Here's a list of the DLC (Price in Dollars):

Epic Weapon & Resource Pack - 2.99
Online Pass - 9.99
Ultra Weapon & Resource Pack - 1.99
Resource Pack - 0.99

Edited On 01 Feb, 2013

Comments
Some of those are a bit pricey, only a couple are cheap enough to be called microtransactions. I won't be wasting any money on them anyway.
Gloria 1 year ago
Me neither, i will just play out the game and wait for the first proper piece of dlc when that arrives.
Rachael 1 year ago
Ignoring the online pass which i am presuming comes with the game if purchased new those micro transactions double the price of the game.
Bindiana 1 year ago
seriously??? 5 quid a pop is not a "micro" transaction!! they look like weapon packs?
Pyroloveridge 1 year ago
Microtransactions like this for single player feels like such a cash grab. I'm fine paying for dlc with actual content or multiplayer enhancements when multiplayer is fun (non pay2win only for obvious reasons) but this... I'm not sure what they were thinking on this one.
ASC 1 year ago
They appear to be more like game add ons than microtransactions. At least i looks like we get one for free.
yoda soldier 1 year ago
shame relley. what is the point of micro transactions. where u prob get some of the content in game...but nice 1 on the starter dlc
A2GMAN 1 year ago
I don't mind Micro transactions as long as you can do those things in the game without them but they just take longer if you know what i mean. If i can increase my bot capacity range through playing but the Micro transaction just speeds up the process then im happy, but if the only way to increase it is by buying these i will be really annoyed.
Rachael 1 year ago
Gamers are already expected to pay £35-40 on release for these games; withholding parts of the 'main' game within the game is a crafty psychological move. Sure, some gamers will snap-up the 'extra' bits, moreso when 'inside' the product, rather than an 'add-on' , which is usually just a belated DLC a few weeks removed from release dates - thus only interesting the gamers who've taken a real shine to the product. This is taking the p**s out of us all!
Barada 1 year ago
This doesn't surprise me seeing as it's an EA game, I just won't buy any of it, I don't think that it will add anything extra to my experience of the game so it's and no go for me.
LFC Bywater 1 year ago
I liked the demo of this; only played Dead Space (which is a damn fine experience) so far but this looks awesome, visually. Knowing the other stuff should be in the game might annoy me but wouldn't stop me wanting to push on without it! I know Dead Space has a lot of DLC packs I've never bothered with.
Barada 1 year ago
This is just fantastic news for all the EA lovers out there isnt it ha ha!!! Im a fan of EA but untill i get a clearer understanding of what these microtransactions are all about ile reserve judgement.....if these are essential to play through the game then I will be bitterly dissapointed and disgusted but if these are in the same vein as say the most wanted car unlocks (another EA masterpiece he he!!) where u just buy to get stuff early on then fine i will do what i previously have done and just play the game through for the unlocks and pay nothing for any of this
inspector 74 1 year ago
hmm seems interesting but i agree there price looks rather on the steep side tho,i think i just play through the game as normal lie the above poster if ya inpatient theb ya buy these add ons eraly bit like bf3 i supose but for me i rather achieve them old skool way.
rick75fowler 1 year ago
More money-grabbing tactics brought to you by EA.
DJH117 1 year ago
I am looking forward to this game, more so than a new console. From what I can tell is that you can loot components that will let you create unique weapons, and then sell / give to other players. If it works well as I think I could be spending a lot of time on this game. You may not need to buy any DLC with weapons as I think you may be able to craft better weapons. The DLC just gives you adequate weapons without getting putting time into looting components.
superniceguy 1 year ago
I'm not sure I'll be looking forward to this. I played the demo and it wasn't nearly as gripping as the previous (or first) instalment. It seems very gimmicky now, and relies on the "Gears" element of gameplay to entertain. It doesn't make you feel like you're alone and almost hopeless. This style of DLC is not a new thing for EA games (or most games and companies) now. I probably won't pick up DS3 until it's cheaper in the sales anyway.
Afrododger 1 year ago
Whatever happened to 'nickel and diming' us to death... now they're trying to 'fiver us to death'.... *sadface*
InSaNeCaT 1 year ago
And when they see people will be willing to pay fivers they will move onto tenner's. and so on...
Rachael 1 year ago
Was looking forward to this but stuff like this puts me off slightly. I've got plenty of other stuff to be playing so will probably wait for a GOTY edition later.
shiny miller 1 year ago
I feel the same, had a slight interest in this but now there is no chance at all of me paying full price for this.
Datastatic 1 year ago
ea r taking the piss out of every gamer who likes deadspace im gonna cancel my pre order
michael 1 year ago
15 identical post's, new record i think ;)
LFC Bywater 1 year ago
Surely that wasn't an accident, lol. I've heard of double posts, sometimes even triple, but never seen 15, lol.
Thomas 1 year ago
i'll skip this one, demo was meh and theres a lot of other stuff i wanna get too. tomb raider, p4 golden, sly etc
J-D 1 year ago
After waiting forever and a day for this title, this has made me all cold. I rather my Collectors edition I got last time around, which added a few of these things but cost a couple quid extra. EA are a complete joke.
Beazi 1 year ago
Probably will still get it, cos its DS3... but umming and arring whether or not to get Aliens instead!
Beazi 1 year ago
flop1981's avatar
I don't see what all the fuss is. These upgrades and packs are not essential, you don't have to purchase them. If you do, you are only making things easier for yourself in the game. I personally like the challenge of completing a game without aids or cheats.
flop1981 1 year ago
But that is the thing. These "DLC" packs are essentially cheats. Last time I checked, cheat codes were free.
Thomas 1 year ago