The Future of PlayStation to be live-streamed

It's what's on everyone's mind at the moment. Just what will Sony show off at it's press event on February 20. Well the good news is that you can watch for yourself and find out.

We've been scouring the internet for as much information as we can find and have come across news that the event will be live-streamed over the internet.

The event takes place at around 11pm GMT UK time, so it's not too late.

Interestingly we have also discovered that Japan is also advertising this event. If a new console is to be shown then you would expect Japan to be in the loop too, given that it is Sony's home. So can we expect PS4?

If you are unable to make the stream, don't worry, we'll have all the news as it happens, so you can catch up in the morning.

Edited On 01 Feb, 2013

Comments
I thought you meant that live streaming was the future of Playstation (as in central processors at Sony and PS4 would be a terminal unit). I got all excited for a minute..until I realised my Internet connection in a rural area would make a mockery of that as a concept.. and then again until I realised I had the wrong end of the stick. ..I'm going to stop rambling now.
tri 1 year ago
That's what I read into it too!
shiny miller 1 year ago
I think they will show something, as in the console, but won't release specs at all. I am hoping for a release date though at least. One thing I dont understand is that I thought Sony said they were going to let Microsoft unveil their console first? Maybe Sony got tired waiting?
Arun1910 1 year ago
We won't be seeing a price or exact launch date at this for sure, but if the NGP reveal is any indicator, we can expect at least a dozen game previews/announcements and confirmation of whether it's coming out in 2013 and of course the final console design... which obsessive analysis by internet types of the "see the future" trailer have discovered possible glimpses of, and it seems it could be modelled after the slimline PS2. It's going to be a long three weeks.
PrometheusFan 1 year ago
Physically, I'm sure the PS4 (or whatever daft name they attach to the box) will look as drab as all the others! ;)
Barada 1 year ago
Everybody is gunna be sooo bummed if it comes to the 20th and its not a Ps4 announcement lol. Im sure it will be though.
Rachael 1 year ago
Looking forward to see what they will annouce, propably PS4 and hopefuly so other exciting news. I'm looking forward, and hopefuly I will have time to watch it live.
Bhamkeyx 1 year ago
Clips of these presentations, as they usually are, are so tedious; they might show the box, and some early test-footage of games nobody will care about a month or two after release! I love it when companies talk about the future of gaming, uh, it's never quite how they advertise. Remember the PS2 and it's 'emotion engine' nonsense Sony spouted on about?
Barada 1 year ago
You're a very negative nancy aren't you?
DynamiteWhyte 1 year ago
Cynical Chinchilla would be more appropriate. Maybe it's the mid-life crisis kicking in, I dunno! ;)
Barada 1 year ago
No, deffinetly a negative nancy!
lukas83 1 year ago
"WE HAVE BOUGHT MICROSOFT!!!!!".......or yeah, ps4
J-D 1 year ago
Now this really hots things up doesent it??? If this is indeed the BIG reveal for the PS4 that is??? I think if we are all honest here we just assumed Microsoft would be the 1st of the two to break news of theyre new console didnt we...........what a great day for gaming
inspector 74 1 year ago
this is sooooo exciting i cant wait to see this new ps4,if thats whats the 20th is all about are sony playing a game of poker here to see if microsoft show there hand.i really wanna see the comparisons between them so i can make my mind up on which one to buy first :P
rick75fowler 1 year ago
Can't wait any longer for this.
DJH117 1 year ago
will the stream be available via psn? please don't make me have to access PS Home though
HappyNoodleBoy 1 year ago
It will probably live stream on YouTube too. Most things do these days.
Thomas 1 year ago
Most likely they will announce a new console, but it would be nice to hear about some new IPs or sequels to long lost games.
fusearts 1 year ago
Really can not wait to see what they announce. Perhaps some news on what they plan to do with Gaikai and finally confirming the existence of PS4 and how they plan to improve things for Vita.
Akira_Tenshi 1 year ago